[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
What enchants (helm, boots, gloves)should this spec farm for on the Divine font in the lab?

The odds are probably incredibly low but the best for helm would be something that works with your attack skill. Assuming static strike one of these:

"
EnchantmentStaticStrikeDamage1 66 25% increased Static Strike Damage
EnchantmentStaticStrikeDamage2 75 40% increased Static Strike Damage
EnchantmentStaticStrikeDuration1 66 30% reduced Static Strike Duration
EnchantmentStaticStrikeDuration2 75 45% reduced Static Strike Duration
EnchantmentStaticStrikeRadius1~ 66 8% increased Static Strike Radius
EnchantmentStaticStrikeRadius2 75 12% increased Static Strike Radius

Gloves I have no idea, haven't looked at all the effects. Not sure if any one in particular is better than the others. I got this one:

Looks like little ice arrows come out from my character in a star pattern every time I kill something. I don't notice any difference other than the visual effect but if I did it would be overpowered.

Boots, most options look fine. The most damage would be the attack speed. We have plenty of that though and sooner or later you can't keep up with the mana cost if you keep piling it on. The "90% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently" might be a good goal. 'Recently' is 4 seconds I believe. The dodge and elemental penetration are fine as well. The only ones I see that are probably not the best are the stun avoidance and maybe the reduced mana cost of skills if you don't have any mana problems. I'd re-roll those and maybe first tier rolls of anything else.

Finally got 12% attack speed
Why not choosing guardian class?
"
Finally got 12% attack speed

Congrats, that's a nice damage buff for you.
"
forgottentr wrote:
Why not choosing guardian class?

Inquisitor's damage is too good to pass up. I still maxed spell block easily.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
SimbaQ7 wrote:
Hi there Sovyn,

On your CWDT setup should'nt blood rage and tempest shield be 1 lvl lower or, CWDT gem 1 lvl higher?

Thx :)

You can see that the CWDT gem it says "...support skill gems requiring level 38 or lower" and on my golem gem it says requires level 38, tempest says requires 37 and blood rage requires 37. Also notice that it says that the next levels on blood rage and tempest require level 40 so we don't level them again.

My mistake. I had a supp gem of higher lvl linked just for leveling it and it was messing the setup.

"
SimbaQ7 wrote:
My mistake. I had a supp gem of higher lvl linked just for leveling it and it was messing the setup.

No problem, it can happen to the best of us.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 26, 2016, 8:35:20 PM
Hey Sovyn,

I think I almost get the right item for the play now and skill gem.
May I ask when do we upgrade our gems to +20? or it is not needed?

Could you do a gear check for current status?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/jasontheng/characters

I know i'm missing some max hp on my gear. slowly working on that. and 300+dps mace. Other than that?

Could you maybe guide me priority to get which item first?

Thank you =)
Jason
"
jasontheng wrote:
Could you maybe guide me priority to get which item first?

Jason, on the gems getting 20 quality is nice but not a huge upgrade or anything. I level mine to 20 and then turn in a level 20 gem along with 1 gemcutter's prism to any vendor and he/she gives me back a level 1 20 quality gem which I then re-level to 20.

You could add quality to your atziri's promise, it would last a little longer.

You could improve the romira's implicit with a few blessed orbs.

Just a few tweaks really, armour 300+ and life 90+ on a belt with an open prefix for 20+ elemental damage from Tora (and improving the implicit to 24% with Blessed), another point or two of spell block from a 25 rainbows, of course the illusive corruption on the shield. Similar gloves with 80+ life but that is getting quite picky (and costly). Ring could have a second DPS component like accuracy, attack speed or crit.

There is always better gear out there but you are getting close to the best you can get at a low cost.
What's the reason for having a level 13 meele attack gem?
Sovyn! I finally have something worthwhile to report, I think.. since I got a lot of playtime in this weekend. I made it to level 78 and absolutely crush maps up to Tier 6. I can do rare ones without even caring to look at the mods on them. Tier 6 maps are where I have to start paying attention though, which is fine.. from what I can tell, that is where the loot is that I want anyway. The biggest problem I was having, was telling what to pick up and what to keep or sell. It all looks the same to me, so I found the chaos orb recipe for trading in a full set of UN-ID rares and just did that for a while.

My build took a funky turn though, that I'll share.. I was using all items that I found myself due to fear of trading with others but the weapon was really giving me a hard time, even after trying to learn how to craft or just dropping an alchemy on a few decent base items. So I broke down and bought this:

Soon after I put that on, I went and did my first map - Tropical Island or whatever it was and found a crest of perandus. I lost nearly 4000 armor putting it on but it didn't matter. My damage was still really weird though. Struggling a little more, I didn't know what to do.. on a whim, I took off static strike and put ice crash back on.. the game changed for me. That's when I screamed through maps. I might try static again eventually, but as a new player and my first character.. ice crash just works for me, especially with the perandus chest encounters. It stifles the large groups of mobs enough for me to just melt them down. I also found excellent jewels for the skill tree that have +freeze chance and +freeze duration and melee dmg increase.. it is just working great right now. Once I find some better gear, I know I'm lacking some resists right now, but am making up for it with flasks, I'll go and try static strike again. Learned some good tips on gear and skill gem recipes from talking with some people in game though so I think this first play through was a huge success thanks to you.

With that being said, just want to share a few things I found myself with only buying that hammer:

I found the anvil just before I logged off last night. I want to try it out, but I'm lacking just a few points of intelligence (my gloves would be unusable if I take other ammy off) but I need to replace my gloves anyway. Nice find on the new shield though right?? So, sorry for the novella once again just really excited and love the build..

To pay it forward a little, maybe.. if any new Sovyn Pally's are starting out.. I'd like to pass along my old shield to someone who will use it. Let me know and I can get it to you any time after 6pm EST:

Any suggestions moving on, Sovyn? Should I just keep working through maps and slowly chip away at levels? I didn't bother killing Merc Malachai yet and I tried Merc Labyrinth once, did to the second version of Izaro. That is, I'm sure, indicative of my mediocre (at best) resists.
Last edited by frenzul on Mar 28, 2016, 10:19:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info