[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Phlobon wrote:
I selected a few different nodes as I am not using a Mace skill. What I am stuck with is for maps T12 + should I stick with BOR or 6 - Link
Spoiler
and get a Helm with high armour/life and chaos res. My DPS isn't suffering i'm at near 30k with just Hatred and Herald of Ash, fully buffed I go up over 60k so frenzy charges, taste of hate and Atziri flask. Oh and I am currently level 93, any advice is appreciated.

Hi Phlobon, stuck how? survivability or damage? Your spell block is lower than it could be and so is your single target damage although Reave has more physical component which is good. You could move fortify to whirling blades and put WED instead which would help with kill speed. You would curse a bit more often with my counter-attack curse on hit setup than CWDT.

BoR damage is a little lower DPS than a 6-link chest with all 20/20 gems when compared straight across BUT with BoR we get 6 block which I use to get some damage nodes instead so it actually comes out to the same. Cheaper too of course. You get endurance charges too.

On your tree, get those 3/10 nodes by Retaliation instead of the 40 def node, cost ya 1 point and good DPS boost.

If you stay with the claw you can head for deadly dilettante for 4 points. Get some better jewels to make up for that lightning resist node near diamond skin and get rid of that.
Survivability is great it takes a lot to really kill me or I have to do something incredibly stupid. Spell block is much lower than it could be for sure I should get the Stone of Lazhwar I was worried about losing the %8 block I could make some of it up with jewels. I will make the changes and see how it goes.

Stuck I meant decision wise as the character already feels very strong I am hesitant to swap gear but getting the resists on helm/chest would open a lot of options for ring and gloves. Jewels I am also looking at swapping I am using the unique one right now mentioned in your post and 2 others that primarily add damage. For those I will invest a decent chunk of currency to get good ones.

I didn't even see deadly dilettante so much better thanks for that I will swap things in the tree when I get home.
lol this right here is part of why I love GGG the counter troll http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/page/2
"
Phlobon wrote:
Stuck I meant decision wise as the character already feels very strong I am hesitant to swap gear but getting the resists on helm/chest would open a lot of options for ring and gloves. Jewels I am also looking at swapping I am using the unique one right now mentioned in your post and 2 others that primarily add damage. For those I will invest a decent chunk of currency to get good ones.

I didn't even see deadly dilettante so much better thanks for that I will swap things in the tree when I get home.

I did manage to fit in DPS gloves even with BoR, no need for resists on chest and gloves. There are jewels out there that have both DPS and resists, sufficient to get 75x3 in merciless. See my current gear section on page 1.

But do try it your way I just don't think it's worth it to expend the currency to six link that chest just for my build but maybe it would sell for enough to recoup your costs, pretty nice rolls. Depends how lucky you are on linking. Vorici method, probably couldn't recoup the costs for that. People tend to use unique chests mostly I think so it could be slow to sell.

I don't think you are going to do a lot of adjustment on the tree until you level a couple more times, just really that single resist node is not ideal for min/max, you could get the two 3/10 dps nodes for that 1 point instead which are worth 3K hideout DPS to me. Nice for 1 point.

Well taking another look at your tree I'd probably take off path of the warrior and the armour nodes you took near indomitable (not that great by the way it's like 5% less damage taken typically from a crit).

Edit, here you go, fixed tree
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 24, 2016, 11:05:53 PM
Alright I will stick with the current setup gear wise and swap jewels and points in the tree. I figured I was doing something backwards Thanks for the help your build is incredibly fun and incredibly survivable I got my first Atziri kill this morning and have pushed into maps higher than I have in previous leagues.

UPDATE: Made the tree changes, bought a corrupted stone of lazhwar with %4 block on it im @ %74 block, %68 spell block just about 9k armour and 42k dps with just hatred and herald of ash. Thanks again Sovyn the help is much appreciated.
lol this right here is part of why I love GGG the counter troll http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/page/2
Last edited by Phlobon on Mar 25, 2016, 12:16:18 AM
"
Phlobon wrote:
UPDATE: Made the tree changes, bought a corrupted stone of lazhwar with %4 block on it im @ %74 block, %68 spell block just about 9k armour and 42k dps with just hatred and herald of ash. Thanks again Sovyn the help is much appreciated.

Sounds good. You're welcome, have fun out there.
I dont understand one thing about Dps.
You make very emphasis in Pdps, but in a case like:

- 1 weapon with 300 dps, all physical.
or
- 1 weapon with 400 dps, 275 Pdps and 125 Edps.

Wich one would be more powerful?
By logic it should be the one with 400 total dps, right?
"
lDrass wrote:
I dont understand one thing about Dps.
You make very emphasis in Pdps, but in a case like:

- 1 weapon with 300 dps, all physical.
or
- 1 weapon with 400 dps, 275 Pdps and 125 Edps.

Wich one would be more powerful?
By logic it should be the one with 400 total dps, right?

Maybe since your pdps in that example is only 25 difference, the elemental damage would probably be enough to make it better. The reason I emphasize pdps is because everything we have scales off physical whereas we have fewer elemental damage scaling nodes and supports. Also, elemental conversion skills (static, molten, ice) all scale better off physical.
Hi there Sovyn,

On your CWDT setup should'nt blood rage and tempest shield be 1 lvl lower or, CWDT gem 1 lvl higher?

Thx :)
"
SimbaQ7 wrote:
Hi there Sovyn,

On your CWDT setup should'nt blood rage and tempest shield be 1 lvl lower or, CWDT gem 1 lvl higher?

Thx :)

You can see that the CWDT gem it says "...support skill gems requiring level 38 or lower" and on my golem gem it says requires level 38, tempest says requires 37 and blood rage requires 37. Also notice that it says that the next levels on blood rage and tempest require level 40 so we don't level them again.
I see, thanks for the aclaration.
At the moment im using Lightning Strike, and yeah, it uses a high % of damage converted.
Anyway that juicy claw i saw in poe.trade is gone, but it wasnt much better than my actual weapon.
Last edited by lDrass on Mar 26, 2016, 7:06:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info