[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I got to work on poe.trade and practically finished my build.

Now i'm just looking into better quality uniques and leveling, i found a 4% spell block corrupted Lioneye's shield in Perandus but its 1 Exalted , which while probably worth it i'm a bit scared of pulling that trigger.

A new scepter and boots shouldn't be too expensive to come by.

I'm posting my profile again in case you can provide any further criticism Sovyn , i thank you in advance.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Zelai/characters

Cheers , Zelai.
"
frenzul wrote:
- Can I sell items through that site you keep posting too? I have a few things I think are decent, of course it is all caster stuff so it doesn't help me. I tried trade chat, but it's all spammy. If I can start selling things here and there I'd be much more inclined to buy something myself.

As to having trouble in merciless that would be expected as you are playing self found through the game for the very first time and not farming extensively. The end result is you don't have good resists or the expected amount of life and block. The game is designed for a player who is trading. That can be compensated for but only by an experienced player who is willing to do a lot of farming.

Yes you can sell items on poe.trade. You can set up a shop only on the forum and poe.trade will scrape it, use third party tools like aquisition or procurement to make your forum shop with the correct buyout tags and help you manage it, or support GGG and buy premium tabs and do it all through the game interface. The last way is probably easiest in my opinion. here's a how to for that. http://poe.trade/html/public-stash-tabs.html
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
frenzul wrote:

As to having trouble in merciless that would be expected as you are playing self found through the game for the very first time and not farming extensively. The end result is you don't have good resists or the expected amount of life and block. The game is designed for a player who is trading. That can be compensated for but only by an experienced player who is willing to do a lot of farming.

Yes you can sell items on poe.trade. You can set up a shop only on the forum and poe.trade will scrape it, use third party tools like aquisition or procurement to make your forum shop with the correct buyout tags and help you manage it, or support GGG and buy premium tabs and do it all through the game interface. The last way is probably easiest in my opinion. here's a how to for that. http://poe.trade/html/public-stash-tabs.html

Thank you. I'm going to look into the trading options now. I wasn't aware it was so important, it just seemed like something on the side. I always feel like if I just buy the best stuff on these games, I've got nothing to work towards.

I didn't realize you could really spend time farming before, or at least didn't know how. Just figured out last night that you could reset instances, so that completely changed the game for me. I did buy a set of the premium tabs when they were on sale over the weekend, I'll have to figure out if that will help me. Again. Thanks. I'll try to keep the noobish questions at bay until I know what in the world I'm doing.
"
klodpeng wrote:

Fortify or Faster Attacks is better to support Static Strike.

and I want to know your Enchants skill in gloves, boots , helmet.

Faster Attacks will kill monsters faster, fortify will make it more consistent to have the Fortify buff (probably best for hardcore). I finally just put my Fortify on the movement skill instead but the uptime is not perfect. Killing monster packs in a second is more fun though so I went for damage.

I don't have any enchantments on my gear that I'd recommend yet but the ideal would be the ones for your attack skill on the helmet (that will be hard), and any of the ones for boots are fine as long as it's not first tier or the stun avoidance (I don't think I get stunned) or reduced mana cost (maybe if you are having mana problems but the leech or regen is probably better in most areas). The movement speed might be a little bit weaker than the other choices depending how important that is to you. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_boot_enchantment_mods

For gloves I don't think it matters as far as I know, just get a decree.

Edit, Decree of Light or Decree of Spite look more defensive. Probably a physical based decree for an offence choice such as Decree of Force as I believe if our passive nodes effect the enchantment that a physical one would be best.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 23, 2016, 2:33:29 PM
"
Zelai wrote:
I'm posting my profile again in case you can provide any further criticism Sovyn , i thank you in advance

Looking good, I didn't add up your resists to make sure they are at cap (if not, adjust the jewels) but if so you are about there, just minor upgrades to rolls now like BoR has low life roll and Doryani's could be over 300 pdps, gloves and ring could have better physical roll and maybe accuracy on ring instead of cold, belt could have armour, shield could have spell block as you said. Also your attack skill and supports need quality but you can do that almost free if you are very patient with the vendor recipe.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Looking good, I didn't add up your resists to make sure they are at cap (if not, adjust the jewels) but if so you are about there, just minor upgrades to rolls now like BoR has low life roll and Doryani's could be over 300 pdps, gloves and ring could have better physical roll and maybe accuracy on ring instead of cold, belt could have armour, shield could have spell block as you said. Also your attack skill and supports need quality but you can do that almost free if you are very patient with the vendor recipe.

Resistences are capped (ever so barely so i dont have a lot of wiggle room if im to switch around pieces).

Im just gonna try to upgrade my uniques to better versions is the poe.trade pdps calculator trustworthy then? im pretty new to all this.

Most of my jewels are 19 so guess im waiting.

Any opinion about dropping 1ex on a 4% spell block Lioneyes? Edit : Actually nvm that its only 2% spell block i think im gonna wait a bit and see it a 4% one pops up.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Zelai on Mar 23, 2016, 3:08:33 PM
"
frenzul wrote:
I did buy a set of the premium tabs when they were on sale over the weekend, I'll have to figure out if that will help me.

Should help, just be sure to read the page that is linked to first thing in that premium tab guide I mentioned. The two pages should make it easy to get started.

As far as pricing, find the lowest for a similar item on poe.trade offline or not and price yours just a bit above that. Or you can see who is actually online selling it (with the online switch on poe.trade) and just price same as the lowest there.
"
Zelai wrote:
Im just gonna try to upgrade my uniques to better versions is the poe.trade pdps calculator trustworthy then? im pretty new to all this.

Any opinion about dropping 1ex on a 4% spell block Lioneyes? Edit : Actually nvm that its only 2% spell block i think im gonna wait a bit and see it a 4% one pops up.

Yes the pdps is accurate on poe.trade once you quality it up with whetstones.

1ex is the most I'd pay for a 4 spell block lioneye's. I got mine for 20 chaos but I was lucky. Deals happen.
Hello Sovyn, first of all thank you very much for the detailed and clearly written guide. I cant imagine how many people are having more fun in this game because of it. You are a great man, a great templar :D

I'm currently at lvl 90 and I always had a smile on my face on the way up.

However, I did realize it could be very difficult to bring up the dps. To optimize that I tried using a rare helmet with a 6 link rare chest, then I also tried using a Devoto, but they are just not what I was expected.

Currently, with the wealth I've collected all the way, I am trying out the Abyssus + Lightning Coil combination. The dps is awesome, but just not that tanky any more. Oh and I'm holding an Aegis as well.

So do you have any suggestions on the balance between dps and toughness? Have you ever tried using a legacy BOR? How would that change the skill tree and would that bring you more dps and toughness at the same time?

I appreciate your time reading these ridiculously long reply which is missing the point the whole time :)
"
BoCantRap wrote:
So do you have any suggestions on the balance between dps and toughness? Have you ever tried using a legacy BOR? How would that change the skill tree and would that bring you more dps and toughness at the same time?

Hi there BoCantRap, Glad you find my guide useful. I used to use abyssus and 5-link lightning coil with purity of lightning. Tried it for a couple months, worked fine without blood rage or very selective use of blood rage just on easy maps. However, a regular BoR and Herald of Ash and full-time blood rage instead is just as good and even less costly. See my current gear for details. DPS is well in excess of 100K tooltip peak which pretty much one shots everything when soloing. No experience with legacy BoR but sure it would be a little bit better. The extra 6 levels of faster attacks is good but not a game changer. The main difference would be the extra block, you could pick up skull cracking plus bone breaker instead of some of the block nodes -- you would lose defenses from equipped shield though so armour/es would be lower. It's not really necessary to go overboard on the DPS beyond my current setup on the first page though. The main issue is really how fast can you move between packs rather than how fast you can kill them once you are there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info