[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hi there all and thanks for taking a moment to check my char and , hopefully , help me polish it a bit.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Zelai/characters

I have tried to pick cheaper versions of the items Sovyn is using but now , at 82 and with about 2 exalts worth of currency in my stash is time to start buying some higher tier items.

I would like some advice into which pieces of my setup i should try to upgrade first.

Im fairly certain that a new pair of boots with 25% spell block (instead of 20% like mine) would be a good place to start since when i check the defensive tab Sovyn has posted in the first post what strikes me the most is the 75% spell block , while i sit with a measly 36%.

Im also thinking on spending on a real Doryani's scepter with cap attack speed (the one im using came almost free).

So Any advice you can spare?

Thanks for your time

Zelai
Last edited by Zelai on Mar 22, 2016, 5:51:31 PM
"
frenzul wrote:
Afternoon Sovyn! God I can't tell you how much I'm loving this build.

,..... etc.

frenzul, I'm glad you are enjoying. The claw is all right but it is low DPS for your level, I'd go for something 200 pdps or so, would only cost 1-2 chaos. http://poe.trade/search/itekitenihuted

I see splitrock (a fellow lazy pally) has a good 259 pdps mace for sale at 1 chaos. That would be outstanding until you get your doryani's at 75.

You start finding maps in act 3 Merciless. Tier 1 maps can be found in Catacombs (a side area off marketplace) and library as well as Piety and Dominus, etc.

I'd probably finish merciless but skip Malachai and get into mapping then.

Lazhwar is a good amulet when you start encountering spell casting monsters for example catacombs, Dominus etc.

You can easily 4-link that chest but honestly I would put the fuse toward purchsing something better.

I think you will need the weapon upgrade and life gear (you don't have much) to finish Cruel.

Also a shield upgrade as 26 block is low.

Rings with 60+ life, belt with 90 life, boots, gloves with 80 life and chest with 90+ life are inexpensive or easily crafted with just an alchemy, trying a few times (choose good bases) if you must stay self found.
"
Zelai wrote:
Hi there all and thanks for taking a moment to check my char and , hopefully , help me polish it a bit.

Zelai, the rainbowstrides you have are fine for now, 20 to 25% is only 4 spell block.

For spell block we use Stone of Lazwar, 50% is a lot more significant... here are 2% block stones for sale at affordable prices: http://poe.trade/search/asekemammomiyo

Go ahead and use 18 more armourer's scraps on your shield, more armour there translates to nice gains because of all the defenses from equipped shield nodes we have.

Next, you want to get a different rustic sash with 90+ life and an open prefix to craft elemental damage from Tora. You can have a couple resists on it too. You can use the poe.trade site to find just the right one since there are so many ways to narrow down the selection using the controls there. If the implicit physical roll is less than 20 I would use Blessed orbs to get it over 20.

You need to 4-link your gloves with a fuse or two, the curse on hit currently does nothing.

Also get a romira's banquet, I see you only have one ring on.

Only after all that would I bother to upgrade to a better roll Doryani's (300 pdps).
Today's Update

"
03-22-2016 -- Completely revised Recommended attack skills - Endgame section
Hey Sovyn,

Thanks for the guide again.

I'm level 76 now. Farming Lake pretty steady and lower tier map as well.

This is my current build and item. Pretty close to your guide.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/jasontheng/characters

Just missing some item still. Im using daresso courage shield because I need the extra resistance to get to 75%x3. And do you think I should change 1 of my ring to romira's banquet? if so I will lose some resistance as well.

any advice =).

Thank you
"
jasontheng wrote:
Just missing some item still. Im using daresso courage shield because I need the extra resistance to get to 75%x3. And do you think I should change 1 of my ring to romira's banquet? if so I will lose some resistance as well.

Just get rid of those two rare jewels and get jewels with elemental resists on them. They can have almost 50 total resist each and should be cheap. Then you can get a romira's and lioneye's remorse in there.

Your third jewel will be reckless defence in a few levels when you get that third socket.

Don't forget to spec Defiance, it's a great node.

Physical damage is much better on gloves than fire.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
jasontheng wrote:

Just get rid of those two rare jewels and get jewels with elemental resists on them. They can have almost 50 total resist each and should be cheap. Then you can get a romira's and lioneye's remorse in there.

Your third jewel will be reckless defence in a few levels when you get that third socket.

Don't forget to spec Defiance, it's a great node.

Physical damage is much better on gloves than fire.

ok will do some shopping for gear soon.

What is Defiance btw? really new to game. =)

and also, Do you face any problem killing At Izaro at Merciless? any tips facing him?

Thank you =)
"
Sovyn wrote:

frenzul, I'm glad you are enjoying. The claw is all right but it is low DPS for your level.

You start finding maps in act 3 Merciless. Tier 1 maps can be found in Catacombs (a side area off marketplace) and library as well as Piety and Dominus, etc.

I think you will need the weapon upgrade and life gear (you don't have much) to finish Cruel.

Also a shield upgrade as 26 block is low.

Morning Sovyn. I crushed the end of Cruel. The last couple A4 bosses didn't die super fast for me but I would just portal out and back in to reset my potions. Not sure if that's a good tactic, but it worked. The only one that killed me was the last guy, Malachai? In the first stage when Piety turned against me at the same time. He got me once. Other than that, super easy all the way through the end of Cruel.

Merciless was a completely different game. Absolutely got demolished even in the first few zones. So bad, that I almost quit. Instead, I forgot I didn't do Cruel labyrinth so I went back there. I wasn't able to complete it, but I got about halfway through it a few times and got great xp and some nice loot. One time I thought I was going to beat it, everything was going awesome.. hit a random shrine and it gave all monsters +70% lightning damage and went around the next corner and found some thing named Argus. Rocked my world. Didn't matter, the few levels I got in there and an upgrade or two was all I needed.

Anyway.. My flasks were really lacking. I fixed a few of those and messed around with crafting for the first time. Pretty much found white items that I liked, used armor/weapon scraps on them then used an alchemy. If it was no good, I'd just sell it. That's about the extent of my knowledge of crafting.

I made the shield, which seemed to be a decent upgrade (corrupted just to use a vaal orb for the challenge) and the flask I found which made a massive difference in surviving large packs. You mentioned my 3L chest piece. Is this inventory view accurate?? I could've sworn I was using a 4L. Oh man.. feel so stupid if that is true. I could've had a dozen better chest items.

Okay. That's my random novel for the day, sorry. Excited to get back into it after work today. So, my one question:

- Can I sell items through that site you keep posting too? I have a few things I think are decent, of course it is all caster stuff so it doesn't help me. I tried trade chat, but it's all spammy. If I can start selling things here and there I'd be much more inclined to buy something myself.
"
jasontheng wrote:
What is Defiance btw? really new to game. =)

and also, Do you face any problem killing At Izaro at Merciless? any tips facing him?

It's a node on the passive skill tree below the Duelist. Great damage and block node.

I smashed Izaro in merciless without even having to observe any of the mechanics of the fight. I have a bit more life and damage due to my levels though.

Fortify or Faster Attacks is better to support Static Strike.

and I want to know your Enchants skill in gloves, boots , helmet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info