[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Thank you very much for all of your advice and quick replies!
if i play gladiator static strike and dont ues mace, what i need to do with my passive tree?
Last edited by vailolchiensi on Mar 31, 2016, 2:16:36 AM
If i got all of items that are listed in this build, what should i do with my currency, to make it better? Is there some way to upgrade this build with better, not exactly cheap items?
"
vailolchiensi wrote:
if i play gladiator static strike and dont ues mace, what i need to do with my passive tree?

I'm not sure why you wouldn't use a mace as doryani's catalyst is equivalent to a 400 PDPS rare for us. There really isn't anything else that affordable.

But in any case you might want to look at deadly dilettante (4 points) and Herbalism (3 points) instead of galvanic hammer and purity of flesh.

First though, don't forget things like aspect of the lynx and berserking and the two 3/10 nodes before Retaliation which are all very efficient for DPS.

If you are open to my opinion around gladiator I think it's a mistake to give up a large chunk of your effective damage (inquisitor) for spell block you can easily get from inexpensive gear.
"
Bromeek wrote:
If i got all of items that are listed in this build, what should i do with my currency, to make it better? Is there some way to upgrade this build with better, not exactly cheap items?

Sure, there are things like a legacy bringer of rain on standard or mirrored 550 pdps weapons or all level 21 gems on the attack skill, or best in slot rare life speed pdps res diamond ring, best in slot rare pdps speed life res ar gloves, life ar wed tri res belt. Sky's the limit on how much you want to spend right there. You could also try legacy Aegis with high end hybrid ar/es/life gear, I haven't but it could be good in theory. Unfortunately as with any build the jump from good items to best items is very steep but depending on how deep your pockets are there are a few ideas.

Build is super fun, nice and tanky EVEN with sub 4000 life (level 81); that little bit of leech on Romiras was EXACTLY what I needed to leech so thanks for that information. Getting 58K dps with this build and nothing is fully leveled; been playing melee for years and i've never been able to reach the dps for survivability threshold that is super possible (and affordable) with this tree. Nice build, man! PS. Inquisitor is freaking AWESOME!!
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
Build is super fun, nice and tanky EVEN with sub 4000 life (level 81); that little bit of leech on Romiras was EXACTLY what I needed to leech so thanks for that information. Getting 58K dps with this build and nothing is fully leveled; been playing melee for years and i've never been able to reach the dps for survivability threshold that is super possible (and affordable) with this tree. Nice build, man! PS. Inquisitor is freaking AWESOME!!

Thanks for the shout-out, iswirl. Glad you are having fun. Good progress on gearing him.

Edit, elemental weakness is probably a bit better curse choice than vulnerability with static strike/added fire/WED/hatred/herald of ash combo.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 31, 2016, 7:54:42 PM
if you dont really plan on using crit can you use elemental overload and elemental focus?
"
Shanwen222 wrote:
if you dont really plan on using crit can you use elemental overload and elemental focus?

I wouldn't say that you wouldn't be using crit as the whole point of elemental overload is to crit often enough to have decent uptime on the buff (which shouldn't be a problem with my recommended tree and gear). Also inquisitor would still help you to crit more often. I crit a lot with only 30% chance or so plus whatever inquisitor gives me (not shown on tooltip/character sheet). I also freeze and ignite and shock (50% increased damage) a lot as I'm doing a lot of damage of each element. You would lose that and also the 4 skill points to get into overload which is quite a lot of damage from ordinary damage nodes if spent wisely. There is also the substantial lost tooltip dps from no crit multiplier. Finally, Added Fire Damage is almost as much tooltip damage as Elemental Focus and you don't lose the status ailments. Assuming bringer of rain and static strike, that's about the only support you could consider swapping. I'm guessing this idea would be a wash overall but I haven't actually tested it yet.
Last edited by Sovyn on Apr 1, 2016, 10:56:33 PM
what i meant was lose the melee crit nodes and the mace crit. With the inquisitor passive you should be able to crit once every 8 seconds. I was just trying to think of stuff because i like the build but the fact that i have less than 10k armour with aegis (without BoR) and my 3.5k hp doesnt sit well with me.

Would you be willing to test it?

If not could you tell me alternatives for getting more armour and life?
Last edited by Shanwen222 on Apr 2, 2016, 12:16:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info