[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
ikitt wrote:
Thank you for update the guide all time!!

I follow the guide since the Beta, i played your templar in diferents leages and i thinkind to do another one in the new leage but i had a doubt, maybe can do the same build with a duelist ant take the new Gladiator bonus:

+30% of block chance applied to spells
+3% addicional block chance
+15 chance to cause bleeding on hit with attacks
+30% increased damaged if you have killed a bleeding enemy recently

I think this can be more defensive than a templar with inquisitor because you can take 100% of block chance applied to spell. What do you think?

I think it would not be easy to get a Doryani´s Catalist for me in a new leage, and i can play with Resolute Technique and without critical strike chance nodes.

Any help is appreciated!

PD: Sorry for my english

Hello ikitt, You're welcome.

I think Inquisitor is best. Lots of damage. The faster you kill stuff, the safer you are.

Why go for defensive Ascendancy class when we can get all that from gear.

Even if the new unique jewel ends up being rare or expensive and I wouldn't wear it (I try to make the build look affordable), I'll still take all the damage from Inquisitor over an extra 14 spell block.

As far as weapons, anyone can afford a Doryani's, just don't ID any amulets and rings and turn in a set every time you get one after you reach area level 60 and up. That's 2 chaos/2 regal a pop. Adds up fast. No need to even set up a shop. Doryani's only goes for a few chaos these days. Much much cheaper than any good rare weapon. By the time you get to level 75 the no lifers will have had Atziri on farm mode forever so there will be plenty of supply.

If not, a rare sceptre with decent physical damage and some crit chance might work.

If you can't find that, any mace with good physical damage will still work. Remember also that the build works with any weapon type at low levels, not just maces, so use the best one you have.

If you want to take RT, do so, try it both ways. It only takes one regret orb. Might be better with RT at low levels. I figure folks don't need the complication of getting and removing it so I geared the guide toward a straight forward crit build for 2.2. I think most people will fly right past the level range where RT might be better. These days, getting into the 80s is trivial.

Have fun.

Wait wait there's something wrong here. Ikkit mentions 30% spell block but that's from the Gladiator node on Scion's Ascendancy class.

The actual Gladiator gets 100% spell block as a node (Versatile Combatant), while also getting block chance and attack speed. Couldn't this be a better option than Inquisitor? Since we can drop block points on the tree and get more damage there to compensate?

I could swear you would be taking Gladiator or maybe Guardian as the Ascendancy Class, Inquisitor was quite the surprise.

Anyway, super hyped about this and I'm wondering what kind of variation of the build I'll be trying in the new league!
"
MamotromicO wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
ikitt wrote:
Thank you for update the guide all time!!

I follow the guide since the Beta, i played your templar in diferents leages and i thinkind to do another one in the new leage but i had a doubt, maybe can do the same build with a duelist ant take the new Gladiator bonus:

+30% of block chance applied to spells
+3% addicional block chance
+15 chance to cause bleeding on hit with attacks
+30% increased damaged if you have killed a bleeding enemy recently

I think this can be more defensive than a templar with inquisitor because you can take 100% of block chance applied to spell. What do you think?

I think it would not be easy to get a Doryani´s Catalist for me in a new leage, and i can play with Resolute Technique and without critical strike chance nodes.

Any help is appreciated!

PD: Sorry for my english

Hello ikitt, You're welcome.

I think Inquisitor is best. Lots of damage. The faster you kill stuff, the safer you are.

Why go for defensive Ascendancy class when we can get all that from gear.

Even if the new unique jewel ends up being rare or expensive and I wouldn't wear it (I try to make the build look affordable), I'll still take all the damage from Inquisitor over an extra 14 spell block.

As far as weapons, anyone can afford a Doryani's, just don't ID any amulets and rings and turn in a set every time you get one after you reach area level 60 and up. That's 2 chaos/2 regal a pop. Adds up fast. No need to even set up a shop. Doryani's only goes for a few chaos these days. Much much cheaper than any good rare weapon. By the time you get to level 75 the no lifers will have had Atziri on farm mode forever so there will be plenty of supply.

If not, a rare sceptre with decent physical damage and some crit chance might work.

If you can't find that, any mace with good physical damage will still work. Remember also that the build works with any weapon type at low levels, not just maces, so use the best one you have.

If you want to take RT, do so, try it both ways. It only takes one regret orb. Might be better with RT at low levels. I figure folks don't need the complication of getting and removing it so I geared the guide toward a straight forward crit build for 2.2. I think most people will fly right past the level range where RT might be better. These days, getting into the 80s is trivial.

Have fun.

Wait wait there's something wrong here. Ikkit mentions 30% spell block but that's from the Gladiator node on Scion's Ascendancy class.

The actual Gladiator gets 100% spell block as a node (Versatile Combatant), while also getting block chance and attack speed. Couldn't this be a better option than Inquisitor? Since we can drop block points on the tree and get more damage there to compensate?

I could swear you would be taking Gladiator or maybe Guardian as the Ascendancy Class, Inquisitor was quite the surprise.

Anyway, super hyped about this and I'm wondering what kind of variation of the build I'll be trying in the new league!

The two builds mirror one another. Inquisitor uses gear for defenses and gains offence via specialization, while the Gladiator gains defense from their specialization which allows them to gear more offensively.

In the end, Gladiator is probably a little stronger defensively against spells due to their innate 100% block conversion, but Inquisitor will undoubtedly put out more damage, so I'd say it's a toss up at this point. There's a guide that covers the build for Duelists here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868996
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 3, 2016, 12:53:38 AM
"
MamotromicO wrote:

You only get 4-6 points of block consistently from Gladiator. The nodes we take to get just 4-6 block are somewhat efficient in terms of getting damage and life also. It would be challenging to replace without spending just as many points while not gaining any block doing so. I think that with the massive damage boost that Inquisitor offers and since we can max out block and spell block with gear alone that it is worth it to go for clear speed in this case. Obviously the best benefits from Inquisitor are not shown on the tooltip. I know everyone seems to think duelist/gladiator is the only game in town for a block build now, I respectfully disagree. I'm quite sure the overall performance will prove me right in the end.
"
Archimtiros wrote:

The two builds mirror one another. Inquisitor uses gear for defenses and gains offence via specialization, while the Gladiator gains defense from their specialization which allows them to gear more offensively.

In the end, Gladiator is probably a little stronger defensively against spells due to their innate 100% block conversion, but Inquisitor will undoubtedly put out more damage, so I'd say it's a toss up at this point. There's a guide that covers the build for Duelists here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868996

"
Sovyn wrote:

You only get 4-6 points of block consistently from Gladiator. The nodes we take to get just 4-6 block are somewhat efficient in terms of getting damage and life also. It would be challenging to replace without spending just as many points while not gaining any block doing so. I think that with the massive damage boost that Inquisitor offers and since we can max out block and spell block with gear alone that it is worth it to go for clear speed in this case. Obviously the best benefits from Inquisitor are not shown on the tooltip. I know everyone seems to think duelist/gladiator is the only game in town for a block build now, I respectfully disagree. I'm quite sure the overall performance will prove me right in the end.

I guess the 100% spell block just jumps out to the eye immediately.

I actually want to see what kind of thing I can pull out with Scion, it was always my fav class to build Lazy Paly.

Thanks for the answers :D
is it just me or is it kind of strange to take inquisitor with such low crit and crit multi on the tree and with gear choices that don't have crit on them????
"
is it just me or is it kind of strange to take inquisitor with such low crit and crit multi on the tree and with gear choices that don't have crit on them????

Not really as it is the best damage boost overall. Dagger nodes are out of reach so we can't do any better. I'm happy with 150K DPS or so on a tank build.
And what about starting this build as a scion and then his ascendancy tree?? may be good
Really, really nice write up. The deal breaker here for me is resolute technique. Gonna have to go Gladiator for the first go round tomorrow. Maybe I'll come back to this after and compare the two. :D

Again, great build presentation and very informative as well.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
hajmon wrote:
And what about starting this build as a scion and then his ascendancy tree?? may be good

Works just not quite as good IMO. Close though.
"
Moridin79 wrote:
Really, really nice write up. The deal breaker here for me is resolute technique. Gonna have to go Gladiator for the first go round tomorrow.

Build works just fine without RT but nothing stops you from taking it and using one regret later. Maybe a little accuracy on gear would be helpful. I think I take precision early-ish which helps a lot. 80% chance to hit or better is just fine and you can crit occasionally, the pack freezes from hatred when leaping onto them are a nice perk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info