[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Akyllis wrote:
I was wondering what people's thoughts were on going Scion with this build would be in regards to Ascendancy, and I apologize if this has been asked already, but I searched through the last ten or so pages and didn't see anything that answered my question.

Probably Gladiator and Guardian then forget getting the jewel sockets on my tree, will save you 4 skill points to make up for the so-so starting nodes at Scion. Won't be quite as good at clearing monsters as my build but it will work OK.

Thanks for the response. I may try it out in standard and stick with the Templar for the new League, just to get back into the swing of things. Thanks for all the work on the build, it's a ton of fun!
I thought the +2 block from what you had posted was nice, but +4 opens up a whole lot of possibilities.

Spoiler

It was a little too rich for me (5ex on trade chat) this early after release. Tempting, so tempting, as I could cycle out my +1 block gems for more offense. Btw, thank you for the build :)
Have to say Sovyn that your a legend, keeping the build updated through out the various patches without a break and answering peoples posts. Well done for the dedication (just coming back from a break myself so!)
Hello Sovyn, with the new ascendancy league i was checking for your passive path for any changes and saw you removed the blockchance nodes right next to scion. Even with them i have 72% block, missing potentially on gloves, corruption on amulet...

how do you get max block or have you stepped away from this? what am i missing?
-Something in the way
"
jonasofutopia wrote:
It was a little too rich for me (5ex on trade chat) this early after release. Tempting, so tempting, as I could cycle out my +1 block gems for more offense. Btw, thank you for the build :)

The jewel should come way down in price, new uniques are always expensive. I'm hoping 10 chaos eventually.
"
Awoudex wrote:
Hello Sovyn, with the new ascendancy league i was checking for your passive path for any changes and saw you removed the blockchance nodes right next to scion. Even with them i have 72% block, missing potentially on gloves, corruption on amulet...

how do you get max block or have you stepped away from this? what am i missing?

block sources
shield 30
amulet 2 (or gloves 1-2 would work)
unique jewel 2 (or regular jewel 1 would work for now if you have the +2 amulet or roll 2 on gloves)
other jewels 2
tempest 3
BoR 6
skill tree 31 (don't forget artistry)

total 75 block
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 5, 2016, 12:55:12 PM
ah the 6% of BoR...

So when in a new league, you're basically not going to get it with the current path
-Something in the way
"
Awoudex wrote:
ah the 6% of BoR...

So when in a new league, you're basically not going to get it with the current path

It's only day 2, can;'t expect to finish the build on day 2. BoR will be cheap within a reasonable time, it's only 5 chaos on standard. Still cheaper than a 5-link coil or belly which is considered very doable.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Awoudex wrote:
ah the 6% of BoR...

It's only day 2, can;'t expect to finish the build on day 2. BoR will be cheap within a reasonable time, it's only 5 chaos on standard. Still cheaper than a 5-link coil or belly which is considered very doable.

of course not, but for someone who hates the trading system, it will be a horror :p
For most of the time i play purist untill my tabs become too full with currency, then i trade the stacks to ex. For a semi-purist your build was awesome because it works without having the need for many specific items. I hope you will keep it that way as much as possible :)

as for the block, well i'll have a bit less dps i guess :)

thanks for the fast replies!
-Something in the way
"
Awoudex wrote:
of course not, but for someone who hates the trading system, it will be a horror :p

I understand self-found but since 99% of the player base will trade for inexpensive items that will help their build out I think the BoR choice is reasonable. Maybe you will find one, I have seen 2-3 of them drop myself. If not, the build will work just fine with a few points less block.

Edit, forgot to mention Anvil is an option.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 5, 2016, 2:43:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info