[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Cinthe wrote:
I mean didn't you already have 75/75 block before?

Yes before the block nerf about a year ago I was using Rathpith Globe and Anvil to get that. Not since. Not that 14% less spell block made any noticeable difference. It can't hurt to max it back up again though and we can do it with a better shield now in 2.2 (lioneye's). One small problem with Scion is that she won't have enough INT to equip doryani's without sacrificing something to get it. She also takes three points to get 18 resists whereas you can get 15 resists for one point at Mara. Finally, the block points there are the weakest on the tree, Command of Steel is much better for the three points as you get 110% defenses from equipped shield, that's a lot of armour with Lioneye's. I know the Scion hype train is at full speed today but Inquisitor is going to be a lot more damage than anything a Scion can get with my build. Scion will work, just not optimal. I'll probably make some new videos after 2.2 comes out to prove it. If anyone can beat my clear times in the new videos with same gear and similar tree but without Inquisitor, only difference being start class and ascendancy class, I'd be impressed. By all means have fun with whatever it is you like though.
This Scion is my 82 Lazy Pally that's chilling in standard.

The difference in the tree's at the moment is about 4 skill points and once 2.2 drops, the sub class. Now I'm not challenging you that the Scion will be a better choice, but if her sub nodes stay the same, she'll have the int she needs for Doryani's (I'd take a Templar sub and a Duelist sub). The difference at the end would be 2 skill points and the raw power from Inquisitor vs the partial subs of Scion.

Hi again, Sovyn and everyone else!

Glad to see this thread is still alive and moving forward!

Now, I am gonna post some fail math because I am not sure if this is true/correct.

From the tree posted by Sovyn for 2.2, you take 29% block chance. And with Lioneye's Remorse it's only 30% block chance. So with 59%, where do we get the remaining 16%?
I know early developments in 2.0 was using some 1% block jewels. Has that changed? Do we still need them?

I am asking because I am finding it very hard to max block without some optimal gear or legacy Bringer of Rain.

Even my toon that I was talking about in this thread many months ago, I had to use Rumi's and Lazwhar to achieve max block.

Also, since Sovyn brought it up, would this build be better off using Bringer of Rain over a chest piece?

Any help is appreciated! I am looking to try this as my first Ascendancy toon :D

P.S. Do we take Righteous Providence, Inevitable Judgment, and Augury of Penitence in Inquisitor?
Last edited by andrew8448 on Feb 27, 2016, 3:35:27 AM
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Hi again, Sovyn and everyone else!

Glad to see this thread is still alive and moving forward!

Now, I am gonna post some fail math because I am not sure if this is true/correct.

From the tree posted by Sovyn for 2.2, you take 29% block chance. And with Lioneye's Remorse it's only 30% block chance. So with 59%, where do we get the remaining 16%?
I know early developments in 2.0 was using some 1% block jewels. Has that changed? Do we still need them?

I am asking because I am finding it very hard to max block without some optimal gear or legacy Bringer of Rain.

Even my toon that I was talking about in this thread many months ago, I had to use Rumi's and Lazwhar to achieve max block.

Also, since Sovyn brought it up, would this build be better off using Bringer of Rain over a chest piece?

Any help is appreciated! I am looking to try this as my first Ascendancy toon :D

P.S. Do we take Righteous Providence, Inevitable Judgment, and Augury of Penitence in Inquisitor?

Hi Andrew,

block sources
shield 30
amulet 2 (or gloves 1 would work)
unique jewel 2
other jewels 2
Tempest 3
BoR 6

total 45

The new tree has 31. You may have missed Weapon Artistry.

I'll have 75 block / 75 spell block assuming the tree is same on release.

As mentioned in the guide I encourage use of BoR now. I'm wearing it. No legacy needed, I paid 5 chaos for it. The cheapest one you can get is just fine. It's usually cheaper than the decent chests now and the DPS is good with the new tree.

See the guide for Inquisitor info.
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 27, 2016, 11:22:32 AM
How do you achieve the 97k tooltip ?

I'm lv 86 and with about the same gear and passive tree, but can't match the dps :)

Last edited by bl00dbliz on Feb 27, 2016, 4:52:56 PM
"
bl00dbliz wrote:
How do you achieve the 97k tooltip ?

I'm lv 86 and with about the same gear and passive tree, but can't match the dps :)

The big one is probably that I take good DPS nodes at high level, I have 9 more points. You could shortchange some of the defenses and take them earlier if you like. Second big thing is that you probably are not looking at your DPS when you have your dps flask going and all charges up. Third, lots of room for small improvements in your gear, e.g., attack speed on gloves, better phys roll and accuracy on ring (no need for mana leech there), your Doryani's is not too good. Lastly, your gems need more experience. Keep at it, you'll get there.
Sovyn: Hey, in your listed setup for the attack gem, do you use Static Strike-Multistrike-Added Fire-Fortify in your Bringer of Rain?
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Sovyn: Hey, in your listed setup for the attack gem, do you use Static Strike-Multistrike-Added Fire-Fortify in your Bringer of Rain?

No, Weapon Elemental Damage instead of Fortify. See my current gear section for details.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
andrew8448 wrote:

No, Weapon Elemental Damage instead of Fortify. See my current gear section for details.

Thank you kindly for prompt reply!
I failed and looked at the first listed BoR. Just saw your gear. Cleared everything up. Thank you again. Enjoying this build again after a year of hiatus!
Thank you for update the guide all time!!

I follow the guide since the Beta, i played your templar in diferents leages and i thinkind to do another one in the new leage but i had a doubt, maybe can do the same build with a duelist ant take the new Gladiator bonus:

+30% of block chance applied to spells
+3% addicional block chance
+15 chance to cause bleeding on hit with attacks
+30% increased damaged if you have killed a bleeding enemy recently

I think this can be more defensive than a templar with inquisitor because you can take 100% of block chance applied to spell. What do you think?

I think it would not be easy to get a Doryani´s Catalist for me in a new leage, and i can play with Resolute Technique and without critical strike chance nodes.

Any help is appreciated!

PD: Sorry for my english
Last edited by ikitt on Feb 29, 2016, 8:57:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info