[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Are you using multi strike ? I find that it gives much better attack speed than.. Attack speed
"
Obsideo666 wrote:
Im still using a Faster Attacks gem instead of increased Fire Dmg.... My attack speed just isnt high enough without it. Do you think this is holding me back?

Added fire is a bit better than faster attacks but it is not a huge difference. As the above poster mentioned, multistrike is absolutely required. Static is not very good without it.
First of all i would like to congratulate you on your guide, it is very well written and its simple to understand.
I was leveling a templar that turned out to be quite similar in playstyle to your build (the only big difference is endurance charges nodes on passive skill tree), and when the next patch comes up i might respec entirely to your skill tree.

I can say im extremely tanky, but i feel my damage is a bit lackluster (just hit 70 today, i got 11k dps, 62% dmg reduction from armor, capped resists except chaos, 6 max endurance charges, 2.9k HP).
Right now im using Static Strike/WildStrike + Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage.

These are my items atm:

Spoiler

Any advice on how to hit harder? Unless i change anything, when i get to lvl 80 my dps will be around 15-20k i think (probably not enough currency to get best-in-slot main hand).

Im thinking about dropping Resolute Technique and going for a Romira's but its a bit expensive and i dont have a lot of currency yet. Blood Rage is not an option due to Aegis.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by MaxiBest on Feb 14, 2016, 8:07:03 PM
"
MaxiBest wrote:
Any advice on how to hit harder?

MaxiBest, there are some inexpensive things you can do.

Ideally you can afford the 30 chaos for a 300 pdps Doryani's Catalyst which is always the biggest upgrade at level 75.

Secondly something you can do right away, get one of those 1 chaos white 5-link chest armours (armour/es if you want but plain armour works too) on poe.trade and then alchemy and roll it with chaos until you get a life roll 80+. Usually it takes me 3-4 chaos to make one of these 5-link chests. If you don't have a few chaos laying around you can always save and turn in a few un-indentfied gear sets using the vendor recipe. Look at the vendor recipies on the wiki if you haven't found that yet.

After you have the chest made, put Static Strike - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage - Added Fire Damage on it. If you want to stick with wild strike, I can tell you that melee physical damage support is much better than faster attacks for starters. I'd try weapon elemental damage instead of added fire damage. At the same gem level WED is probably better, especially with hatred.

Physical damage on the rings would be much better than the elemental. Generally conversion skills like static and probably wild strike also benefit far more from physical bonuses vs. elemental both on the tree and the gear. You can easily craft elemental 20+ on the belt with Tora though for a small boost there since you can't add physical to the belt.
Hi all, hi Sovyn,

I'm starting the game and trying to understand the mechanics of as many things I can. No easy but damn great game :)

So I choose your build "lazy pally" ; I just wanted to be sure your OP is still valid and still works great, I'm starting with it.

I don't want something too complicated as I'm learning the game, however want something cool and fun to play.

You made a great post and I try to understand how it works.

Thanks again Sovyn.

This build is very up-to-date and if you follow along with it you'll be absolutely fine for each difficulty. Pay particular attention to the gear suggestions; it seems like alot of people overlook how important the shield and weapon rolls are.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Hi Khavali,

Thanks a lot for your reply it's great to keeping it up to date after a few years :) Thanks Sovyn too !
"
gbkisses wrote:
Thanks again Sovyn.

You're welcome! Let us know if you have any questions.
Have you tried this build with Corrupted Energy, Aegis Aurora, Incandescent Heart, and capped chaos res?
"
Zalkarmus wrote:
Have you tried this build with Corrupted Energy, Aegis Aurora, Incandescent Heart, and capped chaos res?

Interesting mechanic. Not sure it would be worth it for what appears to be a minor defense. It might completely gut the other defensive mechanics and DPS the build offers as well as being expensive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info