[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
xjlxmchammer wrote:
Yeah I'll look into increasing that resist because that is definitely the problem

Also, is this build able to do uber at any point ?
Im folloing the OP's build as closely as i can and im having the same issues with dying. Any random mob can almost instantly kill me, bonespire kills me everytime even with full life flasks ready to go. My resistances are maxed, except chaos, but i do have a Atziri flask to use when needed. Im not having any DPS issues, just low life and very very squishy. Even with 50% block which is attainable, i still fold over and die to many many mobs... Trying to make it to level 75 for Doryani's Catalyst... but at this rate its never gonna happen.
Last edited by Obsideo666 on Feb 12, 2016, 5:21:41 PM
Guide change log for today:

"
02-12-2016 -- Added Ascendancy Class information

Added info about the Inquisitor -- other ascendancy classes are outside the scope of this guide. Inquisitor is overall the best anyway.
"
Obsideo666 wrote:
Im folloing the OP's build as closely as i can and im having the same issues with dying. Any random mob can almost instantly kill me, bonespire kills me everytime even with full life flasks ready to go. My resistances are maxed, except chaos, but i do have a Atziri flask to use when needed. Im not having any DPS issues, just low life and very very squishy. Even with 50% block which is attainable, i still fold over and die to many many mobs... Trying to make it to level 75 for Doryani's Catalyst... but at this rate its never gonna happen.

I assure you this build is a lot less squishy than 90% of builds out there. Bonespire kills everyone. It's a physical degen, bypasses armour and can't be staunched. Just overtuned. Perhaps if you posted your current gear I could offer some pointers. I can tell you that 50% block is very low. I would also guess you don't have good life rolls on all your gear that can have it which is a requirement for any life build.
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 12, 2016, 7:11:30 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Obsideo666 wrote:

I assure you this build is a lot less squishy than 90% of builds out there. Bonespire kills everyone. It's a physical degen, bypasses armour and can't be staunched. Just overtuned. Perhaps if you posted your current gear I could offer some pointers. I can tell you that 50% block is very low. I would also guess you don't have good life rolls on all your gear that can have it which is a requirement for any life build.
Thanks for the new update! Ill def be trying this build again. heres a link to my current gear https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Obsideo666
"
Obsideo666 wrote:
Thanks for the new update! Ill def be trying this build again. heres a link to my current gear https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Obsideo666

Well friend I see your weapon is 176 pdps which would not be hard to replace with 250 pdps for cheap (1-3 chaos), faster you kill monsters the better chance of surviving. I see you are using Abyssus, you can't use that without a lightning coil and purity of lightning to offset the additional physical damage you take. You'd be much better off for now with a cheap rare armour helmet with 80 life on it. You probably found something like that yourself. That's probably your problem. Also 23% block on your shield is unacceptable, you need a lioneye's remorse, costs only like 1 chaos. Super cheap. Wouldn't be hard to get something with 70 life instead of the rage knot ring. So, yes, just some basic gearing problems as I thought. Any other questions just let me know.
Hey op

With ascendancy coming, have you thought of updating your build? It seems this built will get a huge boost by switching to duelist considering that the class gets 100% block applied to spells. Essentially, it pretty much let's you get a much better Amy and boots. Or do you think getting the guardian will be better ?
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:
With ascendancy coming, have you thought of updating your build? It seems this built will get a huge boost by switching to duelist considering that the class gets 100% block applied to spells. Essentially, it pretty much let's you get a much better Amy and boots. Or do you think getting the guardian will be better ?

Added info about Inquisitor to the guide yesterday. I'd take that huge damage boost over 14 spell block any day. It's the best Ascendancy class for us. I know the spell block thing keeps coming up but I think it's a short sighted argument.
Im looking for some tank build and I wonder is Energised Armour jewel bad for this build? Im surprised noone is using this.
"
Asag wrote:
Im looking for some tank build and I wonder is Energised Armour jewel bad for this build? Im surprised noone is using this.

Pretty bad... I'd have to go out of my way to spend a lot of skill points to make that jewel work. Lots of good stuff lost to get it. Armour is fine but we have some, over 10K. To get more benefit from armour you have to have a LOT more, like 50K+. This jewel wouldn't come close to that kind of boost. Physical stuff doesn't kill me anyway aside from the obvious boss skills that are intended to make the player manually avoid them.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Obsideo666 wrote:

Well friend I see your weapon is 176 pdps which would not be hard to replace with 250 pdps for cheap (1-3 chaos), faster you kill monsters the better chance of surviving. I see you are using Abyssus, you can't use that without a lightning coil and purity of lightning to offset the additional physical damage you take. You'd be much better off for now with a cheap rare armour helmet with 80 life on it. You probably found something like that yourself. That's probably your problem. Also 23% block on your shield is unacceptable, you need a lioneye's remorse, costs only like 1 chaos. Super cheap. Wouldn't be hard to get something with 70 life instead of the rage knot ring. So, yes, just some basic gearing problems as I thought. Any other questions just let me know.
Ok i made the changes you suggested, and i finally reached lvl75 so im using Doryani's catalyst now. Only getting around 23k dmg though. But everything seems to be much much better. Im still using a Faster Attacks gem instead of increased Fire Dmg.... My attack speed just isnt high enough without it. Do you think this is holding me back?

And thanks for being super righteous and replying to all these people, and updating your awesome build. It's greatly appreciated! I hope to see some more builds from you in the future :)
Last edited by Obsideo666 on Feb 13, 2016, 9:55:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info