[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Mynio wrote:
Sovy, quick question. How does Your build deals with ele/phy reflection? Do You skip those maps?

Re-edit.

Could You upload new videos featuring this build please?

I kill all kinds of reflect without worry. I might have to flask a little but I don't dip low. Basically I just block almost all of the reflected hits.

The Act 4 videos are relatively current.
"
sligh16 wrote:
"
Khavali wrote:
New Reckless Defense jewel is going to be a great boost.

Can't wait to try 4 of them, the drawback doesn't really look that bad.

Maybe, for me the DPS and resists I get from jewels may be hard to replace but I'll think about it. After all, I don't want to go nuts for an extra 14% spell block. Depends on the rarity and price these end up going for too. 1ex each would be too much for a lot of people for example. I want the build to be affordable. Although it's not actually very good maybe the Unyielding node would be a good idea along with those jewels.
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:
Hello, I'm doing this build and I've hit a road block

I pretty much have the same items as you but I bought a Belly Of the Beast armor with 6S and 5L. Four of the sockets that are linked are RED and the other one is green. I must have spent over 250 Chromatic Orbs trying to make all the 5 sockets that are linked into Red sockets with no luck

So until I can get some more chromatic orbs to give it another go, I have to stick with the 4Red and 1Green linked armor. What gems would you use?
I put
faster attack, weapon elemental, Static Strike, added fire damage, and Melee Physical
Is that good or should I do the
Added Cold dmg, weapon element, static strike, multistrike and melee physical damage?

According to the calculator, it only costs an average of 15 chromes to get 5 red 1 green but the sixth socket is the problem it would have to land on green on that socket. So I would guess with a six socket that 15 x 6, 90 chromes would do it on average. A 5 socket would be easier, average 43 chromes to get 5 red.

That said a 4 red 1 green is fine, faster attacks is just a little less damage than the red options. The best static combo for that is: Static Strike - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage - Faster Attacks
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:
Hello, I'm doing this build and I've hit a road block

I pretty much have the same items as you but I bought a Belly Of the Beast armor with 6S and 5L. Four of the sockets that are linked are RED and the other one is green. I must have spent over 250 Chromatic Orbs trying to make all the 5 sockets that are linked into Red sockets with no luck

So until I can get some more chromatic orbs to give it another go, I have to stick with the 4Red and 1Green linked armor. What gems would you use?
I put
faster attack, weapon elemental, Static Strike, added fire damage, and Melee Physical
Is that good or should I do the
Added Cold dmg, weapon element, static strike, multistrike and melee physical damage?

According to the calculator, it only costs an average of 15 chromes to get 5 red 1 green but the sixth socket is the problem it would have to land on green on that socket. So I would guess with a six socket that 15 x 6, 90 chromes would do it on average. A 5 socket would be easier, average 43 chromes to get 5 red.

That said a 4 red 1 green is fine, faster attacks is just a little less damage than the red options. The best static combo for that is: Static Strike - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage - Faster Attacks

Yeah, that's what I assumed about the armor. But at this point, the armor cost me just way too much I might as well finish this. Like I said, i used over 200 Chromatic Orb and I never got the 5 red socket. I will try again in the future or get another armor, maybe lighting coil

and what's your opinion on the belly of the beast vs the lighting coil?
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:
and what's your opinion on the belly of the beast vs the lighting coil?

Belly for more life, coil for more dps (abyssus, purity of lightning). Personal choice. I don't die more or less with either one so I went for dps.
Hey op!
Okay, so I got my Templar to lvl 75 to the point that I can wear all the items you suggested. I just started this game so I was looking for a character that seemed strong but cheap, yet a melee. Your build seemed to have fit the bill

Anyways, I'm using steam so I can't post with my main account and I can't link the items. With a belly of the beast instead of lighting coil, I'm doing roughly 12k damage, I can push it to 14k damage if I use that flask. I can't seem to reach even half the damage that pic show that's 50k. Clearly, like you said, that number is the peak dps and my lack of 6 socket set up affects that. Yet, I'd imagine I could reach 20k at the very least because there are clearly bosses that in high tier maps who have hp that's just too big. I feel like I'm wacking the boss for 20+ minutes. Since I technically finished the items does the damage increase greatly in the next 10 levels or so?

Also, I'm wearing the Amulet that gives 50% spell block and boots that grant 20%, but the defense page says 46% spell block. I find that it's the spells that really kill me. What do you think causes the 46% spell block?
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:
Hey op!
Okay, so I got my Templar to lvl 75 to the point that I can wear all the items you suggested. I just started this game so I was looking for a character that seemed strong but cheap, yet a melee. Your build seemed to have fit the bill

Anyways, I'm using steam so I can't post with my main account and I can't link the items. With a belly of the beast instead of lighting coil, I'm doing roughly 12k damage, I can push it to 14k damage if I use that flask. I can't seem to reach even half the damage that pic show that's 50k. Clearly, like you said, that number is the peak dps and my lack of 6 socket set up affects that. Yet, I'd imagine I could reach 20k at the very least because there are clearly bosses that in high tier maps who have hp that's just too big. I feel like I'm wacking the boss for 20+ minutes. Since I technically finished the items does the damage increase greatly in the next 10 levels or so?

Also, I'm wearing the Amulet that gives 50% spell block and boots that grant 20%, but the defense page says 46% spell block. I find that it's the spells that really kill me. What do you think causes the 46% spell block?

Hi mchammer,

Let me see if I can answer some of your questions.

First, 14K tooltip is pretty good for level 75. This game has kind of an exponential curve in terms of power and experience required. You won't need to worry about high maps at level 75, not happening. Also, don't forget that static strike has a delayed explosion after each hit which means you are doing quite a bit more damage than the tooltip indicates. Soloing, you will kill monsters just fine and in a timely manner. In groups, well, you won't, but that's what groups are for, they should be helping you out.

You always have the option of taking all of the damage nodes that I get into at level 90 earlier if you like. They make quite a difference. As does good damage gear, basic stuff like flat physical damage on rings and gloves, attack speed where you can (again, rings and gloves can have that). Leveling your support gems all the way and getting them to 20 quality then back up to level 20. Takes some patience.

You don't need a 6-link chest to do a lot more damage, my chest is only a 5-link and I'm peaking around 160K DPS. Belly is not a DPS option though. It's just a defensive one. Find a balance of DPS and defenses that works for you. I have a full menu of choices in the guide. The default is to set up the full framework of defenses and then branch into some more damage as the final touch. That works for most people.

As for spell block, half of 75% is 38% rounded up. 20% of 75% is 15%. So it should be 53% spell block with the gear you mentioned. Make sure your resists are capped at 75/all in merciless, that's a basic for any character in PoE. You can hit your Atziri's Promise flask if you start taking chaos damage and just kill the offender.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
@mchammer

As Sovyn stated, leveling your gems and then getting quality and re-leveling the ones that benefit from it makes a substantial difference. At level 81 for example, when my SS and support gems leveled to 19 I gained around 1400 dps (up to 25,450 from 24,050) combined just from the level up, and my SS is the only one currently with quality (11%) because I happened to find it. Keep in mind this was with zero change in any of my gear. I've used the same exact setup, with the exception of my boots, since 75.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Okay so I don't have much time to play on weekends but I can go online as long as I want. So I logged in for 30 min today and embarrassingly I did not have the same helmet as you. Furthermore, I only now noticed that my set up lacks a ice golem

I was able to get the helmet relatively cheap and putting it on boosted the damage to 19k. With the flasks I gain another 2.5 and I'm hitting 21k dmg which is much better. But I'm still finding it weird that spells hurt so much. I don't have good gloves that grant resist yet so that may be it. I'll try to improve on the gloves this week
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:
But I'm still finding it weird that spells hurt so much.

On your character sheet defense tab you should have 75 to fire lightning and cold resists in merciless. If not, that's your problem right there. Some maps have elemental weakness curse or lower maximum resists as a modifier, that would hurt if you are not careful as resists are usually in the 40s or 50s. I can do those maps no problem if I avoid certain things, like "volatile" rare monsters and certain unique bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info