[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
BigBun wrote:
Hi Sovyn and people, any comments on the new ascendency classes?

Seems like duelist has the blocks and fortify and what-not. I hope the templar classes have defensive nodes (the revealed templar one has notable damage penetrations and lots of elemnental damage).

We will have to wait and see the final skill trees for all 19 Ascendancy classes before deciding if the Templar is worse off or not. I think it's very likely that one of the three Templar Ascendancy trees will be just fine for the lazy pally. If all we get is a nice DPS boost, great, the build already has all the defenses we need.

While Versatile Combatant in the Gladiator Ascendancy tree is nice (100% of Block Chance Applied to Spells) we can get pretty close to that already. I think it's likely that will be toned down before release anyway.
If I were to venture a guess, I would say that any of the sub-classes would work. They are probably either going to augment the strong points of the build or help shore up weaker points of it.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Scion's sub-class looks since my "Lazy Pally" is a scion.

In other news, when the temp league rolls over, she'll have a new ammy. Found The Anvil last night. Whoo hoo!
"
Cinthe wrote:
In other news, when the temp league rolls over, she'll have a new ammy. Found The Anvil last night. Whoo hoo!

Great! Always nice to find something useful :)
Thanks for the detailed build! Really appreciate it!
"
LilChenChen wrote:
Thanks for the detailed build! Really appreciate it!

Welcome, LilChenChen! If you have any questions just let us know.
Anybody having an issue with the skill tree properly displaying? I was looking at the lv60 skill tree and then opened up the current skill tree (lv95) and they were identical, graphically, but the skill points allocated reflected the proper amount.

I tried using chrome, firefox, and ie to view the skill tree. I also cleared my cache and cookies.

Help?
"
jerlikescats wrote:
Anybody having an issue with the skill tree properly displaying? I was looking at the lv60 skill tree and then opened up the current skill tree (lv95) and they were identical, graphically, but the skill points allocated reflected the proper amount.

I tried using chrome, firefox, and ie to view the skill tree. I also cleared my cache and cookies.

Help?

Well my friend, the level 60 skill tree is very similar to the level 95 skill tree. All of the major paths are similar. Basically I just take some additional nodes along the path already established. So it *could* look like they are the same at a glance. Just a thought, maybe you do actually have a technical issue I don't know about.
Hi everyone,

have you seen the recent prices of lapis amulet 4% chance to block? I'll never have that kind of currency. Maybe I could buy +2 or +3 if lucky. I was thinking (I haven't gone trough all the pages so correct me if I'm repeating something you already discussed) What about +2 chance to block in gloves (yes there is a chance I'll get +1 and that's only thing that worries me) then I would need 4 jewels with block chance but I could use lapis with +1 additional curse/ frenzy charge(if lucky frenzy charge solution would cost 2 ex all together at maximum..if lucky. Is it worth it? Also considering new patch comming up. Thanks

P.S. Love the build more and more. Currently lvl 90 in standard and the the clear speed is just fun)
Hi, thanks for the welcome.

I ended up playing hardcore even though you wrote about not playing hardcore as your first character. First, I like your focus on tankiness and ease to play, because I can't rely on myself playing skillfully or even paying attention at all 100% of the time, so I don't want a build that relies on skills to dodge death.

Here is my current idea of how I would tweak your build to have include more survivability in the long run on hardcore. The idea is eventually I will run into an unusual situation like a monster with otherworldy + powerful crit + fury doing 4 critical hits in a row, and I want to tweak the build to have a higher chance of surviving that. Keep in mind that I'm still a new player so any advice is welcome.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUBAO4EswUtBjkJMwthDPcOPBQgFHEU9hUgGbQaPhuXITQlvCpNLOktgy_MMZ4yTjWSOuE7OzwFPC09Dz8nQKBBP0d-SshPBFBHUWBR5lWpXz9i7GVNZ5to8moBbqpyqXTtdqx3U3k5eu982X7iggeDX4PMhNmE74Y7hrOK5IzPkc6Uh5Zsl7Sb7J7FogCmV6mVrK-tja4-r2yvp7QvtfK2irc-u-29Nr6nwGbAv8GCxPbGrs9-0TbYvdl82sHbT9-y37_gw-Is5FHp1eoY7w7vfPAf8i_yQfJF8wb2SPcy-Ov7qv4K

Edit: made some passive skill changes
Last edited by LilChenChen on Nov 26, 2015, 9:04:41 AM
I love this build! I'm level 80 and I feel like my damage is not nearly high enough so any advice would be great!

My skill tree Passive skill tree build

My current gear https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Memnokkh/characters
Last edited by Memnokkh on Nov 26, 2015, 2:59:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info