[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Started PoE back up in 2.0 and figured I'd give your build a shot, so far I'm loving it. I've gotten pretty far into the end game, but I'm trying to squeeze a bit more DPS out of the build as I basically never die on 77-78 maps and want to kill things faster. Any tips on how to improve my DPS would be awesome.

The only thing I can think of now is quality on my gems.
Last edited by acyroma on Sep 2, 2015, 9:25:37 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kiritsu wrote:
few more thing, would Aegis Aurora, Rumi's Concoction be viable?

Aegis works fine. No life on it, but it's still probably the best shield for trash clearing, basically no healing required.

Rumi's is kind of expensive for just 10-15 spell block and a pain to keep having to use it. Optional.

I see, have you tried Uber azitri so far? I have Rumi but not sure if I wanna put it in my flask set up.
Trashing clearing as in easy mobs?
"
Pascoflyer wrote:
This is my gear, and thanks for the forum tip! I always wondered how people did that!

Well Pasco as Andrew said you only have a 123 pdps weapon. A 300 pdps weapon should be very affordable for most people. Also you are using only a 3-link for your attack skill. See the guide for proper support gems. Kaom's sign should be replaced with physical damage + life ring. That helm and gloves would be a snap to upgrade to something with life on it. To be honest with this gear the fact you can progress at all is quite amazing.
I'm doing something very similar and I'm wondering if it's better to invest into mace nodes or go crit...

the mace path (summary):

- Resolute technique
- Hits that Stun Enemies have Culling Strike
40 % increased Stun Duration on Enemies
10 % reduced Enemy Stun Threshold with Maces
4 % increased Radius of Area Skills
150 % increased Physical Damage
24 % increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
16 % increased Attack Speed
25 % increased Defences from equipped Shield

the crit path (summary):

210 % increased Critical Strike Chance
55 % increased Critical Strike Multiplier
44 % increased Accuracy Rating
4 % increased Attack Speed
25 % increased Elemental Damage
26 % increased Physical Damage

(5% crit chance base, 40% accuracy and around 150% dexterity without the above)

I'm leaning towards the mace node option, but I'm not sure what works better in practice - any recommendations?
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Pascoflyer wrote:
This is my gear, and thanks for the forum tip! I always wondered how people did that!

Well Pasco as Andrew said you only have a 123 pdps weapon. A 300 pdps weapon should be very affordable for most people. Also you are using only a 3-link for your attack skill. See the guide for proper support gems. Kaom's sign should be replaced with physical damage + life ring. That helm and gloves would be a snap to upgrade to something with life on it. To be honest with this gear the fact you can progress at all is quite amazing.

Lol Ok thanks! Yea I still am not having any issues with progressing, just dps a little slow, I'm in act 3 cruel. I'll testament that to your build! I think I've been holding onto my four-link helm and gloves too long it seems I'll see what I can find. Thanks!
"
acyroma wrote:
Started PoE back up in 2.0 and figured I'd give your build a shot, so far I'm loving it. I've gotten pretty far into the end game, but I'm trying to squeeze a bit more DPS out of the build as I basically never die on 77-78 maps and want to kill things faster. Any tips on how to improve my DPS would be awesome.

acyroma, glad you are loving the build. For dps you can roll a little better elemental damage on your belt, this is a minor thing. Quality your Atziri's Promise for more uptime. Switch curse to elemental weakness. Quality on multi and WED and MPD supports as you mentioned. Quality on herald of ash (minor). Quality on blood rage. Integrate an Abyssus if you are really desperate.
"
Kiritsu wrote:
Trashing clearing as in easy mobs?

Yes. Aegis makes that pretty much god-mode. Against one-shot hits not so much.
"
piotras wrote:
I'm leaning towards the mace node option, but I'm not sure what works better in practice - any recommendations?

Don't forget status ailments with the crit option. Ordinary non-crit damage nodes are good but it will be hard to beat Galvanic Hammer on a crit build. The upper route there gives me 7500 dps for 5 points. Something else to consider, Strong Arm is probably better than most mace nodes.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Don't forget status ailments with the crit option. Ordinary non-crit damage nodes are good but it will be hard to beat Galvanic Hammer on a crit build. The upper route there gives me 7500 dps for 5 points. Something else to consider, Strong Arm is probably better than most mace nodes.

Very good points. The major difference with me however is that I'm 'self found by necessity not by choice' (aka poor as fuck) so I can't count on extra critical chance from gear like you've got (and you've got 50%+ and a potential temporaty 150% from romira's ring). So I'm wondering if my 200% crit chance or so will cut it. We're talking 15% chance to crit with only 200% damage multiplier, which equals to roughly 3 crit per 20 attacks, which is on average like 15% of base damage extra (before reductions from accuracy penalties!) + status alignments if I take the crit route compared to mace route which will give me a guaranteed 150% extra damage (assuming the same base damage before the 12% extra speed) without status effects of course...

Looks like the budget option here is to ditch crit? I would love to hear that I've got my calculations wrong but that's how it looks to me atm.
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Last edited by piotras on Sep 6, 2015, 1:07:13 PM
"
piotras wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

Very good points. The major difference with me however is that I'm 'self found by necessity not by choice' (aka poor as fuck) so I can't count on extra critical chance from gear like you've got (and you've got 50%+ and a potential temporaty 150% from romira's ring). So I'm wondering if my 200% crit chance or so will cut it. We're talking 15% chance to crit with only 200% damage multiplier, which equals to roughly 3 crit per 20 attacks, which is on average like 15% of base damage extra (before reductions from accuracy penalties!) + status alignments if I take the crit route compared to mace route which will give me a guaranteed 150% extra damage (assuming the same base damage before the 12% extra speed) without status effects of course...

Looks like the budget option here is to ditch crit? I would love to hear that I've got my calculations wrong but that's how it looks to me atm.

I can't imagine you are that poor if you are level 87+ which is when the build transitions to crit. Before then I use RT and some of the standout damage nodes (not mace nodes except for Blunt Instrument which I do take later on in the RT cycle).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info