[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Ok, finally satisfied with my gear... What should I upgrade next thou... I'm thinking of using EX on my helm but what could I get that's wroth it... Also my gloves are rather poor but can't get rid of those 30% chaos res cuz it's so sweet being above 0.

Could you be a pal and evaluate it for me :)

Since all the suffixes are taken in the helm, you can only get one of the following if you yolo exalt: +to armour, increased armour/stun recovery, to level of minion gems and increased rarity -- so not really worth it IMO.

As for gear upgrades, you could go for a rustic sash with high life, armour and chaos resists. Which in turn would allow you to upgrade your gloves with a pair with higher life, attack speed and physical damage, and even some chaos res to make your overall chaos res higher.

If and when you get a new pair of gloves, there's the option of yolo vaaling the old pair and hoping to strike gold with a curse with elemental weakness on hit corruption.
I had Glorious Plate

Quality + 20%
Armor 2008
option +40 to Strength
+244 to Armor
132% Increased Armor
+41% to Fire Resistance
+34% to Cold Resistance
14% Increased Stun Recovery

Belly of the Beast Armor Still better than this ?

Please help me to make a decision.

"
Dumah2123 wrote:
Ok, finally satisfied with my gear... What should I upgrade next thou...

Agreed with Quixote77, gloves and belt need upgrading. Might be a long term goal but it needs doing. Belt with an open prefix for master crafted WED of course. Not huge but if you want close to the best you need that open prefix. You can figure it out for any given belt here. You are in pretty good shape though.
"
klodpeng wrote:
I had Glorious Plate

Quality + 20%
Armor 2008
option +40 to Strength
+244 to Armor
132% Increased Armor
+41% to Fire Resistance
+34% to Cold Resistance
14% Increased Stun Recovery

Belly of the Beast Armor Still better than this ?

Please help me to make a decision.

Hi klodpeng :)

Belly is better because yours does not have any life on it (aside from the minor str bonus). Your shield slot will be the bigger armor source anyway.
just too lazy to go through the 400 pages, and a quick question: how to deal with elemental reflection?
"
SaoDiSeng wrote:
just too lazy to go through the 400 pages, and a quick question: how to deal with elemental reflection?

Generally a complete non-issue due to blocking most of the returned damage.
I've ended up with something similar but on a budget.

In case you're struggling with getting the needed items for this build I would advise a few cheaper substitutes and different link arrangement before you transition to Sovyn's set up. This also assumes you're not as super tanky as you would if you had the currency for gear.

For main weapon:

Costs an alch-chaos in warbands depending on the roll and is an entry level 250+ physical mace that will be good enough to start mapping. The added benefit is that it chills upon a stun which will add another layer of protection.

As you can see I'm using Shield Charge for two things - applying fortify buff and I'm using melee phys instead of faster attacks, SC is already a fast movement skill and the more damage increases stun duration, which in turn increases the chill from cra(p)b mace. You can stun/chill map and act bosses which makes it much easier to mow down the hard hitters. Endurance charge on melee stun is also a good option, but I'm not using it because I went for this:

(btw. if you can't afford this shield yet I would recommend this for leveling)

Riposte is best suited for generating endurance charges out of the trigger gems because of strongest single-target damage. Putting vengeance into the mix will work fine as well, although personally I think it's a waste of good trigger and a 4-link that could be used elsewhere, since riposte will do fine by its own.

Instead, I've put vengeance with tempest shield here with rarity and culling to increase my RNG in situations where you wouldn't bother taking out your alternate boss culling gear (since I'm on a budget and I'm using the stone of lazhwar as my ammy, my options for IIR are rather bad and every little helps).

The annoying thing is that you actually need to cast TS yourself, but on the bright side a fully upgraded TS with bonus damage from culling and curses and finishing enemies at or below 10% life with extra IIR is indeed very handy when your build isn't yet optimised!

Speaking of alternate culling set up I went for a generic 1-hander and this:

Which is great since (if you've put your TS and auras outside of your hands) it will allow for quick gear changes while keeping that block chance high and without deactivating your IIR/culling triggers like vengeance and TS.

The 25% extra block chance applied to spells is amazing on the rainbowstride but perosnally I doubt I will able to afford this any time soon, so I ended up getting this:

Windscream are not cheap, but nowhere near as bad as rainbowstride (right now cheapest are at 0.8 exalt if set to buyout and online, while windscream only 5 chaos). So, instead of 20-25% block applied to spells you get an extra curse (in my case its enfeeble) which one could argue is equally good defensive boost.

The good thing about windscream is that it is an armour base item (compared to rainbowstride), which fits in well with your armour-centric defenses).

Not much can be done when it comes to chest, belts and rings. The more currency you've got the better they get, right now I need to stick to what I've got which is this:

Hope that helps some of you poor folks out there. The build can be still enjoyable even if you don't have the currency to make it shine!

IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
That's a great post, piotras. I used to do a shield charge + endurance charge on stun combo as well. Loved the feel of charging down enemies from afar.

Because Lioneye's Remorse and Windscream are relatively cheap, once you have some currency to spare, you can buy extra sets to vaal for useful corruptions. Like Sovyn got a +block to spells and Dumah2123 got a +1 to gems.
"
piotras wrote:

For main weapon:

Yeah, that's not too bad of a weapon for the cost. Sometimes you can find a slightly higher dps rare for around the same price (closer to 300 pdps). I've been historically slow to add "new" uniques to the guide and looks like this is no exception. Will have to remedy that....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info