[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
giorgos_jr wrote:
Sovyn perfect guide bro...keep up the good work!!!

This is my current gear(71lvl) right now but i think i am struggling a bit should i change something or keep going like this???

Hi giorgos :)

Stuggling how so? Looks like a good start to me.

I'd probably upgrade your pyre ring to one with life on it and master craft life on Bramble Knuckle (Elreon) and on the belt (Tora).
"
sockgr wrote:
boss i did the test... cost me 6 ex to buy 20/20 gems..AAAANNNDDDD its..
NOT WORTH IT.
static strike is like 10 times better!
naw i have to sell the gems back.xD

edit: ok boss... i have found our next top atacking skill...
WILD STRIKE
just bought from act 3 at 11 lvl and has the clearing speed
of statick strike 20/20

test it too plz. its cheap tell me your opinion plz
i have bought an 17% quality 8 lvl.
almost 40k tooltip dps(shows only the first hit)
with same links as static.

I checked out wild strike and it's 10K less than my usual static strike setup (not counting the explosions, just the tooltip in hideout).

I don't think levels or quality would make that much difference to close the gap.

Pretty hard to beat the skills recommended in the guide. :)

Always willing to experiment.

Edit, update, faster attacks instead of melee physical. The skill has mana problems on bosses in any case which pretty much kills it.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 28, 2015, 9:38:56 PM
ever thought of using a diamond crit ring? since you spec into crit or just not enough room for it?
"
ever thought of using a diamond crit ring? since you spec into crit or just not enough room for it?

I can't afford a perfect ring and stay within my self-imposed modest budget for this build but yes that would be better, I don't need the elemental resists on my ring so it's a waste.
If Fortify is being linked to the attack skill, there seem to be 2 flex slots overall for skill gems (one spare slot in each 3-socket item). If Fortify is being linked to movement and an extra damage support is linking to attack, then there is 1 flex slot. I'm currently linking Fortify to the attack skill, so I have two slots I could use for anything, and I was wondering what you'd recommend. I saw you mentioned Mana Leech as an option for the movement links, but I don't need that right now. Likewise on Blood Magic. I'm currently using a second movement skill linked to Faster Attacks in one of those slots, and I found an Enlighten gem and I'm currently linking that to my two auras, but it's still level 1, so it's not doing anything (although it might be modestly helpful when I get it to level 2). Is there a better way to use these slots? I could put some other aura in one of them that I want to use situationally. Or Herald of Thunder and cast it manually when I feel like it? I have all the 4-links and the 5-link set up exactly as recommended in the guide right now.
Last edited by Kamina100 on Jul 29, 2015, 1:16:27 AM
"
Kamina100 wrote:
If Fortify is being linked to the attack skill, there seem to be 2 flex slots overall for skill gems (one spare slot in each 3-socket item). If Fortify is being linked to movement and an extra damage support is linking to attack, then there is 1 flex slot. I'm currently linking Fortify to the attack skill, so I have two slots I could use for anything, and I was wondering what you'd recommend. I saw you mentioned Mana Leech as an option for the movement links, but I don't need that right now. Likewise on Blood Magic. I'm currently using a second movement skill linked to Faster Attacks in one of those slots, and I found an Enlighten gem and I'm currently linking that to my two auras, but it's still level 1, so it's not doing anything (although it might be modestly helpful when I get it to level 2). Is there a better way to use these slots? I could put some other aura in one of them that I want to use situationally. Or Herald of Thunder and cast it manually when I feel like it? I have all the 4-links and the 5-link set up exactly as recommended in the guide right now.

If you want to put something in a socket to manually cast probably Rallying Cry but I'm not bothering to put anything in my empty socket because I'm sticking to my passive mantra, if I put anything there it would be maybe a 1% improvement if that so I'm not worrying about it. Maybe both shield charge and leap slam could be useful for different movement situations. Charge for linear distance coverage and leap for fences. So that's two options.
Hello Master :P

I'm currently playing with Glacial Hammer since my best weapon is the Cameria's Maul ATM,
did you try it at high level ? (with melee splash)

I'm struggling a lot to find a better weapon, i hope it's soon >>"
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:

If you want to put something in a socket to manually cast probably Rallying Cry but I'm not bothering to put anything in my empty socket because I'm sticking to my passive mantra, if I put anything there it would be maybe a 1% improvement if that so I'm not worrying about it. Maybe both shield charge and leap slam could be useful for different movement situations. Charge for linear distance coverage and leap for fences. So that's two options.

I do like having the two movement options. Maybe I'll put Rallying Cry in the other free slot - I may not even use it, but I want stuff to seem complete. Thanks.
Just a tip for people using Doryani's Catalyst, if you place your herald of ash in your weapon the herald will gain lvl 20 elemental prolif but notice its mana cost will go from 25% to 33%
"
Karast wrote:
Hello Master :P

I'm currently playing with Glacial Hammer since my best weapon is the Cameria's Maul ATM,
did you try it at high level ? (with melee splash)

I'm struggling a lot to find a better weapon, i hope it's soon >>"

Glacial Hammer is not competitive at higher levels unfortunately. :) This is because there is no built-in AOE plus the damage is just sub-par. Hope you are leveling up at least static strike too. No harm in using GH for now and switching later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info