[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Hapseleg wrote:
Just a tip for people using Doryani's Catalyst, if you place your herald of ash in your weapon the herald will gain lvl 20 elemental prolif but notice its mana cost will go from 25% to 33%

35% just for the record. 25 * 1.4
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
ever thought of using a diamond crit ring? since you spec into crit or just not enough room for it?

I can't afford a perfect ring and stay within my self-imposed modest budget for this build but yes that would be better, I don't need the elemental resists on my ring so it's a waste.

Could I please get a gear check, and if you wanted to recommend a good crit ring what primary stats would you go for? Thanks!
"
Could I please get a gear check, and if you wanted to recommend a good crit ring what primary stats would you go for? Thanks!

I'd consider mana leech, life, chaos resist and physical damage to be the most important stats on a ring for us. Good rolls on those four alone are very rare and expensive since many builds need that same ring right now. On a diamond base it would probably be mirror service. If you don't need mana leech, maybe you have lots of mana leech and block jewels on the tree or mana leech gloves, that helps relieve some of the pressure on the ring.

Checking your gear, everything looks fine to me assuming you are not having mana problems on bosses. Poacher's Mark instead of elemental weakness is the cheap fix there. Second cheapest, although not cheap, are the jewels on the passive tree (mana leech + block). I see mana regen, good roll, on your ring, might be enough. Nice ring, not much damage but hard to upgrade that.

The main thing to upgrade would be a better roll Doryani's that is a terrible roll only 255 pdps. A 300+ pdps one can sometimes be found for 2ex or even less.

No point having that reduced mana gem on your auras, you probably know that and are just leveling it.

Finally, I wouldn't personally level CWDT that high, I keep mine at level 1 because the whole point of having CWDT is to keep the 3% block from TS up and blood rage for the frenzy charges. The most efficient way to accomplish those goals is with level 1 CWDT.
Hadn't really thought of putting HoA on Doryani's for prolif and actually like it. I just need to be able to sustain mana with a lower mana pool so using only Romira's won't cut it. Will have to definitely get a mana leech ring or somewhere in my jewels if I wanna keep HoA there.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"

I'd consider mana leech, life, chaos resist and physical damage to be the most important stats on a ring for us. Good rolls on those four alone are very rare and expensive since many builds need that same ring right now. On a diamond base it would probably be mirror service. If you don't need mana leech, maybe you have lots of mana leech and block jewels on the tree or mana leech gloves, that helps relieve some of the pressure on the ring.

Checking your gear, everything looks fine to me assuming you are not having mana problems on bosses. Poacher's Mark instead of elemental weakness is the cheap fix there. Second cheapest, although not cheap, are the jewels on the passive tree (mana leech + block). I see mana regen, good roll, on your ring, might be enough. Nice ring, not much damage but hard to upgrade that.

The main thing to upgrade would be a better roll Doryani's that is a terrible roll only 255 pdps. A 300+ pdps one can sometimes be found for 2ex or even less.

No point having that reduced mana gem on your auras, you probably know that and are just leveling it.

Finally, I wouldn't personally level CWDT that high, I keep mine at level 1 because the whole point of having CWDT is to keep the 3% block from TS up and blood rage for the frenzy charges. The most efficient way to accomplish those goals is with level 1 CWDT.

Ok i have fixed the CWDT linked gems, i overlooked that. As for the ring well i'm running out of mana, but i feel i only need a minor fix for that. I do want to get more chaos resist and a nice diamond ring when i spec into the crit nod in the talent tree.
"
dezahp wrote:
Hadn't really thought of putting HoA on Doryani's for prolif and actually like it. I just need to be able to sustain mana with a lower mana pool so using only Romira's won't cut it. Will have to definitely get a mana leech ring or somewhere in my jewels if I wanna keep HoA there.

Half mana regen maps become harder too which is one of the reasons I don't personally do this. Frankly I don't notice much a difference in high level content. If you can pull it off adequately, cool. If not, don't worry about it.
"
Ok i have fixed the CWDT linked gems, i overlooked that. As for the ring well i'm running out of mana, but i feel i only need a minor fix for that. I do want to get more chaos resist and a nice diamond ring when i spec into the crit nod in the talent tree.

The "minor fix" is poacher's mark instead of elemental weakness. That's what I used in my static strike act 4 video before I hauled out another mana leech ring from my stash, so you can see it in action there.
Well I believe this is going to be very useful for this build once I respec out of RT
"
Hrcules wrote:
Well I believe this is going to be very useful for this build once I respec out of RT

Looks useful at any level. Too bad about that projectile speed though.
Hello dear Sovyn and the followers!
I am now lvl 80 and due to enormous lack of DPS i lvled all the crit passives before moving skill points to gain max block.
As of now i have all the gear that guide says is best except of Doryani's Catalyst (i have 260 pDPS rare Sceptre). My crit chance with 3 power charges is 28,5% and multiplier is 234%, chance to hit 86% and with Q17% Ice Crash i have 13k dps. With resolute technique DPS was 12k. And the question is - what the hell? :D How come DPS has not been raised significantly - the only way to get good, at least 20k dps, is to use Doryani's Catalyst? I can't imagine getting 20k dps with this build, how come Sovyn has ~50k?
Thank you in advance.

Oh yeah, here's my tree https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAO4EswUtBjkJMwthDPcNzRPMFCAU9hUgFm8ZtBpsG5cbrRzOJKoqTStQLOktgy_MMk41kjbpPAU8LT0PPeI9_D8nQKBFR0d-SO5KyE_zUEdRYFhjXz9i7GVNZ5to8mn-bqpyqXTteK5674Lkg8yE2YTvhjuKr4zPkBGSfZhvogCplayvrj6vbK-ntQS18raKtz69Nr6nwGbAv8GCxPbGrsbY037YvdrB3CPjauQi5FHlz-zL7w7veu988B_zBvZI9qP3Mvuq_gr-VA==
Last edited by aefoa on Jul 30, 2015, 6:14:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info