[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Buiaka wrote:
Alright, so you think (or know) that a soul taker will nerf the dps that much?
I'm not sure how I feel about using mana, i've tried it with mana leech on gloves + 1 ring and I still had big issues sustaining my mana anyway (75% mana reserved), so I had to swap out my Atziri's promise to a mana potion. Also using mana will nerf one aura, in my case probably arctic armour which is kinda huge since it provides a lot surviveability.

edit: Think I found a solution to both issue 1 & 2. Instead of vengeance+riposte setup i'd go max cwdt+increased duration+immortal call+decoy totem/molten shell (I think decoy totem might be better because of increased duration and the distraction might save you from elemental hits as well).

Go BM on 6L armor for your static strike and BM+leap slam+enduring cry+fortify on a 4L. This will lose the faster attacks on leap slam, but I think it's worth it actually.

This way, we still use doryani's, we still have 3 auras (100% reserved) and we utilize endurance charges better and on top of that we add more surviveability with immortal call/decoy totem.

Thoughts?

To stand in for a good roll soul taker in this test I picked up this mace:

If you want to keep AA for more defence at the cost of offence, you can drop HoA.

With AA + Hatred (75% mana reserved) and with my Doryani's equipped, I get 30,132 dps in hideout.

With HoA + AA + Hatred (100% mana reserved) and with the experimental mace (soul taker equivalent) equipped, I get 24,956 in hideout.

Conclusion: That's over 5K difference, Doryani's vs. Soul Taker.

I have no problems at all with mana with 0.8% mana leech total.

Note that you would have to be a little careful about swinging away when there's nothing there.

I think I read somewhere that totems no longer work on CWDT.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 27, 2015, 4:46:02 PM
Not really enjoying Ice Golem (never see it come out) any recommendations for a replacement?
"
Sovyn wrote:

I've heard totems no longer work with CWDT too as I was trying to find one more skill to link as last CWDT since I don't want to use molten shell because CWDT level 1 molten shell is pretty much insignificant. Too bad mines don't work with CWDT...that would be so good.

As of right now(level 86), my total tool tip DPS peaks out at 37-38k with buffs and Dorayni's. Is this good enough for where I should be? Have been steadily upgrading to my end game gear finally and mainly just need a chest as I'm still using a crappy 5L. I also want to get Taste of Hate later on once the price drops a bit.

Armour rating currently sitting at 11288 (without flasks) which will go up when I am able to upgrade my chest. Will also probably switch spell block Lazhwar to 4% block Lazhwar later and it'll also give me more free room with 2 jewel slots. Unless I am able to find a pair of gloves that have what I need and able to craft 2% block. I'm having no problems with mana at all except when there are moments I might swing at nothing. Not sure how that will be once I go up to 6L mana cost but can't see that being a problem if I need to add another .4% mana leech ring.

Changed around my gem links recently so it is not very lazy lol. Added Rallying Cry, manual cast tempest shield and added arctic breath into CWDT since decoy totem no longer works.

edit: btw it's awesome that you give feedback and input on your build and everyone's questions.
Last edited by dezahp on Jul 27, 2015, 7:36:05 PM
Hello,

I am currently playing your build in the warbands league and I have to say I like it quite a lot.

This is my equip:

Spoiler

And this is my passive tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAAO4EhwSzBS0GOQkzC2EM9w3NFCAU9hUgGbQaPhutHM4e3yP2Kk0rUCzpLYMvzDJONZI7OzwFPC09Dz3iPydAoEd-SO5KyExgTZJPBE9WUEdRYFHmXz9i7GVNZ5to8m6qcql07XdTeK55OXrve8N82X7iguSDX4PMhNmE74Y7hrOKr4rkj5mQEZvsnsWiAKOKqZWsr64-r2yvp7M_tfK2irc-vTa-p768wGbAv8GCxBXE9sau0TbTftfL2L3aweIs5FHp1eoY7w7veu988B_zBvaj9zL7qv4K_lQ=?accountName=Wazabo&characterName=Cassioea

At the moment I have 25k tooltip dps with hatred and ash, (lvl 19 no-quality gems with mana-leech), and mobs just disappear very fast. I still die from time to time but it's mainly because I am bad, the build is super solid and tanky.

As you can see I tried to find a use of the elemental proliferation of the catalyst and the best thing I could think of was the support gem Innervate (20% chance of shocking at lvl 20) with leap slam. To be honest it seems complely irrelevant. Mobs dies in fraction of seconds anyway.

I use the chaos golem because it feels a little safer and the loss of dps compared to the fire one is very small.

Next I need to find a way to drop that mana leech gem (I was thinking about getting mana leech on the jewels but I don't know if you can roll both block and mana leech never happend to me so far) but your idea of getting it on the rings seems nice too.

I was also lucky to drop 4 enlighten gems, and I am leveling them at the moment. Do you think it's possible to run Ash-Hatred-Clarity(around lvl 10) with a lvl 4 enlighten? Maybe a mix of leech and mana-regen.

My other problem is the chest. I was very lucky to drop that 6-link, the problem it's only ilvl56. What should I do? Chaos till I get the rolls I want and then divine or save currency and try to get a full armour one? (The other issue is that trying to get 6R on a mix chest seems incredibly difficult). My idea (after i solve the mana problems) was to keep using that chest (maybe rerolling the stats with some divine) and swap to Ice Crash/Faster attacks/fortify instead of Static strike/multistrike/mana leech (So I don't need to change the colour of the sockets). From what I read in the first post it shouldn't make much difference dps wise.

Good job on the guide, it's my first melee character and I like it very much.
"
Phantomik wrote:
HI
question

How important is spell block, I feel like my current boots with chaos resist and high hp give me more than rainbowstride, especially when I need spell block mostly just for bosses like in residence or crematorium and thats all, even gmp chain packs doesn't seem to be a problem as for spells. I have 65/33 atm and it feels pretty okay

I am 89 currently 77-79 maps

//edit:
Also I want ask about concentrated effect, since it increase aoe dmg, which means the charges from static strike, but no effect on main hit with melee weapon. Wouldn't be better as blue gem for example crit multiply, where u have chance if lucky to crit main hit which increases dmg for static charge as well and that can again crit itself and increase dmg even further.

Thanks for reply ;D

Well my friend more is always better... we try to get the most we can in all categories so more spell block is better.... obviously you need some chaos resist too.... you can use amethyst flasks for chaos res in a pinch. Maybe even surgeon's if you have some crit chance. I just have my Atziri's Promise. It's just a balancing act no matter what build you are playing. Part of the fun of these type of games really.

I don't like concentrated effect much personally but of course the skill works fine with it just a smaller coverage area. The tooltip DPS number is less impressive also if that's a factor for you. The crit multiplier/chance gems are an interesting option but I think overall that the usual suspects for a melee skill might be better for us (added fire, WED, melee phys, multi).
"
Not really enjoying Ice Golem (never see it come out) any recommendations for a replacement?

It shows up frequently on a level 1 CWDT assuming you have not leveled the golem past level 3. Note that I don't see it very often on super easy content as those monsters can't even damage me for the 400 life.

If you still have RT you could use flame golem.

If you play hardcore maybe the chaos golem but it's a negligible amount of defense really.

If you hate golems then go with molten shell probably. :)
"
dezahp wrote:
As of right now(level 86), my total tool tip DPS peaks out at 37-38k with buffs and Dorayni's. Is this good enough for where I should be? Have been steadily upgrading to my end game gear finally and mainly just need a chest as I'm still using a crappy 5L. I also want to get Taste of Hate later on once the price drops a bit.

Armour rating currently sitting at 11288 (without flasks) which will go up when I am able to upgrade my chest. Will also probably switch spell block Lazhwar to 4% block Lazhwar later and it'll also give me more free room with 2 jewel slots. Unless I am able to find a pair of gloves that have what I need and able to craft 2% block. I'm having no problems with mana at all except when there are moments I might swing at nothing. Not sure how that will be once I go up to 6L mana cost but can't see that being a problem if I need to add another .4% mana leech ring.

Hi dezahp :)

I think that 37K is great for your level and only a 5-link with no quality gems at all. Part of the fun of these types of games is having an upgrade to chase after and save up for.

I think your flask choices are pretty good.

I had to get a second 0.4% mana leech ring (which I had already but it's not ideal of course) for 2.0. Poacher's Mark works 90% of the time too to keep your mana full and even gives you a bit more hit chance if you don't want to bother with finding a leech ring. I used Poacher's in my act 4 static strike video (link on page 1) to show it can work fine with 6-link with no mana flasks and only the 0.4% mana leech from Romira's.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 27, 2015, 7:51:18 PM
"
Wazabo wrote:
Hello,

I am currently playing your build in the warbands league and I have to say I like it quite a lot.

At the moment I have 25k tooltip dps with hatred and ash, (lvl 19 no-quality gems with mana-leech), and mobs just disappear very fast. I still die from time to time but it's mainly because I am bad, the build is super solid and tanky.

As you can see I tried to find a use of the elemental proliferation of the catalyst and the best thing I could think of was the support gem Innervate (20% chance of shocking at lvl 20) with leap slam. To be honest it seems complely irrelevant. Mobs dies in fraction of seconds anyway.

I use the chaos golem because it feels a little safer and the loss of dps compared to the fire one is very small.

Next I need to find a way to drop that mana leech gem (I was thinking about getting mana leech on the jewels but I don't know if you can roll both block and mana leech never happend to me so far) but your idea of getting it on the rings seems nice too.

I was also lucky to drop 4 enlighten gems, and I am leveling them at the moment. Do you think it's possible to run Ash-Hatred-Clarity(around lvl 10) with a lvl 4 enlighten? Maybe a mix of leech and mana-regen.

My other problem is the chest. I was very lucky to drop that 6-link, the problem it's only ilvl56. What should I do? Chaos till I get the rolls I want and then divine or save currency and try to get a full armour one? (The other issue is that trying to get 6R on a mix chest seems incredibly difficult). My idea (after i solve the mana problems) was to keep using that chest (maybe rerolling the stats with some divine) and swap to Ice Crash/Faster attacks/fortify instead of Static strike/multistrike/mana leech (So I don't need to change the colour of the sockets). From what I read in the first post it shouldn't make much difference dps wise.

Good job on the guide, it's my first melee character and I like it very much.

Hi Wazabo, glad you like the build :)

You can get 6R on a hybrid chest but it would probably take several hundred chromes. Still affordable. You can see your chances here: http://exar.ch/files/chromaticorbs.html

However you should know that faster attacks is almost as good as added fire damage so probably just keep what you've got an aim for making faster attacks work for you. I'd assume you will eventually replace added fire with fortify.

Ice crash is not even close to the dps of static strike especially on bosses. Maybe you forgot the explosions on static and the fact there are zones of decreasing effectiveness with ice crash along with it being much harder to sustain on mana due to not working with multistrike. :)

On crafting your chest I'd just chaos it some, looking for life and two resists over 25. Divining definitely wouldn't be worth it.

You can get mana leech on jewels along with block and this is an excellent option if you can swing it. Assuming GGG has not removed it already! The data mined info here does not show it anymore... http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?type=42&attr=136

Assuming it's still available you should note that both block and leech are prefixes so that means you can only craft it with regal method or the chaos method. Very rare to see both so trading for it is probably best unless it goes legacy then just forget it and look at leech rings or Poacher's Mark curse.

You should be able to add clarity if you use enlighten. Probably level 4 clarity with level 3 enlighten: https://poe.mikelat.com/#EoHX/vOaFOc
"
Sovyn wrote:

What other options are there for molten shell? Sure the 1k armor is nice and all, but with a 5-7s immortal call the armor doesn't do anything really.

Another option would be:
Max lvl cwdt - inc duration - IC - blood rage
lvl 10 cwdt - tempest shield - summon golem - artic breath
This way blood rage will be more potent and have uptime on 18.8s with max lvl increased duration.
Artic breath for the chill effect. The only concern is that blood rage might have lower uptime, dunno would have to test this!

Any other ideas?
Last edited by Buiaka on Jul 27, 2015, 8:37:51 PM
"
Buiaka wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

What other options are there for molten shell? Sure the 1k armor is nice and all, but with a 5-7s immortal call the armor doesn't do anything really.

Another option would be:
Max lvl cwdt - inc duration - IC - blood rage
lvl 10 cwdt - tempest shield - summon golem - artic breath
This way blood rage will be more potent and have uptime on 18.8s with max lvl increased duration.
Artic breath for the chill effect. The only concern is that blood rage might have lower uptime, dunno would have to test this!

Any other ideas?

Not really... in most content which is super easy for us anything but level 1 CWDT is almost never going to go off so not much point. Blood rage is fine at low level, the point is to generate frenzy charges. You won't get the right timing by putting IC on CWDT either. Best to use level 1 CWDT and then manually cast whatever else you feel you need. Chill is not a bad idea if you can pull it off. Of course we can chill just with our hatred as a crit build.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 27, 2015, 11:18:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info