[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Jakzca wrote:
I normally play Totem builds or Spellcasters but I think my first ever melee build will be your 'Lazy Pally' build Sovyn. It looks like fun and I love passive abilities (If you block, do 'this' ability, auras, 'free damage' skills, etc).

I just thought I would write and say how much I appreciate your build and how you've taken the time to write up your build and make essentially, a whole NEW guide just for the update. That is a lot of writing, linking skills and information. Thanks! :)

I was curious as to why you pathed up grabbing the Intelligence nodes as opposed to Life and Mana Regen? I'm assuming you went that route because you needed the extra INT for a certain gem or two?

This is just a random comment, but I thought your life pool from your level 83 skill tree was a little low (only 127% max life). Do you think this is alright because your build is so defensive in nature? :)

Welcome, Jakzca, glad you like the guide.

I take the INT nodes for two reasons, one it saves two valuable skill points on the final tree, and two, as a very minor additional benefit, we need intelligence to max out our curse on hit and curse gems. It also opens up the use of more weapons early on like claws (VERY useful). You could start off however you like and respec to my version when you reach very high levels, if you'd like.

I have 142% life on my level 95 tree right now in 1.3. The assumption is that I'll make up the difference on rare jewels for the passive skill tree. I'd only need 2 out of the 4 jewels to have the life mod. If not, I think it's still enough with high armour + fortify and max block. It's just a different approach from "path of life nodes." I'll fine tune later if necessary but I'm thinking what I have there will be a good balance between defenses and damage for 2.0.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 7, 2015, 4:16:28 PM
I'll have to remember to use Claws. I think they're very underrated.

I forgot about getting Life through jewels. I was focused on getting that Attack Speed / Block chance jewel you had mentioned in your original post. I think I'll aim for Life / Block chance rolls instead? :)

Thanks for the reply!
"
Jakzca wrote:
I think I'll aim for Life / Block chance rolls instead? :)

Those won't be especially cheap because life and block are both prefixes, so chaos or regal crafting at minimum. Trading for what you need perhaps.
Update on guide in general.... I've been playing around with a couple small variations on the endgame build:

#1 Build from the guide as of now

Pertinent differences vs, below:

+363 to Strength
+164 to Dexterity
+133 to Intelligence
+120.5 to maximum Mana
+281.5 to maximum Life
127% increased maximum Life
4.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
135% increased Melee Critical Strike Chance
52% increased Armour
14% increased Elemental Damage
73% increased Melee Physical Damage from Strength
+328 Accuracy Rating
33% increased Evasion Rating from Dexterity

vs.

#2 Contending build

Pertinent differences vs. above:

+403 to Strength
+174 to Dexterity
+103 to Intelligence
+91.5 to maximum Mana
+315.5 to maximum Life
132% increased maximum Life
5.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
75% increased Melee Critical Strike Chance
72% increased Armour
20% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
10% increased maximum Energy Shield
81% increased Melee Physical Damage from Strength
+348 Accuracy Rating
35% increased Evasion Rating from Dexterity

Comments: As you can see the main difference is some more crit chance on #1 vs. some small additional life and regen on #2. Lots of other minor differences as you can see above. The early levels might be a little bit better with #2. Feel free to weigh in.
Ive been wanting to ask, where does the 2k lightning damage on your tooltip come from?
"
Sovyn wrote:

Comments: As you can see the main difference is some more crit chance on #1 vs. some small additional life and regen on #2. Lots of other minor differences as you can see above. The early levels might be a little bit better with #2. Feel free to weigh in.

I'd say it probably depends on the individual players reference and personal taste as both are good and viable options.

#1 may be the better option for SC players who wants high crit chance and dps.

#2 may be the better option for HC players due to the higher life. This might be the better option for new players as well due to the early levels being a little bit better as you mention.

Why not put both options in the guide with a few comments about each, would give people some choice?
"
reaver19 wrote:
Ive been wanting to ask, where does the 2k lightning damage on your tooltip come from?

Static Strike converts 60% of physical damage to Lightning. The tooltip screenshots will need to be updated with the attack skill I choose for 2.0. In 2-3 days I'll know more.
Today's work is done, changelog:

"
07-08-2015 -- 2.0 progression builds updated
It's my lucky day - an Exalt (first one ever) and a Divine dropped for me today, so I can get a Romira's Banquet if it's needed for the new build.

I think I might wait a few days after the 2.0 release to spec my Templar, so that Sovyn can get a chance to test stuff some more. :P
So, how many people here plans to start the new Leagues with the Lazy Pally build (I do!)?

Or people plan to continue with their existing chars on Standard/Hardcore with the new tree and play the new content there?

Just curious :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info