[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

PS, No, I won't be recommending a Soul Taker, Doryani's + blood magic support will be fine. Don't let me stop you from testing it yourself though.
"
Sovyn wrote:
PS, No, I won't be recommending a Soul Taker, Doryani's + blood magic support will be fine. Don't let me stop you from testing it yourself though.

well i have tested this on 1.3 a wile ago and i get a lot more dps plus u can add 1 more herald
but i dont like the idea of catalyst + blood magic vs soultaker + 6link + herald
we must find a way leeching mana or something. we must use catalyst + 6link, like 1.3
that way will have more dps than soultaker + 6link + 1 more herald
plus way lot cheeper
Last edited by sockgr on Jul 3, 2015, 7:49:09 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
Updated the FAQ section of the 2.0 guide today. Waiting for the beta patch monday before finalizing the progression builds and moving the 2.0 guide up top replacing the 1.3 guide. It's almost to the point where no one cares about 1.3 builds I think.

What's your strategy for the 3 Chaos/3 Regal recipe you mentioned. Do you have a stash tab where you save up unidentified rares that have good amount of quality on them, and when you have enough of them you bring them to 20% with scraps and then hand them in? Is this something you are able to hand in fairly often? I have been handing in the 1- and 2-Chaos recipe, saving up a set for each at all times, but it seems as if the 3-Chaos one would take a very long time to save up the pieces for.
"
sockgr wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

well i have tested this on 1.3 a wile ago and i get a lot more dps plus u can add 1 more herald
but i dont like the idea of catalyst + blood magic vs soultaker + 6link + herald
we must find a way leeching mana or something. we must use catalyst + 6link, like 1.3
that way will have more dps than soultaker + 6link + 1 more herald
plus way lot cheeper

I don't think soul taker would be a lot more damage, probably less or the same. I had a 350 pdps rare weapon and that's better than any non-legacy soul taker, and Doryani's was a bit better. I think you may be missing the fact you can use three auras/buffs with blood magic support on attack and movement skills as suggested in the guide (v2.0). I'll run some tests later using a weapon around the same damage as soul taker and post my exact dps results.
"
Sovyn wrote:

I think you may be missing the fact you can use three auras/buffs with blood magic support on attack and movement skills as suggested in the guide (v2.0).

lol now i feel idiot xD so yes with soul taker it would be around the same plus lil more then depending on what skill...
if ice crush then better catalyst
if cyclone then beter soul taker
Last edited by sockgr on Jul 3, 2015, 9:45:23 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Agneton wrote:
Thank you for the swift reply! I was thinking about which attack to you use, and seeing that i have this 340pdps rapier :..... and i've never played reave, i thought i'd give that a chance :) Would a claw with life leech be better though?

Claws are best with reave / vaal reave as reave has an aoe size independent from base weapon range, so you might as well get the life gain. Rapiers are best for cyclone as cyclone's range is based on the weapon range. Most weapons are range 5, rapiers are range 7, tied with two handed axes for highest range. All that aside you will probably get more DPS with Doryani's Catalyst (with a skill other than reave of course) and it's much cheaper. We have access to good mace nodes and doryani's elemental damage boosts our auras. Nothing's going to compete for less than a mirror, IMO.

"
Agneton wrote:
Also, is romira's mana leech enough to keep clear of any mana problems whatsoever? And should i buy one before 2.0, or will the mana leech on it not change with the leech nerfs?

No, Romira's along with everything else is nerfed in 2.0 with only 0.4% mana leech. That won't be enough, you will need blood magic support on your attack skill or more mana leech items combined with clarity or elreon rings or mana on hit clusters on the passive tree or mana flasks.

"
Agneton wrote:
And one more :P: with 400% defence from shield i assume i will not have to get ES anywhere else besides aegis? In that case, i am probably better off to use armor boots instead of rainbowstride to make up for the loss of armor on shield, or am i mistaken?

Rainbows are fine you can get plenty of armor on belt, gloves chest and helm. No need to overdo it.

Hmm i feel like you're saying here that reave is worse then any other attack skill that can use doryani's alltogether. But when using blood magic to sustain your attack wouldnt the leech on claws be very handy? or will the 1% elemental leech on doryani's also be enough to sustain BM?

Also is romira's really worth running just for the few power charges in between crits?

I mainly just really don't wanna play cyclone, i played a ranger to 92 and im a bit tired of the skill, i really want to make this build work with a somewhat more visually entertaining skill, like reave :)
"
Kamina100 wrote:
What's your strategy for the 3 Chaos/3 Regal recipe you mentioned. Do you have a stash tab where you save up unidentified rares that have good amount of quality on them, and when you have enough of them you bring them to 20% with scraps and then hand them in? Is this something you are able to hand in fairly often? I have been handing in the 1- and 2-Chaos recipe, saving up a set for each at all times, but it seems as if the 3-Chaos one would take a very long time to save up the pieces for.

At first I did a lot of the two chaos recipe but when you get into your 90s it picks up a lot when you are into public groups or a regular group where you move a lot faster. You can just swoop up rares with quality on them. But I turn in sets of gear without quality all the time. I'd guess I can do a set every couple hours played. Sometimes I do like six sets a day when I'm busy. It adds up. Obviously it's tempting to ID rares instead but most are total junk anyway. So you can have the guaranteed income or gamble for something that you can peddle for a couple exalts as the long odds.
"
Agneton wrote:
Hmm i feel like you're saying here that reave is worse then any other attack skill that can use doryani's alltogether.

It's not worse, Reave is a fast clearing skill if the player has just a little technique but not cheap to get a high tooltip dps from it. The other options that work with Doryani's are more cost effective. All of the skills I mentioned are viable, it comes down to personal preference. Perhaps I prefer the circular AOE skills a bit better because they kill monsters behind me as well so there is a lot less positioning involved. I did use Reave for like a year.

"
Agneton wrote:
But when using blood magic to sustain your attack wouldnt the leech on claws be very handy? or will the 1% elemental leech on doryani's also be enough to sustain BM?

Doryani's is nerfed to 0.2% of Elemental Damage Leeched as Life but it's still going to be close. The claws with leech on them now offer only 2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life.

For example, I do 4384 elemental damage per hit with static strike 6-link whereas I do only 599 physical for that same hit. So 4384 x 0.002 = 9 leeched whereas 599 x 0.02 = 12 leeched. Now in 1.3 this was totally different, 1% ele leech was 44 leeched whereas the claw leech was about 18 so Doryani's leech got a much bigger nerf bat here. Now the claws with flat life gained on hit are better. For example the Great White Claw will have +34 Life gained for each Enemy hit by Attacks, much better than the leech versions at least for builds like ours that don't mess with leech effectiveness nodes.

Bear in mind that a 350+ physical DPS claw is needed to match the DPS of a Doryani's and a claw like that costs about 30-40 times what a Doryani's costs so you can see why I'm trying to steer you away from it. Your main life regain is going to come from the 4.4% life regen we take on the tree, 220 life per sec if you have 5K life for example. Blood magic skills will run off that no problem.

"
Agneton wrote:
Also is romira's really worth running just for the few power charges in between crits

Yep, you are looking at around 5000 endgame dps just from the accuracy and crit on Romira's plus another 5000 (fluctuates) from the charges. That's 10K damage. No other ring will touch that, certainly not for 1ex. Naturally the numbers here are based on my endgame perspective in 1.3.

"
Agneton wrote:
i really want to make this build work with a somewhat more visually entertaining skill, like reave :)

Try ice crash, it's new and fun and works well and the gear for it is cheap. Or play reave with your rapier.
"
sockgr wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

I think you may be missing the fact you can use three auras/buffs with blood magic support on attack and movement skills as suggested in the guide (v2.0).

lol now i feel idiot xD so yes with soul taker it would be around the same plus lil more then depending on what skill...
if ice crush then better catalyst
if cyclone then beter soul taker

All right I have the promised info for you now....

Soul taker damage simulation, no blood magic gem:

With this weapon, which is at least the damage of a soul taker (probably a bit more because of the much higher crit..). Anyway, this will stand in for soul taker's damage since I don't have a soul taker:

plus these buffs for 100% mana reserved in 2.0:

Plus these gems (note, no blood magic because soul taker does not need it):

Total damage: almost 26K tooltip.

Now for the Doryani's setup with blood magic:

This weapon...

Same buffs for 100% mana reserved in 2.0....

These gems... note the blood magic support is on there now instead of added fire.....

Result: 35K tooltip dps, 9K better than soul taker, approximately.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 4, 2015, 12:31:56 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:

At first I did a lot of the two chaos recipe but when you get into your 90s it picks up a lot when you are into public groups or a regular group where you move a lot faster. You can just swoop up rares with quality on them. But I turn in sets of gear without quality all the time. I'd guess I can do a set every couple hours played. Sometimes I do like six sets a day when I'm busy. It adds up. Obviously it's tempting to ID rares instead but most are total junk anyway. So you can have the guaranteed income or gamble for something that you can peddle for a couple exalts as the long odds.

May I ask how many stash tabs you have? I've been wondering how many is realistic if I want to keep playing longer-term. I have 10, but I'm pretty much always almost full.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info