[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Kamina100 wrote:
May I ask how many stash tabs you have? I've been wondering how many is realistic if I want to keep playing longer-term. I have 10, but I'm pretty much always almost full.

I have a ton but that's only because I save stuff for alternate characters, friends and for selling at low cost. If you don't care about any of that you can get away with 2 tabs for the recipe and maybe 2 for currency, 1 for maps, and 5 for everything else. Just save the stuff worth 5 chaos+ to sell and if that's too much, 1ex+. Check everything interesting on poe.trade. A lot of work to keep up with it, I know. The amount and variety of loot that drops and the limited space is definitely a revenue design on GGG's part. :) Makes good business sense as many people who don't care about appearance wouldn't buy anything without the tabs.
"
Sovyn wrote:

All right I have the promised info for you now....

ok bro thx for ur time :D
but we are still better if we find a way to leech. :/
if we drop herald of ice and add 6link so we can have 25% mana to use!
Last edited by sockgr on Jul 5, 2015, 6:14:28 PM
"
sockgr wrote:
but we are still better if we find a way to leech. :/
if we drop herald of ice and add 6link so we can have 25% mana to use!

Maybe so but to get started I'm recommending blood magic support gem. Will revisit later. Won't matter as most people will be in the new leagues and won't have all the gems for a few days or weeks and will have to use mana flasks regardless.
I've been happily using your guide for the past month and a half, and it served my first character very well.
I'm planning to keep using this guide, but was wondering if you could put various sections of the guide inside of spoiler tags. Your guide is HUGE, way bigger and more comprehensive than most other guides the forum, which is good, but it makes it hard to find what I'm looking for. (have to use CTRL+F)
I've illustrated an example of what I mean below:

Gear
Shield
Shield - This is your most important tool.

For Most Folks - lorum ipsum

For Rich Folks - lorum ipsum

Weapon
Weapon -

For Most Folks - lorum ipsum
For Rich Folks - lorum ipsum

Skillgems

list of skill gems

I also have a question: In 1.3 I have 4% Phys and 3% ele life leech (wurms molt, catalyst, shield), which is what keeps me alive in almost every situation, but in 2.0, with the nerf to life leech and our switch to blood magic, will we need to start fussing about our health a lot more? Do we mitigate streaming damage through some other method? (I'd presume armour but that already has to fill the void that evasion left)

Thanks in advance, and I hope you'll consider the spoiler tags.
Last edited by pinneh on Jul 6, 2015, 2:18:26 PM
"
pinneh wrote:
I also have a question: In 1.3 I have 4% Phys and 3% ele life leech (wurms molt, catalyst, shield), which is what keeps me alive in almost every situation, but in 2.0, with the nerf to life leech and our switch to blood magic, will we need to start fussing about our health a lot more? Do we mitigate streaming damage through some other method? (I'd presume armour but that already has to fill the void that evasion left)

Thanks in advance, and I hope you'll consider the spoiler tags.

Hi pinneh, I've considered expanded use of spoiler tags, yes, but I think they are overused in guides and I want new folks to see how much info is here. With spoilers a person would really have no idea. I did put the aura/buff options in spoilers a while ago that did make the guide about 8" shorter. :) I also use them in the FAQ. Will think on it more.

As to your question, leech or lack thereof in 2.0 is going to be a problem for everyone. Few are going to spend passive points on it in their builds and gear doesn't have hardly any anymore. We do have 4.4% life regen on the passive tree which will be about 200 life regained per second which will cover the blood magic skill cost. Life flasks may play an expanded role. The option is there as well for you to experiment as I will be doing with clarity/elreon rings/mana leech rings/regen/mana on hit/reduction/reduced mana/flasks/et al. If you are starting on the new leagues I'll probably have a conclusion by the time you are ready to retire your mana flasks on your new character unless you are a 24/7 type of guy. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
I want new folks to see how much info is here.

Seeing the level of detail is, indeed, part of what drew me to this thread.
bro i just saw the new skill called Phase Run
do u thing is a cool skill to add on cwdt links?
sounds really cool caz evry time we got hit
our next hit will have 40% or more phys dmg.

i know that 3 buffs u suggest are importand
but lets say IF u remove 1 and add this
what would be?
Last edited by sockgr on Jul 6, 2015, 10:58:10 PM
"
sockgr wrote:
bro i just saw the new skill called Phase Run
do u thing is a cool skill to add on cwdt links?
sounds really cool caz evry time we got hit
our next hit will have 40% or more phys dmg.

i know that 3 buffs u suggest are importand
but lets say IF u remove 1 and add this
what would be?

Yes, I've seen Phase Run, it's not even patched into Beta yet I don't think.

If you end up using 2 auras you can put it on your shield and cast it manually.

I don't think it would go off that often on CWDT and since it's such a short duration it might not be very useful. But if you wanted to test it, possibly instead of the golem. Blood rage would have a synergy due to the frenzy charge duration.

The reason I didn't post about phase run yet is because I don't think it will end up fitting with this build very well. I'll be sure to test it as I will with everything else.
"
Sovyn wrote:

Yes, I've seen Phase Run, it's not even patched into Beta yet I don't think.

If you end up using 2 auras you can put it on your shield and cast it manually.

i think on cwdt will be better caz u got 0.5 sec to use a skill with incresed dmg

"
Sovyn wrote:

I don't think it would go off that often on CWDT and since it's such a short duration it might not be very useful. But if you wanted to test it, possibly instead of the golem. Blood rage would have a synergy due to the frenzy charge duration.

we mostly need it for the dmg part not for speed/stealth part. so frenzy charges duration looks unnecessary

"
Sovyn wrote:

The reason I didn't post about phase run yet is because I don't think it will end up fitting with this build very well. I'll be sure to test it as I will with everything else.

anyway lets see first what it does and then talk :P
(thx for fast reply) :P
I normally play Totem builds or Spellcasters but I think my first ever melee build will be your 'Lazy Pally' build Sovyn. It looks like fun and I love passive abilities (If you block, do 'this' ability, auras, 'free damage' skills, etc).

I just thought I would write and say how much I appreciate your build and how you've taken the time to write up your build and make essentially, a whole NEW guide just for the update. That is a lot of writing, linking skills and information. Thanks! :)

A few questions:

Do you think Glacial Hammer would be a good skill to use with Lazy Pally? I thought about using it with Elemental Proliferation with all the AoE we would be getting.

I was curious as to why you pathed up grabbing the Intelligence nodes as opposed to Life and Mana Regen? I'm assuming you went that route because you needed the extra INT for a certain gem or two?

This is just a random comment, but I thought your life pool from your level 83 skill tree was a little low (only 127% max life). Do you think this is alright because your build is so defensive in nature? :)

Last edited by Jakzca on Jul 7, 2015, 3:52:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info