[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

ok now i got some questions :/

q1 why we need the +1 max power charge?

q2 isnt it beter get that 3 nodes for a +4 block
and add a +4 spell block on a jewel socket?
"
sockgr wrote:
ok now i got some questions :/

q1 why we need the +1 max power charge?

q2 isnt it beter get that 3 nodes for a +4 block
and add a +4 spell block on a jewel socket?

1) 1600 more dps for 2 points, crit more often, more freezes etc

2) Sure you could do that if you want if you can't afford block + spell block rare jewels
wow i forgot about that we can have both blocks ( nice :D )
but is the +1 power charge realy worth?
i mean since we gona loose it if we crit
and we gona crit eventually...
so whats ur current crit chance with 3 and what with 4 charges?
thx bro for responding :) highly appreciated!
"
sockgr wrote:
wow i forgot about that we can have both blocks ( nice :D )
but is the +1 power charge realy worth?
i mean since we gona loose it if we crit
and we gona crit eventually...
so whats ur current crit chance with 3 and what with 4 charges?
thx bro for responding :) highly appreciated!

First of all, anything that only costs 2 points is going to be fairly minor with the exception of keystones.

Base crit is around 20%. With 3 power charges, 32.1%. I'd have to regret to check the exact numbers and it's probably not worth doing that but suffice it to say another charge is not going to make a big difference or anything. The idea is to build up to a crit as often as you can and more power charges = more chance to crit. You could get the 30% crit nodes around disemboweling those give me a flat 977 tooltip dps each, if you prefer that.
well 977dps x2 nodes sounds better than 1600 of power charge keystones.
Last edited by sockgr on Jul 1, 2015, 10:45:47 PM
"
sockgr wrote:
well 977dps x2 nodes sounds better than 1600 of power charge keystones.

Yep, the fine tuning definitely won't be done on day 1.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Thanks. When you say to increase spell block, do you mean the additional spell block that will naturally result from Stone of Lazhwar (which I am using) when I get to 75% regular block chance? Or do you recommend making it a priority to do better than that, such as with Rainbowstride? I have a lot of second-tier currency now (like 40 chaos, 40 fusing, 40 alch, 25 regret, 25 scouring etc) and could buy a Rainbowstride without running on empty if it would be really helpful and a good long-term piece, but I wasn't sure about spending on gear vs. saving as much currency as possible to help roll better maps later. But maybe I would need better gear to run those high-quantity maps anyhow, without dying too much.

Yes you will gain 4 more spell block once you max out block. (67 x .5 = 34 vs. 75 x .5 = 38)

There is the possibility of getting both block and spell block on a 'rare' jewel for the skill tree. Probably quite hard, I have no idea. You could alchemy every cobalt jewel you find and sell the ones that you don't need. Just a thought. Or maybe the trade prices of regular/spell block jewels would not be too bad, we just don't know stuff like that yet.

In any case I don't think Rainbows are a bad choice for final boots, I'll probably not be taking mine off anytime soon unless they go legacy but that's only on principal. For a max block build, the only boots that would compete with Rainbows would be a mirror quality rare IMO (armor, life, 30 movement and resists all high rolls). So not a bad investment.

I sprung for a 25% Rainbowstride, and I've also gotten my chaos resist up to +3%. But I'm down to 4.2K life and 15.8K dps. The next goal, other than maxing spell block (I want to see how much I have after putting in the new passive tree gems) and geting a Romira's for the new build, seems like it should be to add life.
"
Kamina100 wrote:
I sprung for a 25% Rainbowstride, and I've also gotten my chaos resist up to +3%. But I'm down to 4.2K life and 15.8K dps. The next goal, other than maxing spell block (I want to see how much I have after putting in the new passive tree gems) and geting a Romira's for the new build, seems like it should be to add life.

Yes, life and damage. You can get both of rare jewels by the way, along with block... but of course bigger upgrades would be flat physical on ring, gloves, etc. Can be expensive to get the very top end stuff. Lots of patience to get gems to 20/20 too.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 2, 2015, 1:37:45 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:

Yes, life and damage. You can get both of rare jewels by the way, along with block... but of course bigger upgrades would be flat physical on ring, gloves, etc. Can be expensive to get the very top end stuff. Lots of patience to get gems to 20/20 too.

Jewels with both shield block and shield block spell block are really rare. I've spent thousands of alterations and dozens of regals orbs and I have only seen that combination pop once in my jewels. Just a headsup
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
"
yotmato wrote:
Jewels with both shield block and shield block spell block are really rare. I've spent thousands of alterations and dozens of regals orbs and I have only seen that combination pop once in my jewels. Just a headsup

Good to know, I didn't have enough currency on beta to really craft many. We shall see what the Standard league economy does with this but this is good to keep in mind because I try to accommodate temp leagues with my build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info