[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

After beeing inactive about half an year i had to change so these and those.

This build is still soo great.

I decided to test a bit around with gear and I have to say, atm I'm really glad with it.

My actual gear is this:

I had to farm all these new skillgems xD but it was it worth. Because of this, none of them is max-level. Beeing really interested where my dmg goes if they are.

With active auras and onlsaught i'm now a bit below 22k DPS which is shown in tooltip.

You have done a really really good job. Thank you

Last edited by Fiktivus on Jun 28, 2015, 1:18:51 PM
"
Fiktivus wrote:
After beeing inactive about half an year i had to change so these and those.

This build is still soo great.

I decided to test a bit around with gear and I have to say, atm I'm really glad with it.

My actual gear is this

Thanks for the compliment and welcome to the lazy pally. :)

The trouble with using many uniques is that few of them have the required life or enough resists to reach 75 in merciless/maps. Other than that I like your setup :)
"
Sovyn wrote:

The trouble with using many uniques is that few of them have the required life or enough resists to reach 75 in merciless/maps. Other than that I like your setup :)

Something that frustrates me about uniques in addition to the fact that the resists issue often makes them unusable, is the fact that they are also often useless due the high cost of giving them the necessary linkages. Belly of the Beast dropped for me yesterday, and I was excited for a minute, but then I realized that the cost of 5-linking it would likely be the same or more than the cost of buying a 5-link one (probably because it's Standard so the 5-link ones have gradually piled up over the years). Maybe I could get lucky by trying to manually fuse it, but if it ends up costing like 100 fuses, then that's about the same as buying a 5-link one, and if I used the Vorici fuse recipe, it would be clearly more expensive than buying one.

I guess that's why people go self-found, because it makes a drop like this pretty meaningless when you've already bought gear, and there's no consistency in overpaying to link something you found vs., if you really want one, just buying an already linked one. I don't regret buying gear, because I'm just not willing to go so long in between upgrades, but this makes me sad because I found Belly of the Beast yet it's no good.
Last edited by Kamina100 on Jun 28, 2015, 7:57:45 PM
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Something that frustrates me about uniques in addition to the fact that the resists issue often makes them unusable, is the fact that they are also often useless due the high cost of giving them the necessary linkages. Belly of the Beast dropped for me yesterday, and I was excited for a minute, but then I realized that the cost of 5-linking it would likely be the same or more than the cost of buying a 5-link one (probably because it's Standard so the 5-link ones have gradually piled up over the years). Maybe I could get lucky by trying to manually fuse it, but if it ends up costing like 100 fuses, then that's about the same as buying a 5-link one, and if I used the Vorici fuse recipe, it would be clearly more expensive than buying one.

I guess that's why people go self-found, because it makes a drop like this pretty meaningless when you've already bought gear, and there's no consistency in overpaying to link something you found vs., if you really want one, just buying an already linked one. I don't regret buying gear, because I'm just not willing to go so long in between upgrades, but this makes me sad because I found Belly of the Beast yet it's no good.

Good observations, this is the kind of stuff I went through back when I was strictly self-imposed self-found for the first year and a half that I played PoE. I did eventually get lucky and 5-link an ordinary chest (and found two more to boot) but it did take a vast amount of trying at least by my standards back then. Totally a gamble. Belly only makes a 200-400 life difference though so I'd probably take the extra dps from a 5-link plain chest over a 4-link belly. That's similarly the same decision I made to use the 6-link white chest I found over a 6-link belly or something like that, not because I can't afford it but because I want the build to be affordable. (I know both are expensive unless someone finds it like I did but at least a white 6-link is only a third the cost of a linked belly.) Bottom line the very top end stuff for any build requires one to be at least decent at trading.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 28, 2015, 9:39:41 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:

Thanks for the compliment and welcome to the lazy pally. :)

I think I can calm you down for this :)

Here you get actual defence tab

75 / 80 / 75 / 12 while on 3.6K life and almost 1.3K ES

"
Fiktivus wrote:
I think I can calm you down for this :)

Here you get actual defence tab

75 / 80 / 75 / 12 while on 3.6K life and almost 1.3K ES

I'm calm, just concerned. :)

Ideally, you need another 1000 life there my friend. Unless ES is always full of course... but can't be assured. The usual setup has life on the rings and belt and more on the chest. On the other hand most of the things that would probably kill you would likely do so anyway. The usual stuff like not approaching certain rogues properly or opening certain strongboxes.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 29, 2015, 1:45:30 AM
Yes i know that life problem, and atm i'm going to search for some stuff that would be better for that. But i dont want to waste too much ex in thing that are not really endgame-ready. Per example my body armour - i dont want to spent much c's on rolling a crappy 5L, better wait for 6L to roll and craft. Rings, gloves the same.
"
Fiktivus wrote:
Yes i know that life problem, and atm i'm going to search for some stuff that would be better for that.

2.0 coming out is likely to shake things up quite a lot too, so you may want to wait until after the dust settles before investing in upgrades.
"
Sovyn wrote:

2.0 coming out is likely to shake things up quite a lot too, so you may want to wait until after the dust settles before investing in upgrades.

Yep, this might be a good idea. At the moment there are not so many things, that are causing big problems to me. OK, until now I dind't try Aziri on my own, also maps with a level > as -10 to my own. But everything between face-2-face Dominus and 75-77 maps goes well.

You are of cause right, Rogue Exiles who are jumping out of strongboxes sometimes make me sweat, but I think I can handle this.
I hit level 82. My current stats with auras are:

16K tooltip dps
4.4K life
67% block chance
54% physical mitigation
13% evade chance (I've been focusing on armor gear since Ondar's is getting nerfed)
negligible energy shield
75% on all elemental resists
-22% chaos resist

I recently sacrificed about 600 dps to gain 27% chaos resistance (bringing me to the numbers shown above) by taking off this -

and putting on this -

I don't understand the math that makes 10-20 flat physical come out to more than 23% physical + 6% elemental, but that's what the tooltip said. The life came out similar, with Meginord's slightly ahead on that front. I thought I should switch to the rare, because chaos resist seems to be one of my weakest points. I can still master craft it.

I'm probably a bit gimped on avoidance because the intent of the 1.3 version of the build is for you to have a good chunk of evasion and leverage it with Ondar's Guile. But it feel solid regardless. I've had some deaths which have slowed me down, but they have tended to be in freak/stupid situations such as:

-blew myself up with a corpse explosion strongbox (oops)
-died on the exploding zombie-summoning exile again (really need to stop trying it)
-pulled all three museum bosses by accident and died instead of bailing out when I should have
-forgot to put my shield back on after messing with my second-weapon-slot sockets (oops)
-spaced out on a Corrupted Blood rare and didn't staunch it (oops)

-Shock and Horror map boss (a Zana-quest Torture Chamber map) killed me super fast. Not even sure exactly what happened...it wasn't the beam thing - I was trying to kill the adds and I suddenly died - I'm guessing shocking ground + something. The Zana version of the map was lower level than the normal Torture Chamber map, so I thought the boss might be easier than the normal version, but either it wasn't, or it was still too hard anyhow.

As you can see, most of those were just me doing stupid stuff. I'll need to cut down on those sharply as the experience grind gets more punishing. It's hard though, because so much stuff is super easy, and then the danger can suddenly spike so quickly.

What's the most important stat to improve now? Maybe chaos resistance?
Last edited by Kamina100 on Jun 30, 2015, 2:29:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info