[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hi Sovyn,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Can you please help me out as to what I'm doing wrong and how can I improve my current gear? Can you also give me suggestions for which flasks to use?

Please see my gear below, I am only topping 21k DPS atm with 1.6k armor and 4k evasion. I have around 50 chaos resist tho and over 100 elemental resists.

My Gear
Spoiler

I really idolize your build so I try to stick as close to it as possible hehe. Any suggestions to further maximize my gear?
Last edited by pulse117 on Mar 24, 2015, 5:02:38 PM
"
Fathervic wrote:
First of all thanks for an awesome guide. This is definitely my fav build atm.
Sry for a noob question, but how come you don’t chose 18% phys dam in cruel, instead of skill point? Wouldn't it be better especially at high levels where you get enough skill points anyway?

Hello Vic,

Not that it is a bad choice but I don't recommend siding with Oak in Cruel as I believe the damage is better had on the tree, I'll take the skill point and get a damage node as good or better with it that I can cheaply and easily re-spec. I don't know how many times I've re-used that same point as GGG continually resets the skill tree. Controversial I know. I just picked up Retribution for example, which I would not have otherwise been able to afford yet. 14 damage+5 speed is better than 18 damage.

Hope this helps :)
"
pulse117 wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Can you please help me out as to what I'm doing wrong and how can I improve my current gear? Can you also give me suggestions for which flasks to use?

Please see my gear below, I am only topping 21k DPS atm with 1.6k armor and 4k evasion. I have around 50 chaos resist tho and over 100 elemental resists.

I really idolize your build so I try to stick as close to it as possible hehe. Any suggestions to further maximize my gear?

Hi Pulse, let me see if I can help a little.

Flasks - basically only need three in my opinion for the not-so-lazy setup anyway - two instant (bubbling, seething) divine flasks of staunching and one atziri's promise. What you put in the other two slots is up to you, I have lots of suggestions in the flask section of the guide.

Bigger gear tweaks - gloves: flat physical and higher attack speed, higher life (life leech is meh here), high armour if possible (see my gloves, those are ideal but usually expensive, I just got lucky). Ring 1: similar but with more life and flat physical, again luck is definitely involved with getting good rings at a price you can afford, same as with most any build. Ring 2: similar but with flat physical instead of the lightning.

Minor tweaks - armour on belt, more armour and life on helm (otherwise similar stats), good corruption on shield, quality increased duration and immortal call.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
pulse117 wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

Hi Pulse, let me see if I can help a little.

Flasks - basically only need three in my opinion for the not-so-lazy setup anyway - two instant (bubbling, seething) divine flasks of staunching and one atziri's promise. What you put in the other two slots is up to you, I have lots of suggestions in the flask section of the guide.

Bigger gear tweaks - gloves: flat physical and higher attack speed, higher life (life leech is meh here), high armour if possible (see my gloves, those are ideal but usually expensive, I just got lucky). Ring 1: similar but with more life and flat physical, again luck is definitely involved with getting good rings at a price you can afford, same as with most any build. Ring 2: similar but with flat physical instead of the lightning.

Minor tweaks - armour on belt, more armour and life on helm (otherwise similar stats), good corruption on shield, quality increased duration and immortal call.

thank you for your response Sovyn. Do you think those flat physical rolls really make a difference?
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Fathervic wrote:
First of all thanks for an awesome guide. This is definitely my fav build atm.
Sry for a noob question, but how come you don’t chose 18% phys dam in cruel, instead of skill point? Wouldn't it be better especially at high levels where you get enough skill points anyway?

Hello Vic,

Not that it is a bad choice but I don't recommend siding with Oak in Cruel as I believe the damage is better had on the tree, I'll take the skill point and get a damage node as good or better with it that I can cheaply and easily re-spec. I don't know how many times I've re-used that same point as GGG continually resets the skill tree. Controversial I know. I just picked up Retribution for example, which I would not have otherwise been able to afford yet. 14 damage+5 speed is better than 18 damage.

Hope this helps :)

Makes good sense, thanks a bunch!
"
Sovyn wrote:
Can't leech mana and less life leech too with physical to lightning so it's fairly useless for us. Elemental reflect is more of a problem also. The balance we have now, that is, some of every kind of damage, is great.

After some tests/reflexions I got some quick quetions ;)

1) When looking to "Static strike" damage-shit ingame and your screenshot in page1, it seems like we (both you and I) are already dealing a lot more Elem dmg than Phys dmmg, no ?
You have "386-714" Phys vs "3114-5921" Total !

In the end, I feel like "Phys to lightning" won't change a lot regarding leech/reflect, BUT it will increase significantly our DPS !
The gem won't hardly reduce the Phys -already low- damage of our DPS (same leech), and I have no pb at all with neither reflect.. :)

I'll give it a try I guess, and I'll try to get a belt with this :
http://poe.trade/search/inonameteyetur

Im still gathering info about how Shock works, ther's something to do around it maybe.. :p

(Edit : forget it about Shock.. ^^)
Last edited by Thanarchy on Mar 25, 2015, 12:06:05 PM
hey, pretty nice build, got one question, isn't Riposte for dual-wielding only? or does it work even if your using shield?
Poe Diary 1745234
IGN: Enefeaa
"
pulse117 wrote:

thank you for your response Sovyn. Do you think those flat physical rolls really make a difference?

yessir,

872 dps tooltip / ~1.5K estimated total DPS difference from the 3-9 physical master crafted on my leech ring:

1537 tooltip / ~2.8K estimated total DPS difference from the other ring with 8-13 physical:

And, 2957 tooltip / ~5.3K estimated total DPS difference from the gloves with 5-9 physical and 14% attack speed:

Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 25, 2015, 9:19:25 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
pulse117 wrote:

yessir, 872 dps tooltip / ~1.5K estimated total DPS difference from the 3-9 physical master crafted on my leech ring:

Obviously the dps difference from the 8-13 physical damage ring would be much more:

Wow! I never thought it made THAT much of a difference! Thank you Sovyn!
"
pulse117 wrote:

Wow! I never thought it made THAT much of a difference! Thank you Sovyn!

You're welcome! I updated my post above to show the exact differences from the other ring and the gloves as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info