[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
pulse117 wrote:
So a 1000 eva isnt recommended?

It works but I'm not sure that it's better overall than an ordinary Temu for the reasons mentioned above. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:

It works but I'm not sure that it's better overall than an ordinary Temu for the reasons mentioned above. :)

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and answer my questions Sovyn! Your explanations gave me more clarity in what I want to achieve in my goals. Thank you again!
Added free shield offer for new players (standard league only) to the guide. I put the list of shields in the display cabinet forum as that's probably what the moderators prefer.
Thanks a lot for the shield and knife. I appreciate it. Great guide.
Guess what I just did? That's right! I registered to the forums just to thank you for this guide. Been having a blast playing the lazy pally for a while now. I'm somewhat of a noob, so it's perfect for me ;) Lvl 84 @ ~20k dps atm, eleresist capped and +something on chaosresist, and that's without a single 20 quality gem (damn, levleing those takes loooooong).

Anyway, thanks again Sovyn!

"
Guess what I just did? That's right! I registered to the forums just to thank you for this guide. Been having a blast playing the lazy pally for a while now. I'm somewhat of a noob, so it's perfect for me ;) Lvl 84 @ ~20k dps atm, eleresist capped and +something on chaosresist, and that's without a single 20 quality gem (damn, levleing those takes loooooong).

Anyway, thanks again Sovyn!

Hi LazyPallyRules :)

Nice name!

Yes, leveling the gems took me quite a while especially since I leveled them all twice to get the 20 quality using the vendor recipe. The way that works in case you don't know already: level 20 gem + one gemcutter's prism to any vendor. They offer you a level 1 20 quality gem of the same type in return. Then you level it again.

The good news is that once you are doing high maps the gems level faster.

Thanks for posting and have fun!
"
Hi LazyPallyRules :)

Nice name!

Yes, leveling the gems took me quite a while especially since I leveled them all twice to get the 20 quality using the vendor recipe. The way that works in case you don't know already: level 20 gem + one gemcutter's prism to any vendor. They offer you a level 1 20 quality gem of the same type in return. Then you level it again.

The good news is that once you are doing high maps the gems level faster.

Thanks for posting and have fun!

Yeah, I know about that one. Thanks anyway. That's basically my next milestone (that and killing Atziri on this toon, killed her on a summoner already). Got some GCP lying in wait for when I get there, Faster Attacks should be the first one to hit 20 with Multistrike and Physical Damage in it's trail.

Somehow I'm kinda low on high-level maps and doing < lvl 70 maps feels slooooow, exp-wise. Found my first 73/75 maps today, but been doing 71/72s for a while now. On that topic: are there maps you skip(ped) cause of specific bosses? I follow the WIKI-list on maps for now (after Graveyard boss shat on me 10 times), but I was wondering about your experiences. Link provided because.. you know ;)

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Map

Last edited by LazyPallyRules on Apr 2, 2015, 7:23:42 PM
"
Yeah, I know about that one. Thanks anyway. That's basically my next milestone (that and killing Atziri on this toon, killed her on a summoner already). Got some GCP lying in wait for when I get there, Faster Attacks should be the first one to hit 20 with Multistrike and Physical Damage in it's trail.

Somehow I'm kinda low on high-level maps and doing < lvl 70 maps feels slooooow, exp-wise. Found my first 73/75 maps today, but been doing 71/72s for a while now. On that topic: are there maps you skip(ped) cause of specific bosses?

The only boss I usually skip is crematorium (76). She's on the last floor so I just stop after the 4th floor is clear. Pretty much everyone does the same.

You can do this boss with lvl 20 purity of fire though, if you want, as long as the mods are reasonable on the map (no - resists).

If you have some saved up currency you can also do public groups to get into high maps sooner (some public groups are even free if you are very patient).

I suppose torture chamber (72) boss is not worth it either unless you have a lot of practice doing her already on a character with nothing to lose.

Temple Piety (71) is usually a skip also but I can do her np. However at lower level it may have been touch and go.

Dominus 74 takes a little technique but doable.

Generally map bosses are not worth the risk for the little reward. Most are zero risk though so might as well.

There is also an endgame tips section in the guide with a lot of this info plus more.
Last edited by Sovyn on Apr 3, 2015, 12:39:46 AM
ages ago i started a templar, made it to 61 to become a 4+ aura's lightning striker and when i finally arrived in crueal a3, the nerf hitted and lightningstriker became a mule

with all the new content since then, i saw the trigger gems as a reason to revisit the idea of making a templar and found this little guide, bookmarked it and now have a templar that does 70+ maps very easy without insane gear. The other reason for starting it was that i found one of the mentioned shields and i had 2 sets of legacy rainbow striders that begged to be used.

Thanks for the comprehensive guide. I'm at 56% block and 3900 life and things are quite easy already and i'm only lvl 77, few days ago i was still under 65 :D
-Something in the way
"
Awoudex wrote:

Thanks for the comprehensive guide. I'm at 56% block and 3900 life and things are quite easy already and i'm only lvl 77, few days ago i was still under 65 :D

Welcome, Awoudex!

Glad you were able to revive your old character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info