[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
ToasterCow wrote:
If I could afford all the shields, which one would be the best pick for this build?

The one I am using, spell block corrupted Temu is pretty good. That said, Aegis Aurora (legacy if possible as you mentioned cost no object) may be even better. You would take the armor cluster near resolute technique and probably the one in Mara for the 2 points.
Updated my personal stats section today with current screenshots and new calculated DPS totals: 75,917 DPS peak, 62,802 DPS sustained. Not including whatever DPS counter-attacks, Temu and Tempest Shield are doing. If anyone has some math to figure that out, great, please share.
Can you please explain how you Manage to achieve 75% block chance with the 27 in the final tree 32 from shield 2 from corrupt amulet and 4 from tempest that is only 65....
"
bcain1787 wrote:
Can you please explain how you Manage to achieve 75% block chance with the 27 in the final tree 32 from shield 2 from corrupt amulet and 4 from tempest that is only 65....

37 block on the tree my friend. :)
My bad you are right I forgot to add in the part where it says from dual wielding or shield. So i should be able to reach 73% without the corrupt lazhwar cause i need the int from the amulet..
"
bcain1787 wrote:
My bad you are right I forgot to add in the part where it says from dual wielding or shield. So i should be able to reach 73% without the corrupt lazhwar cause i need the int from the amulet..

You can master craft 2% block on your gloves then. :) Or, do like me and get INT from ring, chest, etc.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
ToasterCow wrote:
If I could afford all the shields, which one would be the best pick for this build?

The one I am using, spell block corrupted Temu is pretty good. That said, Aegis Aurora (legacy if possible as you mentioned cost no object) may be even better. You would take the armor cluster near resolute technique and probably the one in Mara for the 2 points.

Alright, with the shields outta the way and chosen, which would be a better choice, Doryani's or Soul taker?
"
ToasterCow wrote:
which would be a better choice, Doryani's or Soul taker?

Soul Taker would do less DPS than Doryani's Catalyst. Not sure about legacy Soul Taker but I think it would be about the same DPS as the Doryani's Catalyst. Try to get a good roll Doryani's Catalyst as it's still very cheap compared to Soul Taker (my Doryani's for example cost me 2.5ex (2 exalted 16 chaos), but you may pay a little more as it was a very good deal.).

With Soul Taker you can fit Herald of Ice in addition to what we always run. This may or may not make the Soul Taker pull ahead (I doubt it in the case of the regular non-legacy model).

Half regen maps are pretty much a moot issue now that we take Unrelenting sooner so that's another reason not to bother with a Soul Taker.
I know I've posted a lot of questions, but this one will be the last (I hope). Been hearing a lot about how Physical to Lightning is great with static strike, so I was wondering if I could replace a gem like added fire damage (using BoR) and still have the build being viable.
"
ToasterCow wrote:
I know I've posted a lot of questions, but this one will be the last (I hope). Been hearing a lot about how Physical to Lightning is great with static strike, so I was wondering if I could replace a gem like added fire damage (using BoR) and still have the build being viable.

Keep the questions coming as far as I'm concerned.

I did test phys to light and did not find it that great but I did not level it much.

The one thing that was definitely noticeable is that mana leech did not work so I was out of mana and unable to attack most of the time. Hard to do DPS that way! Also elemental reflect would be slightly more of an issue, so I did not see any upside.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info