[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

As a silly mistake was pointed out to me in the Endgame Tips section (thanks), I updated that today with a few minor changes. :)
Changed this build a bit. I think my version is pretty superior. I'd like to hear your opinions

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUATwSvbEz_aPI8LfAfd-PE9sauogCuPnKpPQ-3Pmeb9zIki_4K5FF82QY52L1QR8Aa-6o1ku8OGjjzBrXyFCCQVVFgbqpfP0rIGj4_J37iKk15ORUgLOnRNsrTCTMZtOIsvqdlTb02R36E2S_MtorBgmLshO907XrvBS1gS14TQKDAv6mVDPesrxuXMk4nL-nV8i9DyASzpDnQgUfiIuL-VA3NK1AcznwOp1VboMBmgpvsOO98n98Km-965wrTfj3iSO54rhut9qOvp_rSZp7jahZvNukkqjwFmjs=

Level 89 (109/120)

Some stats: 70 int, 300 str, 140 dex

38IAS
186% dmg
20% reduced cost
+29% block
400 def from shield
60% life recovery from flasks (big!)
182% life
6% movespeed
6% life regen
49% ele resist
20% chaos

So, with devoto's, we're netural on our HP loss from BR with just the passives. Any addition chaos res will boost your hp regen.

49% ele resist means you only need some resists on your gear and you can more easily get: high life + whatever else. 182% max life means you can lol at stuff with 5k+ hp, 63% block with tempest and 35+% chance to evade.

No ondar's guile - it's a waste IMO. We're already at ~70% chance to block or evade projectiles. Ondars only gives us a negligible 20% increase and projectiles don't generally hurt that much. For 5 points, it's junk imo.

Links are staying secret for now, but they are much better as well, imo.

Hi awesome guide
i have question what gems should I stop leveling at a particular level and whats the particular level ?
thanks in advance
"
posterier wrote:
Changed this build a bit. I think my version is pretty superior. I'd like to hear your opinions

Hi posterier, yes, I know we can take life nodes instead of block nodes, but this is a max block build. Block is an alternative form of defense... one of the few...

With my current gear -

Yours: 67 block / 50 spell block

Mine: 75 block / 56 spell block (soon 60)

There is some difference there.

Damage:

Lose some due to fewer blocks (counter-attacks)

On the surface, mine is better damage wise, but only if you use a sword. Otherwise, yours. However, as I take Inner Force, we can get a little more out of the buffs like hatred, etc., leading to a bit more DPS overall (I do about 50K AOE DPS.) Of course, 1% extra block from TS as a side benefit. I think my build might be better overall in the damage department, in the final analysis.

Other than that, taking Amplify sooner is not a bad move.

Resists:

Yours has 9 more elemental resists, very negligible, 20 chaos resist extra is nice but not required as my gear provides more than enough chaos resist, but I can see how it could make gearing a bit easier, especially for self-found.

Other:

Ondar's is definitely not a waste, only costs 2 points for a max block build to pick it up. It's a noticeable difference in some situations.

Other than that, any differences are too small to quibble over, IMHO.

To each their own.
"
666callme wrote:
Hi awesome guide
i have question what gems should I stop leveling at a particular level and whats the particular level ?
thanks in advance

Hi 666callme :)

The only gems to watch out for are the cast when damage taken combos. Those you should stop leveling them at the levels specified in the guide.

Also, for gems that require intelligence or even dexterity early on, you might want to make sure you are not leveling them higher than your base stats without any gear on, if you will be upgrading the equipment slot that provides int/dex, otherwise you could end up with a situation where you can no longer equip the gem. Not a big deal if you have a few scouring orbs on hand. (gem + scour at vendor = -1 gem level)

Other than that, level everything as high as you can.
Sovyn, I'm so tempted to run hyaon's with this build but I think it might rip to ele reflect to hard. erggg. 480 dps ele sword for like a couple chaos or less. arrr

really great guide btw - you covered so much. I think I might have to try a version of this for fun. Counter attack, block, static strike or cyclone pally sounds so trolly but fun.
Last edited by posterier on Jan 22, 2015, 9:01:09 PM
"
posterier wrote:
Sovyn, I'm so tempted to run hyaon's with this build but I think it might rip to ele reflect to hard. erggg. 480 dps ele sword for like a couple chaos or less. arrr

I have one, so I tested it (again).

Sadly, my DPS fell from 50K to under 20K using this sword with static strike. I think it's because Static scales so well from physical damage and this sword has little.

With 6-link cyclone (6th is blood magic) it has almost 5K tooltip, not very impressive but cyclone has a tendency to be better than the tooltip would have you believe.

Still, I think one would have to build for the sword specifically.

As to reflect, the build would not do enough elemental damage with this weapon for it to matter. :)
Thanks for the Great Guide, i´m currently leveling with this build and its amazingly fun.

For leveling i linked life on hit with Reckoning and Vengeance. I literally can´t die currently (lvl 39).

What are your thoughts on Vaal Molten Shell?
I got it with a lvl 1 Iron Will and increased duration and it destroys Groups (and Piety in her fire Form[faster attacks from her :p]).
And it recharges really fast.
"
Ryukamui wrote:
Thanks for the Great Guide, i´m currently leveling with this build and its amazingly fun.

For leveling i linked life on hit with Reckoning and Vengeance. I literally can´t die currently (lvl 39).

What are your thoughts on Vaal Molten Shell?
I got it with a lvl 1 Iron Will and increased duration and it destroys Groups (and Piety in her fire Form[faster attacks from her :p]).
And it recharges really fast.

Hi :) I did try Vaal Molten Shell early last year and it seemed nice but having to recharge it and possibly manually activate was not as lazy or as consistent as I'd like. Plus, in end game it was not super damage or anything, just nice to have. It's not a total waste of a slot. Good to hear it working well in early game.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Hi :) I did try Vaal Molten Shell early last year and it seemed nice but having to recharge it and possibly manually activate was not as lazy or as consistent as I'd like. Plus, in end game it was not super damage or anything, just nice to have. It's not a total waste of a slot. Good to hear it working well in early game.

For leveling i can recommend it fully, bit sad its not as good lategame.

For some rough stats:
Currently lasts for 15 seconds (lvl 6 increased duration + lvl 1 Iron Will)
Every hit i get during the time makes an explosion for 240-359 Fire Damage as a small AoE.
Considering a Static strike does about 235.5 DPS for me its an amazing burst + Defense

Anyways, thanks for answer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info