[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Thanks for your quick reply. My guild thought the shield was worth about 10c, so when I paid 55c I felt bad :(. However, I don't think they realize that i gives me 7500 added to my evasion rating thanks to all the shield defense nodes you recommend. I look forward to posting my complete build once I follow all the advice you gave dlguiga a few weeks ago.

Also, I am undefeated in pvp thus far, as most people end up killing themselves by attacking me even if I am afk (how much lazier could you be?). What percentage do you think the returned damage of the temmu has to do with this vs the triggers and molten shell?
Last edited by Chronk on Feb 1, 2015, 1:36:17 AM
"
Chronk wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply. My guild thought the shield was worth about 10c, so when I paid 55c I felt bad :(. However, I don't think they realize that i gives me 7500 added to my evasion rating thanks to all the shield defense nodes you recommend. I look forward to posting my complete build once I follow all the advice you gave dlguiga a few weeks ago.

Also, I am undefeated in pvp thus far, as most people end up killing themselves by attacking me even if I am afk (how much lazier could you be?). What percentage do you think the returned damage of the temmu has to do with this vs the triggers and molten shell?

You got a good deal. Yes, we got a huge buff to shield defenses in 1.3 which enabled me to remove grace and still come out ahead, but especially so in your case.

I've heard the build is quite good in pvp but have not tried it myself! 500 damage on block from Temu vs. 4301 on block from reckoning + riposte and another 1967 damage if I get hit. So, that part of Temu is small compared to the counter-attacks. My counter-attacks are only level 17 and no supports. If someone hits us with fast attack speed in pvp, it would hurt, big time. Depends on what their build is. :)
Personal note - got the colors changed on the spell block shield:

Then came changing the colors on the claw - made the mistake of using the two red socket recipe a few times, always rolled blue for the third, should have gone for two red and one green to start with. :) So it cost about one exalted worth of chromes to get it done:

There you have it.
Hi Sovyn, first of all, thanks for posting a so complete and easy to follow guide.

I would like to ask you something- if you could please take a look at my build.

I am having trouble not to die, did it vs. Megera, 4 times in Atziri's map, Kole from the Colonnade map, and sometimes even vs. VoidBearers. (Im at level 83, and dying on maps from 69 and over)

Tree
Passive skill tree build

Defenses & Static Strike Without Blood Rage charges enabled.

Maybe I just suck at this game? =(

Thank you very much in advance

regards

** I
Last edited by Ttanik on Feb 4, 2015, 8:19:41 PM
"
Ttanik wrote:
Hi Sovyn, first of all, thanks for posting a so complete and easy to follow guide.

I would like to ask you something- if you could please take a look at my build.

regards

Hi Ttanik!

Glad you found the guide useful.

Here's how to improve your build:

1) More life on gear like gloves, helmet, rings, boots. I know it's tempting to use other items, but everything needs to have at least 60 life on it. It's a basic cornerstone for any melee build.

2) Instant life flasks. (bubbling, seething) In a pinch you hammer these, will reduce risk of dying. Surgeon's does nothing for us. Staunching is good though.

3) More spell block, you don't have any right now. Stone of lazhwar and rainbowstrides are my choice. No life, but good survivability boost. Lazhwar and high life boots are an option.

4) Use purity auras as needed for the over-cap resists, e.g. Purity of Fire for Megera. Losing a dps aura while doing these kinds of bosses is acceptable. I'd also recommend for any build to skip certain bosses when close to leveling, not worth the risk. :) Do like our hardcore brothers!
Wow, thats a very fast reply!

Thank you again for ur time and dedication on helping us with your build guide.

I'll get the rainbowstride + gonna try to trade my belt, gloves and helmet. Kinda sad cause it was hard to find and make the links/colors but I guess that is what the game is all about (complexity :p )

Thanks!
"
Ttanik wrote:
I guess that is what the game is all about (complexity :p )

Thanks!

Yes, that's what keeps me going two years later. :) I love long term games though. Played Diablo 1, Diablo 2, Ultima Online and Everquest too much to mention in the past. Also relatively complex games.

No problem, friend.
"
02-03-2015 -- Tweaked the weapons area of the gear section to mention good uniques

That needed updating badly. :) Much better now.

In related news, I picked up a Doryani's Catalyst to test. It's much cheaper than a good claw like what I was using, so I thought I should finally give it a try. I got a pretty good roll:

Need to fix the colors, but it's just a test.

DPS went up a little. On paper, looks like 2000 more dps. It's not so much on the tooltip, only approximately 1000 or so but after you figure in the explosions, it's 2000. At around 50K dps either way, it's really a minor difference.

The exciting thing is the Doryani's Catalyst is much more budget friendly than a 350 PDPS claw. You know me, always looking for the best affordable gear for my guide. I still put this in the rich person's section though, even though it's far cheaper than the other options listed there.

I was expecting to have mana problems in my testing as physical damage went down a little, but no issues so far in several high maps. I have not tried a 50% regen map yet (which were fine with the higher physical damage claw).

Unfortunately I can't use whirling blades with this. Whirling blades with 20/20 faster attacks is very nice for getting around quickly. My run speed feels sooooo slow in comparison. I'll have to settle for leap slam, which has different advantages.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
02-03-2015 -- Tweaked the weapons area of the gear section to mention good uniques

That needed updating badly. :) Much better now.

In related news, I picked up a Doryani's Catalyst to test. It's much cheaper than a good claw like what I was using, so I thought I should finally give it a try. I got a pretty good roll:

Need to fix the colors, but it's just a test.

DPS went up a little. On paper, looks like 2000 more dps. It's not so much on the tooltip, only approximately 1000 or so but after you figure in the explosions, it's 2000. At around 50K dps either way, it's really a minor difference.

The exciting thing is the Doryani's Catalyst is much more budget friendly than a 350 PDPS claw. You know me, always looking for the best affordable gear for my guide. I still put this in the rich person's section though, even though it's far cheaper than the other options listed there.

I was expecting to have mana problems in my testing as physical damage went down a little, but no issues so far in several high maps. I have not tried a 50% regen map yet (which were fine with the higher physical damage claw).

Unfortunately I can't use whirling blades with this. Whirling blades with 20/20 faster attacks is very nice for getting around quickly. My run speed feels sooooo slow in comparison. I'll have to settle for leap slam, which has different advantages.

I like this as I prefer Leap Slam as movement skill :)
Sovyn, those 12/12/12/24% at the level 90 passive skills doesnt make any difference on dps relevance when wielding an one handed sword instead of this mace?

Thanks
Last edited by Ttanik on Feb 5, 2015, 1:22:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info