[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hehe, found another gimmicky unique that somewhat fits a block build, at least until I start mapping and pick up a better rare:

Gonna see how it works with Desecrated Ground popping up each time I block :)

EDIT: Seems to me that after the block nerfs they put in a bunch of new uniques that support block builds. Most of them low level uniques, though.
Last edited by Stefacle on Feb 11, 2015, 5:50:33 AM
"
Stefacle wrote:
Seems to me that after the block nerfs they put in a bunch of new uniques that support block builds. Most of them low level uniques, though.

It is a neat low-ish level chest. Let us know what you think of it.

The only new block unique I am aware of after 1.3 is the Great Old One's Ward which was actually designed by a fellow lazy pally for this build, but that was before we dropped grace as they added all those good shield defenses nodes. Turned out to be a little expensive probably because of all of the facebreaker crowd. The intention was that it would be a good leveling unique for us but GGG evidently tuned the drop rate to be too rare.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Stefacle wrote:
Seems to me that after the block nerfs they put in a bunch of new uniques that support block builds. Most of them low level uniques, though.

It is a neat low-ish level chest. Let us know what you think of it.

The only new block unique I am aware of after 1.3 is the Great Old One's Ward which was actually designed by a fellow lazy pally for this build, but that was before we dropped grace as they added all those good shield defenses nodes. Turned out to be a little expensive probably because of all of the facebreaker crowd. The intention was that it would be a good leveling unique for us but GGG evidently tuned the drop rate to be too rare.

Going well so far!

It's fun with Desecrated ground all around me constantly, hehe.

And then this dropped:

Can't believe my luck!

Never had a Rainbowstride drop for me before. Unfortunately the rolls are low though. Considering using my one and only Divine orb on it to see if I can get a better roll.

EDIT: Well, did use my Divine and a few more orbs, and this was the outcome:

Not bad at all :)
Last edited by Stefacle on Feb 11, 2015, 4:49:11 PM
"
Stefacle wrote:

EDIT: Well, did use my Divine and a few more orbs, and this was the outcome:

Not bad at all :)

Congrats! :D
After a long break from PoE, the skill tree is little foreign to me now so I've been following your build. I'm very keen on getting an Aegis Aurora for my lazy pally so I was wondering if there are any changes to your skill tree that you'd suggest if I decide to pump a lot more ES into my character?
"
Arkrow wrote:
After a long break from PoE, the skill tree is little foreign to me now so I've been following your build. I'm very keen on getting an Aegis Aurora for my lazy pally so I was wondering if there are any changes to your skill tree that you'd suggest if I decide to pump a lot more ES into my character?

Welcome back, Arkrow.

Aegis is a bit more expensive route. You would want good rolled evasion/es and armour/es hybrid armour, which is premium.

You might want Faith and Steel for 2 points. Unyielding for 3 points, perhaps. The build is pretty tight though, it would have to come off your life, block or dps.

"
Sovyn wrote:

Welcome back, Arkrow.

Aegis is a bit more expensive route. You would want good rolled evasion/es and armour/es hybrid armour, which is premium.

You might want Faith and Steel for 2 points. Unyielding for 3 points, perhaps. The build is pretty tight though, it would have to come off your life, block or dps.

Thanks! I've been looking to get back into PoE but other stuff has been getting in the way. I'm happy to see all of the updates though (confusing as it all seems again).

Would it be viable to focus entirely on Armour/ES (dropping pretty much all evasion from gear) and drop Ondar's Guile (and the 4 dex nodes to get there) to pick up both Faith and Steel and Unyielding? Or is evasion the better option in this build?
Last edited by Arkrow on Feb 11, 2015, 6:28:55 PM
"
Arkrow wrote:

Would it be viable to focus entirely on Armour/ES (dropping pretty much all evasion from gear) and drop Ondar's Guile (and the 4 dex nodes to get there) to pick up both Faith and Steel and Unyielding? Or is evasion the better option in this build?

It works either way, but I do like evasion/Ondar's. Atziri is all about player skill with a budget build (less than 100 ex), aegis makes no difference one way or the other. Might help a little on some lower map bosses but I can do those either way. Just get your spell block up.

If you do go aegis you can just get your armor from shield due to increased defenses nodes maybe another piece or two, then high evasion chest or something. It's possible to have some of both which is best.
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 11, 2015, 7:36:39 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:

It works either way, but I do like evasion/Ondar's. Atziri is all about player skill with a budget build (less than 100 ex), aegis makes no difference one way or the other. Might help a little on some lower map bosses but I can do those either way. Just get your spell block up.

If you do go aegis you can just get your armor from shield due to increased defenses nodes maybe another piece or two, then high evasion chest or something. It's possible to have some of both which is best.

Gotcha. I just always thought it is preferable to stack 1 or 2 defense stats instead of spreading too thin on all three.

Thanks for all the help! It's nice to get back into it all with a bit of advice.
All right folks, I posted a new video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlK82Ru2Dgo

Very messy first run at Atziri. I was tempted to run this a few times and get the technique down before posting but decided to post the very first run. You can see I got a little better toward the very end. The fight is definitely all about player skill. I messed up a bunch! One thing I noticed is that gear/aura selection does not seem to matter much. I tried different things. Instead, it's all about dodging at the right moments. Enjoy.

I think I may do another video after a couple more runs, see if I can get my groove, then post the better video to the first page.

PS I did remove my curse gem as I heard Atziri reflects curses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info