[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

So, got this new unique (I think) as a random drop yesterday, and was wondering whether I should actually use this or stick with the Perandus Buckler for leveling to Merciless.

Any thoughts, or anybody who has actually tried this shield yet?
"
Stefacle wrote:
So, got this new unique (I think) as a random drop yesterday, and was wondering whether I should actually use this or stick with the Perandus Buckler for leveling to Merciless.

I got one a few days ago too.

I don't think it's good for us as I'd rather apply a level 20 elemental weakness consistently rather than a variety of different curses.

No life, low defenses, block could be better. Too many issues. :)
Someone was kind enough to sell me this for 10 chaos:

I plan to use Vorici's "one green socket" recipe to change the colors to all green, then alter the weapon's colors using the "two red" recipe as the most economical route.

This won't happen soon though as I may just wait for my buddy to get to level 8 Vorici (he's not that far).
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Stefacle wrote:

I got one a few days ago too.

I don't think it's good for us as I'd rather apply a level 20 elemental weakness consistently rather than a variety of different curses.

No life, low defenses, block could be better. Too many issues. :)

Thanks Sovyn, the lack of life and resistances was kind of what held me back from this shield as well.

Think I'll just stick to the Perandus until I get my hands on the Thousand Teeth Temu :)
"
Stefacle wrote:
Think I'll just stick to the Perandus until I get my hands on the Thousand Teeth Temu :)

Probably the best plan, unless you find a high evasion, high block, high life 'rare' shield first. :) Being able to drop grace opens up some fun possibilities.
So after about two years without playing this game, I downloaded it again last week to play in Bloodlines and followed this build. So far it has been quite successful, but I'm not sure what I can do to increase my damage anymore. I'm at 67 and even though I think my survivability is great, I don't think I'm dealing a good dps for the higher level stuff yet. I'm also having problems with intelligence requirements so I had to pick the +30 int node next to the templar tree.

Passive tree is just like the guide suggests, I think: http://poeurl.com/zbVvYBk

Do you guys have any suggestions to make my character stronger?
"
dlguiga wrote:
So after about two years without playing this game, I downloaded it again last week to play in Bloodlines and followed this build. So far it has been quite successful, but I'm not sure what I can do to increase my damage anymore. ......

Do you guys have any suggestions to make my character stronger?

Hi dlguiga. :)

Lots of things:

flat physical + attack speed on gloves

more flat physical + attack speed on rings

quality on attack skill gem and supports

white 6-link chest as stats on yours are not too hard to replicate

attack speed corruption on anvil (or switch to lazhwar)

elemental damage on belt (master craft perhaps)

damage curse instead of enfeeble on your COH setup (elemental weakness)

three link shield and add blood rage when you have more chaos resist

Don't forget to multiply your tooltip dps * 1.7 to figure in the explosions - I'm at 50K now

DPS will go up when you get a few more levels as we take some good damage nodes

Have fun!
Hello!

So...I'm using a Brightbeak on a lvl 28 char, and I was wondering - when should I swap it out for a better weapon?

And afterwards, at which level/stage (lv60, a1m, etc...) should I upgrade my weapon? Or do I have to do it every level?

Also...Blood Rage at -60% Chaos res would probably be a bad idea, right?
Last edited by Aerhyce on Jan 19, 2015, 1:34:34 PM
"
Aerhyce wrote:
Hello!

So...I'm using a Brightbeak on a lvl 28 char, and I was wondering - when should I swap it out for a better weapon?

And afterwards, at which level/stage (lv60, a1m, etc...) should I upgrade my weapon? Or do I have to do it every level?

Also...Blood Rage at -60% Chaos res would probably be a bad idea, right?

Hi Aerhyce!

You upgrade whenever clear speed feels too slow.

Mightflay is an option at level 35 if you can do the stat requirements.

Brightbeak is 72 dps, mightflay is 130. It's also possible to get a rare weapon that is better than mightflay at level 40 or even before.

Assuming you are on Torment, go here and click the number under 'pDPS' on the first entry for a sorted list of the best weapons for sale under level 40. For later levels just adjust the value under requirements/level. Usually there is something affordable that would be an upgrade.

We do take some life regen nodes and leech on gear which helps to sustain blood rage. You might be able to do it in normal difficulty or maybe even cruel, but in merciless the -60 chaos resist is a bit too much so you would need chaos resists from gear to sustain CWDT/Blood Rage combo. That's why I suggest it for endgame as chaos resist on gear tends to be a bit more expensive. The 15% attack speed that blood rage provides is more of an icing on the cake type of thing, not a cornerstone of the build or anything like that.
Okay!
Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info