[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
seiferoth10 wrote:
Yes, 6k is just dandy. I have very good gear, and my dps is only 8k (mainly because I use Dominating Blow instead of Infernal or Heavy Strike), and I get by just fine. I know you can get into the low 30s, but that's with making sacrifices defensively, which I avoided.

If I was at 6k dps, I'd focus on maxing my defensive stats (and gear) first. Any dps above 6k is just a luxury imo.

Not a luxury with other builds, but a luxury with builds like Sovyns? thanks guys, its my first char and I think its quite solid considering. Just really cautious and I want to get the most out of it, and I dont like it when I dont have the stats I think I should have when really its all normal. So I guess I need to just farm to get more DPS :) what sort of upgrades can I go for? if you add my Ingamename on my main steam account : sionthedude Ill link you my gear when you got time! maybe you can help, or just tell me here what sort of things I can get.
Last edited by siontheman on Nov 10, 2013, 3:43:52 PM
"
siontheman wrote:

with everything all in all would you say my DPS is fine for the build? obviously I just need gear, but for a starter character I think its fine for my first char in Wraeclast. But I think I am looking for something more aggressive with abit of defence. A Marauder! but yes would you say my templar just needs gear? I mean he just doesn't die but its just DPS which can only get better through gear? and maybe links? but I cant run 2 auras and have over 6k dps anyway because of mana reserved

using like 4 things linked, makes like 37 mana cost and I only got like 60 left to use with 2 auras so im kinda screwed xD I guess I could drop Determination and take up Hatred and Grace? Im not sure

Your DPS is fine for a physical damage tank. Other builds are doing to die, and die, and die some more in Merciless and Maps. Unless you play dual totem or something. Talk about boring.

I don't see why you can't chain your skill at 37 mana cost with 60 mana. Just need 2% mana leech on gear.

My skill costs 28 mana and I have 57 mana available.

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
siontheman wrote:

with everything all in all would you say my DPS is fine for the build? obviously I just need gear, but for a starter character I think its fine for my first char in Wraeclast. But I think I am looking for something more aggressive with abit of defence. A Marauder! but yes would you say my templar just needs gear? I mean he just doesn't die but its just DPS which can only get better through gear? and maybe links? but I cant run 2 auras and have over 6k dps anyway because of mana reserved

using like 4 things linked, makes like 37 mana cost and I only got like 60 left to use with 2 auras so im kinda screwed xD I guess I could drop Determination and take up Hatred and Grace? Im not sure

Your DPS is fine for a physical damage tank. Other builds are doing to die, and die, and die some more in Merciless and Maps. Unless you play dual totem or something. Talk about boring.

I don't see why you can't chain your skill at 37 mana cost with 60 mana. Just need 2% mana leech on gear.

My skill costs 28 mana and I have 57 mana available.

Okay so the DPS is fine :D and okay well I have the bronzescale gloves.. for mana leech and well if i 5 link the spell and make it cost 37 mana it just doesnt work. It is close but I end up using normal attacks at times.. on the DPS side I was just curious because my mate was telling it was taking me ages to kill these blue mobs in a 67 Arsenal map, it felt fine for me but he said it looks like it was taking me ages. Maybe its how the build plays? I just dont know?
"
Dragosani wrote:
immortal call or molten shell or both for cast on damage taken?

For your first cast on damage taken that you will leave at level 1, enduring cry, molten shell, enfeeble

For your second cast on damage taken that you will level up a little bit, you can put immortal call and increased duration, and maybe even decoy totem on there. This is just a safety net to ensure you don't die.
"
Reloads wrote:

This is my Current Progress in the build been using it and having tons of fun and seems to be working well I am going 69+ maps solo.

Most of my gear is self-found.

Thanks for this awesome build

My pleasure, Reloads! Looking good. :)
"
siontheman wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

What gems did you have socketed into that BoR? Levels, quality?

I had Heavy strike, added fire damage, dmg on full life.

You forgot multistrike. :)

Need to quality those gems if you want more DPS. I don't know if buying new 20 quality gems is cheaper than using 20 GCP on each one. Something for you to check out.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
siontheman wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

What gems did you have socketed into that BoR? Levels, quality?

I had Heavy strike, added fire damage, dmg on full life.

You forgot multistrike. :)

Need to quality those gems if you want more DPS. I don't know if buying new 20 quality gems is cheaper than using 20 GCP on each one. Something for you to check out.

Aye YES but Yeah, if i quality probably will get more dps, but until then I just need to farm on my templar now? :)
"
siontheman wrote:

Aye YES but Yeah, if i quality probably will get more dps, but until then I just need to farm on my templar now? :)

Since it's your first character, you have to get some currency together to improve it. Everyone has been through that unless self found. You are comparing with people who have played much longer and are much richer than you are.
"
siontheman wrote:
"
seiferoth10 wrote:
Yes, 6k is just dandy. I have very good gear, and my dps is only 8k (mainly because I use Dominating Blow instead of Infernal or Heavy Strike), and I get by just fine. I know you can get into the low 30s, but that's with making sacrifices defensively, which I avoided.

If I was at 6k dps, I'd focus on maxing my defensive stats (and gear) first. Any dps above 6k is just a luxury imo.

Not a luxury with other builds, but a luxury with builds like Sovyns? thanks guys, its my first char and I think its quite solid considering. Just really cautious and I want to get the most out of it, and I dont like it when I dont have the stats I think I should have when really its all normal. So I guess I need to just farm to get more DPS :) what sort of upgrades can I go for? if you add my Ingamename on my main steam account : sionthedude Ill link you my gear when you got time! maybe you can help, or just tell me here what sort of things I can get.

I may have assumed you had 6k with splash. You're using Heavy Strike right? And you removed melee splash to get the mana cost reasonably low? That's not what I would go with, no splash really bogs you down. Of course the better combos are more resource demanding. When I had a BoR I was using Blood Magic instead of mana leech. Yeah it's more dangerous, but it allows you to run the better combos and still have the auras you want, you just have to make sure you have good life leech gear and innate life regen to counteract the life cost of your skill.

Sovyn runs without melee splash and I don't know how he stands it, I just can't live without my splash.
"
seiferoth10 wrote:
"
siontheman wrote:
"
seiferoth10 wrote:

I may have assumed you had 6k with splash. You're using Heavy Strike right? And you removed melee splash to get the mana cost reasonably low? That's not what I would go with, no splash really bogs you down. Of course the better combos are more resource demanding. When I had a BoR I was using Blood Magic instead of mana leech. Yeah it's more dangerous, but it allows you to run the better combos and still have the auras you want, you just have to make sure you have good life leech gear and innate life regen to counteract the life cost of your skill.

Sovyn runs without melee splash and I don't know how he stands it, I just can't live without my splash.

I can do it man, yeah 6k without splash? is this OKAY? or not good? I just dont know if my build is ok? like my friends tell me its shit cus it takes long to kill, but from what i hear its all respectable? :D :D what should I do from here?

farm currency I guess, but do what with it?
Last edited by siontheman on Nov 10, 2013, 4:33:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info