[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
siontheman wrote:
Hey Sovyn, Another question. I got my buckler all my stats are perfect now max block, 35% chance to avoid and like 36% damage reduction with max resist. BUT still my issue is just DPS? is 6.3k the baseline DPS you are going to get with this build? I tryed my mates high rolled BoR last night and ALL I gained was 800 dps, 6.3k - 7.1k? 6.3k and both 7.1k is just slow IMHO, Yeah I am tanky as anything but I just don't kill fast enough and how am I to ever get more DPS? if my BoR was supposed to? because using determination and grace to maintain the stats in your build work defensively and I can run around with 6k dps but meanwhile it feels like watching paint dry to kill a rare atleast.

EDIT : Unless ofcourse this is where the build was aimed at? not amazingly high DPS but enough to kill and defensive enough not to die? I just dont get how come people get like 30k.. its beyond me, unless its just standing in town showing off..

Yes, this is a tanky build per the title, not a glass cannon. Other builds die a lot more!

7K physical is very respectable. You can clear a map in only a few minutes with that. That's plenty fast enough for me.

Remember, folks posting huge elemental damage numbers in other builds are getting most of that damage resisted in the end game as monsters are very resistant to elemental damage and less so to physical.

What gems did you have socketed into that BoR? Levels, quality?
"
mehyav wrote:
Level 36 now and here's my stuff
the last 8 levels were lots of fun....

Looks like a good start mehyav! Keep the upgrades rolling. :)

This is my Current Progress in the build been using it and having tons of fun and seems to be working well I am going 69+ maps solo.

Most of my gear is self-found.

Thanks for this awesome build
Last edited by Reloads on Nov 10, 2013, 2:23:23 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
siontheman wrote:
Hey Sovyn, Another question. I got my buckler all my stats are perfect now max block, 35% chance to avoid and like 36% damage reduction with max resist. BUT still my issue is just DPS? is 6.3k the baseline DPS you are going to get with this build? I tryed my mates high rolled BoR last night and ALL I gained was 800 dps, 6.3k - 7.1k? 6.3k and both 7.1k is just slow IMHO, Yeah I am tanky as anything but I just don't kill fast enough and how am I to ever get more DPS? if my BoR was supposed to? because using determination and grace to maintain the stats in your build work defensively and I can run around with 6k dps but meanwhile it feels like watching paint dry to kill a rare atleast.

EDIT : Unless ofcourse this is where the build was aimed at? not amazingly high DPS but enough to kill and defensive enough not to die? I just dont get how come people get like 30k.. its beyond me, unless its just standing in town showing off..

Yes, this is a tanky build per the title, not a glass cannon. Other builds die a lot more!

7K physical is very respectable. You can clear a map in only a few minutes with that. That's plenty fast enough for me.

Remember, folks posting huge elemental damage numbers in other builds are getting most of that damage resisted in the end game as monsters are very resistant to elemental damage and less so to physical.

I had Heavy strike, added fire damage, dmg on full life. I had no reason to put anything in there. I had to take dmg on full life out because I couldnt sustain the mana costs. so 2 linked with the other things the BoR added. I get 8.2k now if I replace Determination with Hatred. ALL QUALITY 0 and around level 17 - 18.

Just tell me what can I do from here? is 6k where most people would be considering how long ive played? at where I am in the build is it just a case of farming currency to buy stuff now?? i only borrowed the BoR to see!
Last edited by siontheman on Nov 10, 2013, 2:28:14 PM
"
Styrkor wrote:
hey sovyns can you integrate a dream combo skill gemmes / stuff for player can buy/trade plz for optimize a maximum your guide (cause you are a self looter) :D. Feed back came soon ;)

Hello Styrkor. :)

Here is the shopping list for a dream setup:

Legacy Soul Taker 360 DPS or Rare 400+ DPS

High Roll Bringer of Rain socketed with 20% quality heavy strike, 20% quality added fire damage, 20% quality melee physical on full life, 20% quality melee splash (if using soul taker)

Rare boots movement speed 30%, 80+ life, resists, high armour+ES

Gloves physical damage, attack speed, 80+ life, high armour+ES

Belt Meginord's Girdle or rare with high armour+ES, resists, life

Rings with mana leech if needed, resists, ES, life, physical damage, mana regen

Shield Aegis Aurora

Amulet Lazhwar

This differs from the guide as few could ever afford it. You asked for a dream setup. :)
"
siontheman wrote:
Spoiler
"
Sovyn wrote:
Spoiler
"
siontheman wrote:

I had Heavy strike, added fire damage, dmg on full life. I had no reason to put anything in there. I had to take dmg on full life out because I couldnt sustain the mana costs. so 2 linked with the other things the BoR added. I get 8.2k now if I replace Determination with Hatred. ALL QUALITY 0 and around level 17 - 18.

Just tell me what can I do from here? is 6k where most people would be considering how long ive played? at where I am in the build is it just a case of farming currency to buy stuff now?? i only borrowed the BoR to see!

DPS goes much higher, but really the biggest impact you can make to your dps is an incredible weapon. Legacy Soul Taker is pretty much the end weapon for this build, it allows you to run all dps gems linked to your attack (instead of mana leech), and also has very good dps. Even though rares can get better, they still need to contend with resource management, Soul Taker doesn't.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Nov 10, 2013, 3:22:47 PM
"
Lantan57 wrote:
My gear so far. DPS is 3.6k. Second half of 3 act merciless. I like this build. With Determination and Purity i have 70% elem resists and 50% phis reduction (block chance 48% :( ).
No mana issues, maybe it's boring sometimes, because you have to stay in mob pack and hold LMB to win, but i like what i have. Dreaming about 6L chest to raise DPS from 3.5k to 5k with Damage on full health.

Hello Lantan57!

Looks pretty good so far, your weapon is 217 DPS but it is a bit too slow, which is boring indeed. You just need a faster weapon with maybe a little more DPS too.

The good news is you only need a 4 link to reach 5K DPS with a decent weapon 250+ DPS and leveled up gems with maybe just a little quality (basic combo per the guide). Maybe a little physical damage on rings. Much cheaper than a 6-link. ;)
So basically what can I do just farm with the DPS I got and improve? or unless I own a BoR and Soul Taker Legacy ive basically hit the end with this build in terms of DPS? or am I just at the start of the road? and in terms of the road is 6k fine? Sovyn said so so I guess it is? :)
Last edited by siontheman on Nov 10, 2013, 3:27:23 PM
Yes, 6k is just dandy. I have very good gear, and my dps is only 8k (mainly because I use Dominating Blow instead of Infernal or Heavy Strike), and I get by just fine. I know you can get into the low 30s, but that's with making sacrifices defensively, which I avoided.

If I was at 6k dps, I'd focus on maxing my defensive stats (and gear) first. Any dps above 6k is just a luxury imo.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Nov 10, 2013, 3:31:38 PM
"
qualopeqh wrote:
This is my current gear :
All self-found.

I run tempest shield and grace or hatred (depending on the situation).
With hatred my heavy strike is over 9,6k, without around 7.6.
Infernal blow 3,8 or 2.9.
Resists are 75 75 71
Block chance 72 (with tempest shield 75)
Armor 34% evasion around 28% (eva higher with grace, of course :-) )

I just defeated Dominus solo...
So i want to thank Sovyn again, for this guide.
The build makes you able to finish the game solo and self-found.
And for me, it is very fun to play too.

Pretty nice gear for self found. I know what a challenge it can be (on any build) to finish the game 100% self found. :) Well done.

I can't help but wonder if Lazhwar would have helped you with Dominus. I was lucky to find one.

I agree the build is fun to play! May depend on personality of the player though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info