[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
siontheman wrote:
"
PigOfPain wrote:
"
siontheman wrote:
Hey Sovyn, Another question. I got my buckler all my stats are perfect now max block, 35% chance to avoid and like 36% damage reduction with max resist. BUT still my issue is just DPS? is 6.3k the baseline DPS you are going to get with this build? I tryed my mates high rolled BoR last night and ALL I gained was 800 dps, 6.3k - 7.1k? 6.3k and both 7.1k is just slow IMHO, Yeah I am tanky as anything but I just don't kill fast enough and how am I to ever get more DPS? if my BoR was supposed to? because using determination and grace to maintain the stats in your build work defensively and I can run around with 6k dps but meanwhile it feels like watching paint dry to kill a rare atleast.

EDIT : Unless ofcourse this is where the build was aimed at? not amazingly high DPS but enough to kill and defensive enough not to die? I just dont get how come people get like 30k.. its beyond me, unless its just standing in town showing off..

What weapon and level are you? :O I do around 1.8k, at level 50 :D in a3 cruel.. Currently just grinding docks trying to get some better gear.. I hope my DPS will improve, but I think it will because I've been using the same weapon for almost 20 levels now..

I am level 81, fully followed the build with an axe with 1.45 ATK SPD AND 117% PhysicalDMG and 140 - 218 Physical DMG, I am going to follow a marauder build for now with BM until I get a reply because mehh.. 6k is poor and really boring. Maybe the build was intended this way but how someone gets 30k I dont know at all.

I hope my dps will be better when I get to where you are.. :X.. Although I'm quite satisfied atm!
Well my wep is decent and maybe 6k is good I have no idea but I dont know wtf Im gunna do now... urrgghh I just dont get how people manage 30k.. Mehh I am gunna level my Marauder for now. Maybe the tanky templar days are over...
Last edited by siontheman on Nov 10, 2013, 7:54:44 AM
hey sovyns can you integrate a dream combo skill gemmes / stuff for player can buy/trade plz for optimize a maximum your guide (cause you are a self looter) :D. Feed back came soon ;)
Last edited by Styrkor on Nov 10, 2013, 8:02:00 AM

My gear so far. DPS is 3.6k. Second half of 3 act merciless. I like this build. With Determination and Purity i have 70% elem resists and 50% phis reduction (block chance 48% :( ).
No mana issues, maybe it's boring sometimes, because you have to stay in mob pack and hold LMB to win, but i like what i have. Dreaming about 6L chest to raise DPS from 3.5k to 5k with Damage on full health.
The way to get DPS is probably using Legacy Soul taker because of the ATK SPD and no mana cost makes it easy to get FULL DPS Gems without thinking about mana management when using Aura's is 23% chance to evade viable? and how am I supposed to get 10k DPS with 2 auras up and maintain it? I dont use splash anymore but I get 63 mana left when using 2 auras and my heavy strike comes to 37 mana with, Melee Phyical, Faster Attack , Heavystrike , Added Fire Damage

But overall do you guys think 6K DPS overall is decent and is DPS that everyone had once while using 2 auras and being able to maintain it? I guess I just need gear now? or?
Last edited by siontheman on Nov 10, 2013, 8:30:19 AM
"
siontheman wrote:
The way to get DPS is probably using Legacy Soul taker because of the ATK SPD and no mana cost

Well, I'll keep searching proper Boarding Axe then, like Sovyn has or close to that. The price for the Taker is... mindbloving for me. Mb I'll change my mind after I finish merciless and start to grind maps. But yes, that axe would be just awesome for the build!
This is my current gear :

All self-found.

I run tempest shield and grace or hatred (depending on the situation).
With hatred my heavy strike is over 9,6k, without around 7.6.
Infernal blow 3,8 or 2.9.
Resists are 75 75 71
Block chance 72 (with tempest shield 75)
Armor 34% evasion around 28% (eva higher with grace, of course :-) )

I just defeated Dominus solo...

Spoiler
Very very very hard...
At his first form, i died about 10 times. I really saw no chance, to avoid that.
But at his second form, i died zero times! Sometimes i used my life flasks, but it was never close.
After the fight, i have been very disappointed. You get like no reward for it. Drops have all gone to the vendor, and the rare map i can produce myself in an much easier way...

So i want to thank Sovyn again, for this guide.
The build makes you able to finish the game solo and self-found.
And for me, it is very fun to play too.

people make mistakes, but to get real chaos, you need a computer.
"
Lantan57 wrote:
"
siontheman wrote:
The way to get DPS is probably using Legacy Soul taker because of the ATK SPD and no mana cost

Well, I'll keep searching proper Boarding Axe then, like Sovyn has or close to that. The price for the Taker is... mindbloving for me. Mb I'll change my mind after I finish merciless and start to grind maps. But yes, that axe would be just awesome for the build!

with everything all in all would you say my DPS is fine for the build? obviously I just need gear, but for a starter character I think its fine for my first char in Wraeclast. But I think I am looking for something more aggressive with abit of defence. A Marauder! but yes would you say my templar just needs gear? I mean he just doesn't die but its just DPS which can only get better through gear? and maybe links? but I cant run 2 auras and have over 6k dps anyway because of mana reserved

using like 4 things linked, makes like 37 mana cost and I only got like 60 left to use with 2 auras so im kinda screwed xD I guess I could drop Determination and take up Hatred and Grace? Im not sure
Last edited by siontheman on Nov 10, 2013, 10:20:37 AM
immortal call or molten shell or both for cast on damage taken?
"
PigOfPain wrote:
Hey Sovyn, just an update on my progress, so I managed to find a 5L chest piece and alched it into a BEAST, which I Q20 immediately. Still lacking in mana department and DPS. Also fixed my resists problem and dropped my low block rate shield for a 30% one, which I know is also pretty bad, but a slight improvement I guess. Heres my gear, I think I should work on getting a better weapon, boot, gloves and rings. One question I have is how about getting the blood drinker node so I could maybe run blood magic to fix my mana problems? Right now I do not have enough mana to run tempest shield + determination..

Hi :)

You need a higher level reduced mana gem to run two auras.

You can use a mana leech support gem instead of added fire or splash.

You don't want blood magic if you can help it. Getting blood drinker at the appropriate time per the guide will be fine.

Leveled up gems on your attack and associated supports will do more damage. Eventually, you want to quality them too.

Your weapon is only 127 DPS, not going to do any damage (or leech enough) at your level with that my friend.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info