[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

A question about 2 nodes that could be useful while leveling, since they increase our DPS and still give some life. Are the 2 nodes near Blood Magic, they give 12% physical damage and 6% life.
Dont think they are worth using for the end build, and are therefore costing 2 refund points sooner or later, but if people are looking for more damage and still getting some survivability...

Also the axe node Fell The Weak could be great, 20% physical damage and 10% armour. Since its near our normal build it could be good options while leveling

Fell the Weak is good period, I picked it up once I found it.

First time I've seen those two other nodes, and I think those two nodes are worth it if you give up two of the 8% life nodes. With my build the best I can do is give up 20% life for 12% life and 24% melee physical, which I think I'll actually take. The effective tradeoff is 8% life (or one node) for 24% melee physical (~2 normal nodes, or 1 super node).

Edit: Just respecced into those two nodes. Lost 99 health (4143 --> 4044) and gained 268 dps without Hatred (5739 --> 6007).
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Nov 2, 2013, 5:03:06 PM
I just started trying this build with my lvl 76 templar after my last build didn't work out too well and I was awarded a full reset.

Definitely better then my last build but I still seem to have problems.
I only do about 1.7k dps and have about 3.3k hp.

Here are my items as of now:

Spoiler

Not the best but it's what I got. Any pointers would be nice.
"
Hierokliff wrote:
A question about 2 nodes that could be useful while leveling, since they increase our DPS and still give some life. Are the 2 nodes near Blood Magic, they give 12% physical damage and 6% life.
Dont think they are worth using for the end build, and are therefore costing 2 refund points sooner or later, but if people are looking for more damage and still getting some survivability...

Also the axe node Fell The Weak could be great, 20% physical damage and 10% armour. Since its near our normal build it could be good options while leveling

It's a good suggestion, as are most of your ideas, but I am trying to avoid guiding people into things they will have to respec later. For example precision can be useful early on but I don't show it on the guide as it becomes confusing and some people will forget to respec it and it will just be a wasted point(s), and then they can't complete their build. :)

Axe nodes are good but only if you have the final weapon for the build-- soul taker. Then it becomes obvious. Until then, players using this build will need the flexibility of using a good sword or whatever they find (or can buy for a good price).

Thanks for posting your DPS screenshot as well, good job. That's more than enough DPS for clearing quickly. Heck, 5k DPS is decent feeling in practice.
"
erani wrote:

my resistance isnt maxed out, i lack abit on cold and got 30% fire resistance(trying to get good ring that will give me the fire resist and physical damage.. cant find any yet),
btw what auras u guys running??

Yes, it can be challenging for any build to max our his or her resistances. We have a lot of resists on our passive skill tree compared to most, so it's easier, but still requires decent gear.

I run determination and grace with a level 18 reduced mana. Pretty much invincible once they are leveled up high. I suggest not experimenting with damage auras until you are totally confident you can beat a given area/boss you are farming easily.
"
yukyduky wrote:
I just started trying this build with my lvl 76 templar after my last build didn't work out too well and I was awarded a full reset.

Well my friend, it all needs upgrading. :D

Since a shield is so important for us, I'd find, buy or craft a vaal buckler with high evasion and blocking.

You can change out that iron ring pretty easily for something with more damage and life. Chaos resist is not that important for us.

Your weapon is only 104 DPS, you could have at least 250 DPS. Plenty of room for improvement there. If you are not self found exclusively, you can usually get like a 290 DPS weapon for a GCP or two, maybe 1 ex.

For more damage, you want multistrike and faster attacks instead of item quantity and added fire damage. If you can't keep up on the mana due to low damage, for now, you could use blind instead of item quantity, if you are having any trouble vs. melee bosses.

The boots are nice, but need run speed in addition to the mods they have, unless you like using leap slam constantly.

Keep us updated on your progress, yukyduky. I am glad you found the guide helpful.
Last edited by Sovyn on Nov 2, 2013, 9:28:12 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
yukyduky wrote:

Well my friend, it all needs upgrading. :D

Since a shield is so important for us, I'd find, buy or craft a vaal buckler with high evasion and blocking.

You can change out that iron ring pretty easily for something with more damage and life. Chaos resist is not that important for us.

Your weapon is only 104 DPS, you could have at least 250 DPS. Plenty of room for improvement there. If you are not self found exclusively, you can usually get like a 290 DPS weapon for a GCP or two, maybe 1 ex.

For more damage, you want multistrike and faster attacks instead of item quantity and added fire damage. If you can't keep up on the mana due to low damage, for now, you could use blind instead of item quantity, if you are having any trouble vs. melee bosses.

The boots are nice, but need run speed in addition to the mods they have, unless you like using leap slam constantly.

Keep us updated on your progress, yukyduky. I am glad you found the guide helpful.

Thank you for the splash of cold water as it is getting late. I thought I'd changed the item quantity gem but apparently not. Oh well, easily adjusted! I've never traded with someone as I'm never sure about the prices, but I'll see what I can find. I'll let you know how it goes for sure!

Sidenote: haven't played since February so multistrike is new to me; need to find me one.
I am level 80, 6.5k DPS with Hatred up, my defensive side is fine, I got a decent wep its got 140 - 218 Physical DMG and 1.45 attacks per second.. my gear is Okay! But my question is how to get DPS? is it normal that at the most part in the build u feel really tanky and not doing much DPS at all????????

I have a 5 link chest with , Multistrike , Melee Splash , Heavystrike , Melee Physical Damage.
PoE is most definitely in my opinion and opinion of any human, dwarf, exile, elf, dribbler, animal, specimen, vegatable, takeaway the best ARPG ever made.
Last edited by sionthedude on Nov 2, 2013, 11:40:50 PM
"
sionthedude wrote:
I am level 80, 6.5k DPS with Hatred up, my defensive side is fine, I got a decent wep its got 140 - 218 Physical DMG and 1.45 attacks per second.. my gear is Okay! But my question is how to get DPS? is it normal that at the most part in the build u feel really tanky and not doing much DPS at all????????

6.5K is respectable, you can clear a map in about 10 minutes with that. I'd be really surprised if you can find a melee build that can do a lot more damage with as little as you have invested in gear. If you want to do much bigger damage (as in several times as much, 30K, say), you will need a Bringer of Rain and maybe a Soul Taker or a top rare, and damage rings/belt. 20% quality gems help as well.
Hello again fellow LazyPally players,

Still enjoying the build, going strong at level 69, managed to kill Piety Merciless solo twice now (a few deaths along the way, but they all occurred just after reaching level 69 so I haven't lost much XP really). Gear is lagging behind quite a bit

Spoiler

I was just wondering if any fellow LazyPallies would like to join me for some Docks and Lunaris Temple farming runs - I do a (somewhat) respectable 3k DPS and I've even managed to kill Kole solo. But I think a group might be fun.

Just think! We could stack auras (I can do Determination and Purity, someone else could drop a damage and Grace, and a THIRD player could drop even more damage and... extra energy shield?! The possibilities are endless!)

Anyway - if you are interested, PM me ingame on my Templar (WarWaffle).
This way we can help each other out and I think it'll be a great way to play!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info