[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
morfiendish wrote:
"

Yeah, he's the second person to get mixed up about that... wondering where that idea is coming from.

when you look at the build, it looks like unwavering is selected. which made no sense to me. glad its not.

OK. :) Hope you find the guide useful. :)
Cool, about the only players I can party with are melee ones, as summoners/totemers just crash my fps to less than 1. Also, I can't handle docks on my 'puter. I can barely run the game. However, Library runs and Temple farming runs I ought to be able to do. Also, maybe even Dominus runs and most maps.

ign:Necklopper

Feel free to add me whisper me and I'll try to respond, but I'm often playing one handed with my sleeping baby on my chest and can't type back, so don't expect fast replies! :)

"
Frizz_za wrote:
Hello again fellow LazyPally players,

Still enjoying the build, going strong at level 69, managed to kill Piety Merciless solo twice now (a few deaths along the way, but they all occurred just after reaching level 69 so I haven't lost much XP really). Gear is lagging behind quite a bit

Spoiler

I was just wondering if any fellow LazyPallies would like to join me for some Docks and Lunaris Temple farming runs - I do a (somewhat) respectable 3k DPS and I've even managed to kill Kole solo. But I think a group might be fun.

Just think! We could stack auras (I can do Determination and Purity, someone else could drop a damage and Grace, and a THIRD player could drop even more damage and... extra energy shield?! The possibilities are endless!)

Anyway - if you are interested, PM me ingame on my Templar (WarWaffle).
This way we can help each other out and I think it'll be a great way to play!
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Borislav wrote:
Ok here i made vid on Ondar's vs no Ondar's (just regretted ondars for the fun of it did not go for iron reflexes dont have a lot of regrets)
here it is

Thanks for the video, Borislav! Looks like Ondar's did make a difference that I could notice in your video, maybe not a huge difference with your gear. I do find it very helpful in maps with a lot of projectile users, which I seem to encounter often. :) Honestly, I'd go over to the ranger area anyway for all of the benefits I've mentioned before many times, so it's only 4 points and it greatly helps before one has end game gear such as you have.

Thanks again!

forgot to mention those dogs that breath fire can melt your face of without of ondars =) (but if there is a lot of them)
ign Bester, Godlymen, boomwiz, in game from 10pm till 1am most of the time (GMT).
"
Borislav wrote:

forgot to mention those dogs that breath fire can melt your face of without of ondars =) (but if there is a lot of them)

Voidbearers. Yes, absolutely. Especially in maps with the "Monsters fire x additional Projectiles" mod.
Hey Sovyn,

thank you for the hints.
It was a bit tricky to restructure my resistances on my items with Lioneye's Remorse but it was more than worth.

Next goal , find a new ST or something valuable to buy a legacy one.

'The build does not require any specific unique items, making it doable for even those just starting out in Wraeclast.'

Overall this build is really solid, even when your start out in Wraeclast you have a decent amount of DPS if you use decent links in your gear. Sovyn and some of the users who use this build have helped me obtain higher damage with this build. And to be honest even if you dont have much DPS once you reach say level 60 - 70 with the build I can garantee that no matter what damage you hit that you will not notice really because of how defensive the build starts out to be. Obviously the uniqes help like the Alpha Howl and the Bringer of rain and maybe Soul Taker helps. But a Physical damage rings, ammy and belt should not be so hard to obtain

An easy way to get DPS would be to get an item with mana leech then run only one Aura then what I have done because the Alpha howl (This uniqe will allow you to run 2 auras later) has avasion I decided I would take Iron Reflexes instead of going down the Ondar's Guille area and also that way I could pick up damage nodes aswell. So I would have max resist with around 15k Armour with 61% chance to block and around 4 - 5k HP with anywhere from 10k - 13k splash damage and around 15 - 17k single target, I could also get more DPS from a 6L chest too. But on top of that obtain the Soul Taker uniqe or even better items to obtain more DPS. So overall no matter which way you go with the build, its pretty solid.

My stats ATM :

9.1K Armour without Grace and or Determination. Using either ATM, but once I do I will use one or the other

9.2k DPS with Hatred (leveling haste)

Max resist (-27% chaos in Merciless)

5% chance to evade because of IR ( But I think its a good choice to take IR)

Let me know Sovyn if you think this is sold and it if would work? :) Thanks for the build! its SOLID!

Hey Sovyn

I was wondering if you are still running around with the gear posted in the OP, or that has changed aswell since it was posted? If it has been changed it is possible for you to update it? :).. It is mostly a matter of which gems to use etc, because you say one thing in your texts but show another on your gear :D

Cheers!
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
rasmon wrote:

Have 17k dps (with hatred)
Around 4k hp
9260 armour (determ)
1945 Evasion
%75 block and all res %75

i was wondering if i could get more physical nodes and more HP with marauder start?

Hello rasmon! Your stats look solid.

I have discussed the mara start several times in the thread. The short answer to your question is: No. :)

There are four strength nodes to get in there, and a couple of semi-wasted nodes (reduced crit damage) and a wasted 0.4% regen. That's a lot of nodes we put into life and damage/speed elsewhere to greater effect.

Hi Sovyn,

Can you give me the long version of marauder start is a bad use of points? I can't find the detailed discussion hidden within the 16X pages of this topic.

I was thinking of modifying your build to something like this, bascially diverting the strength nodes near blood magic towards the strength nodes near marauder start for accessing the shield nodes, diamond skin, hp nodes and troll's blood.

"
Maggsi wrote:
Hey Sovyn,

thank you for the hints.
It was a bit tricky to restructure my resistances on my items with Lioneye's Remorse but it was more than worth.

Next goal , find a new ST or something valuable to buy a legacy one.

Best of luck with your quest for Soul Taker. Glad you maxed resists, it is essential. :)
"
siontheman wrote:

5% chance to evade because of IR ( But I think its a good choice to take IR)

Let me know Sovyn if you think this is sold and it if would work? :) Thanks for the build! its SOLID!

Thanks for the update. We don't take IR because evasion and Ondar's are valuable. You will do OK in most situations with just armour, but some of each armour and evasion plus Ondar's is overall superior in more situations. Aim for over 40% damage reduction and 40% chance to avoid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info