[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
zhokar wrote:

I've also spent hours over tables and the passive calculator from the forums, trying to come up with a variation sporting Iron Reflexes and Unwavering Stance, leaving out the right part of the skill tree beyond Duelist. Ended up with only 30ish block%, estimated 25%ish more dmg, and a bit lower health. Of course Ondar's Guile is also gone. But the Armor stats look really really sweet on paper. What do you think about a IR+US build?

I am also interested in Iron Reflexes and Unwavering Stance, but I just don't know how to assess whether it will be worth it, but I can definately see it offering more gear flexibility.
Three linked socket item: Determination (red) - Grace (green) - Reduced Mana (red)

I am using this the reduced mana does fuckall i cant even cast both my auras at the same time... whats the point? any help please!
"
openup001 wrote:
Three linked socket item: Determination (red) - Grace (green) - Reduced Mana (red)

I am using this the reduced mana does fuckall i cant even cast both my auras at the same time... whats the point? any help please!

What level is your reduced mana? I think it must be atleast level 8 (83% costs) before you can use 2 auras now after 1.0 did go live. Unless you figure out a way to get the reduce mana cost nodes...

They did buff all auras alot, so not sure if you really need both defensive auras anymore.
An alternative to running two defense auras is run one along with tempest shield. Good use of the left over mana.

Also is anyone using BoR? Not sure how the lose of chest would work with the build
"
wenlock wrote:
An alternative to running two defense auras is run one along with tempest shield. Good use of the left over mana.

Also is anyone using BoR? Not sure how the lose of chest would work with the build

I do, it is great. If i ever found a 6L chest i would probably switch. But losing it's 15% block would force me to use some regrets and get more block nodes.

"

The one decision I'm really still not sold on though in this build is:
Spending 3 points to get: 12 Life, 1% life regen, and 27% Melee Phys Dmg
Instead can spend 2 points (Fencing) to get: 3% Attack Speed, 24% Melee Phys Dmg
Surely the attack speed would scale better?

3% attack speed is very minor.

12 base life on the other hand will be multiplied by the percentile life nodes, to become 30 life or more, eventually. It can't hurt to have the life regen for maps that have chaos damage over time modifier. As minor as 27% damage is, it will be more significant than 3% attack speed as well. I take these nodes toward the late end game as they are all insignificant but among the best choices available at that point.
"

1. Why not just start off with a Scion? Wouldn't that be just as good / nearly as good?

It's not as good.

I'd suggest staying with the tried and true build that has been tested and proven for 8 months. It will be a much more seamless experience than trying to do your own thing right away.
"

I am also interested in Iron Reflexes and Unwavering Stance, but I just don't know how to assess whether it will be worth it, but I can definately see it offering more gear flexibility.

With IR or US, one would be throwing away 60% chance to evade projectiles, 30% chance to avoid melee (I currently have higher scores, but just as an example). This is the stuff that makes the difference between taking a lot of consistent damage in maps vs. not getting hit hardly at all. Most chaos damage is delivered by projectile. One would have to have much more difficult to obtain gear to raise chaos resist enough to get by with IR in the end game (chaos resistance at decent values is rare to find on gear, along with all of the other requirements you will have.). My goal is to ensure that the average person can succeed. In addition, the large amount of evasion bonus we get from all the dexterity we have would be lost. I also currently have over 40% physical mitigation with very average gear. Although IR would raise that somewhat due to converting grace to armour as well, a balanced approach is superior with this build.
"
openup001 wrote:

I am using this the reduced mana does nothing. I cant even cast both my auras at the same time... whats the point? any help please!

As mentioned in the guide, you will add the two auras on as you can. I would begin with the one you find helps the most. Once your reduced mana gem reaches level 17, you should be able to use both.
"
Hierokliff wrote:
If i ever found a 6L chest i would probably switch. But losing it's 15% block would force me to use some regrets and get more block nodes.

You won't find a 6-link chest, so you are safe.

But, if you did, I would still stay with BoR as you would lose your sixth support 'gem' on your attack skill, as BoR is a pseudo 7-link, as you know. :)

BoR's life is competitive with a top-end chest and helm combo as well.

The 25 physical damage would be hard to replace also.

Finally, you would lose whatever bonuses you were able to choose from the passive skill tree instead of the block nodes. Those have to be significant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info