[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

doubt

Last edited by ZeroRelativity on Oct 29, 2013, 6:54:39 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Muliken wrote:
Hello, i have a question about shields in this build. I felt that tower shields were the way togo, but apparently this build is telling me to go for bucklers. Is evasion better than armor on shields?

The problem with armour shields is that they have low blocking. It costs a few nodes to make it up on the tree, which can be spent on other things. Additionally, we need a good source of evasion, and, with the "increased Defences from equipped Shield" nodes that we get, it's enough with a high evasion shield. That way you can use all armour pieces in the other slots.

The exception is if you own The Bringer of Rain, as that has enough evasion on it if you get a good roll. A Lioneye's is a good fit with that.

Thanks for your anwser, i'm assuming pieces with armor and energy shield are less good than full armor ones?

If that's the case it's a damn shame, kinda love their look :p
SO i just put together a great combo of gear and passives picked out.

Since im blinding, my chance to evade is actually over 90%.
With that evading im not getting hit much by attacks, but even when I do im at 69% reduction with my armour with endurance charges up. Thats no granites either as that would not be lazy enough ;)
So i figured my blocking ability would be better spent on spells. So i equipped this...

now im blocking a little over half spells. And my resistances are through the roof for what does get to me.

TL;DR..
69% damage reduction
90+% chance to evade
50+% spell block
80 res all

now just waiting on GGG to nerf me next patch ;(

"
Muliken wrote:

Thanks for your anwser, i'm assuming pieces with armor and energy shield are less good than full armor ones?

Yes. We don't spec into ES nodes intentionally, so it would be of minimal benefit since ES does not regen during combat. The only time I would use hybrid armour is if the stats are better than any of my straight armour pieces.

As to appearance, there are micro transactions you can buy to move the look of the hybrid gear into straight armour stuff. It's called Skin Transfer.
"
wenlock wrote:
SO i just put together a great combo of gear and passives picked out.

Since im blinding, my chance to evade is actually over 90%.
With that evading im not getting hit much by attacks, but even when I do im at 69% reduction with my armour with endurance charges up. Thats no granites either as that would not be lazy enough ;)
So i figured my blocking ability would be better spent on spells. So i equipped this...

Thanks for posting your variation. I'd be worried that I'd get hit too much before blind kicks in OR by attackers at range that I perhaps could not blind quickly enough. If it were me, I'd stick with the standard build, which blocks 75% of attacks and 48% of spells consistently. Up to you though. :D
Hello Sovyn,this build is really great.I'm level 63 now,and I only need my right hand to play game,because I even don't need to drink health potion.But my dps is only around 3700,can u give me some advice on how to increase dps while keeping safe.Thank you very much!
My gear as follow:

My skill link:heavy strike-melee splash-melee physical damage-multistrike-faster attacks.
Edit:I can only run grace due to low mana.
IGN:NUCKY_RANGER
Last edited by zxwc on Oct 29, 2013, 10:03:34 PM

I suggest running hatred instead of grace, and tempest shield.
That is what i do atm and i am doing fine with it.

If you get hit to often without grace, try to find gear with + phys dmg.
Try to get
. Shouldn`t be expensive and pushes also your life.

people make mistakes, but to get real chaos, you need a computer.
Last edited by qualopeqh on Oct 30, 2013, 1:32:14 AM
"
zxwc wrote:
Hello Sovyn,this build is really great.I'm level 63 now,and I only need my right hand to play game,because I even don't need to drink health potion.But my dps is only around 3700,can u give me some advice on how to increase dps while keeping safe.Thank you very much!

Hi zxwc!

Other than aura already mentioned, there are a few things you can do.

2% mana leech is probably enough as mana leech is queued to 12.5% of your maximum mana per second anyway. You could replace one ring with damage + resists instead.

Next, Bringer of Rain has 25% damage, this would let you pop in added fire damage support, and that would also give you enough extra block to drop the perandus and use something like Daresso's Courage for another 20% damage.

You could get some gloves with damage on them.

And, your weapon is only 221 DPS, you can find 1-handed rare weapons for sale that are 400+ dps, for a price. Or, there is pre-patch soul taker.

Just a few ideas, most are out of reach for most people. :)
"
qualopeqh wrote:

I suggest running hatred instead of grace, and tempest shield.
That is what i do atm and i am doing fine with it.

If you get hit to often without grace, try to find gear with + phys dmg.
Try to get
. Shouldn`t be expensive and pushes also your life.

Thank you very much!
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
zxwc wrote:

Hi zxwc!

Other than aura already mentioned, there are a few things you can do.

2% mana leech is probably enough as mana leech is queued to 12.5% of your maximum mana per second anyway. You could replace one ring with damage + resists instead.

Next, Bringer of Rain has 25% damage, this would let you pop in added fire damage support, and that would also give you enough extra block to drop the perandus and use something like Daresso's Courage for another 20% damage.

You could get some gloves with damage on them.

And, your weapon is only 221 DPS, you can find 1-handed rare weapons for sale that are 400+ dps, for a price. Or, there is pre-patch soul taker.

Just a few ideas, most are out of reach for most people. :)

Thank you very much!This seems rather hard,the bringer of rain,soul taker and 1-handed waepon with 400+dps,are all too expensive for me.I can only grow up step in step then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info