[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

OK I added a chapter on Flasks to the guide. I guess I had more to say about it than I thought. :)
I finished my chest a while ago, but I'm finally moving into it full time, along with the accompanying helm (which is still temporary, they go up to 1k armor).
Ah, thanks! I was wondering what your opinions on glassware would be. I appreciate it. I hate potioning at all since I am usually playing one handed and only have 3 buttons at my disposal. Your build is so tough I can usually mouse over if I need to, click all my potions in some kind of messy mad dash, then go back to clicking monsters.

I code lazy as anything that I can do comfortably 1 handed, and potioning via mouse is frustrating. I realize this is completely a my-problem kind of thing, so I might try a Vaal Pact variation on the respec on one of my characters. If I did that I would bind a mana potion to the scroll wheel and would really be able to kick back, at the cost of surviveability.

Any opinion on Vaal Pact, or know of anybody who has tried it with this build? If this is a horrid idea, it'd be good to know as I've zilcho experience with Vaal Pact. Or, if the trigger gems work out, perhaps an immortal call trigger would give me the time I need to potion should I take x amount of damage. That's still some fast clicking though!
"
seiferoth10 wrote:
I finished my chest a while ago, but I'm finally moving into it full time, along with the accompanying helm (which is still temporary, they go up to 1k armor).

Nice stuff!

Good thing you have a soul taker to go with it. :) (Otherwise, there is probably no way to keep up with that mana draw....) :)
"
butteryone wrote:

Any opinion on Vaal Pact, or know of anybody who has tried it with this build?

I'm not sure if anyone has tried it, but from what I've read in other threads, Vaal Pact will often leave you with lower than optimal health after a fight, then you must choose if you want to port to town or head into the next battle without a full life globe, which can be risky.
just need to be a bit silly... but i found

finally at level 71 i can stop use my level 16 facebreaker... if my dps is about the same... hmm silly happy :)
wow nice! gratz! Curious, where did it drop for you?

Also, after Granin's post I linked a Endurance Charge on Melee Stun to my Heavy Strike just to check it out. I got 3 charges right off the first swing (HS linked to MS etc), so Heavy Strike does have a momentary stun.

Thought would post here - as this could be a quick swap to get a 12% phys dmg reduction when against tough bosses etc.
"
Hierokliff wrote:

finally at level 71 i can stop use my level 16 facebreaker... if my dps is about the same... hmm silly happy :)

wow, it dropped for you?? that's so cool. I'd also love to know where you found it :)
congrats.
"
Hierokliff wrote:

Congrats! I saw your status message change to "I found a soultaker" (paraphrasing) and I thought "Wow, good for him -- incredibly lucky to get it as a drop -- wow some more."

Well done.

I bet you switch to playing standard though if you have an oops. I know I would with that item haha. Well, don't die. :)
"
tommigee wrote:
"
Hierokliff wrote:

wow, it dropped for you?? that's so cool. I'd also love to know where you found it :)
congrats.

Hmm ok i "lied" a bit, i chance every siege axe i find with my chance orbs. And this one did come from slum sewers while doing the quests to be able to hire a piety-killer. Yeah i play chickenstyle and hire a level 90+ to kill the bosses...

Think ive used 2 stacks of chance orbs, plus the ones i found while playing.

My dps (~9k) is about the same. I Did change rings and gloves so i did go from 1.9k hp to 2.6k. Did also increase my resists to 75% without purity on all 3 resists.
First opinion is that this axe is just too good, and should be altered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info