[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
MildlyClever wrote:

Also, after Granin's post I linked a Endurance Charge on Melee Stun to my Heavy Strike just to check it out. I got 3 charges right off the first swing (HS linked to MS etc), so Heavy Strike does have a momentary stun.

Thought would post here - as this could be a quick swap to get a 12% phys dmg reduction when against tough bosses etc.

Yes, HS has a better chance to stun than an ordinary attack.

There are so many good choices now -- mostly for those with at least a 5-link though, as with only a 4-link one pretty much needs three solid damage supports like melee physical damage, faster attacks, multistrike.
"
Hierokliff wrote:

Hmm ok i "lied" a bit, i chance every siege axe i find with my chance orbs. And this one did come from slum sewers while doing the quests to be able to hire a piety-killer. Yeah i play chickenstyle and hire a level 90+ to kill the bosses...

Think ive used 2 stacks of chance orbs, plus the ones i found while playing.
First opinion is that this axe is just too good, and should be altered.

Sounds pretty much self found soul taker to me, which is amazing.

I take it you feel it's overpowered due to the "never worry about mana again" feature, along with the pretty much top DPS. Well, I've heard rumours that GGG may nerf a few uniques soonish.

"
Tyronis Monday at 7:10am There are currently a few unique items in the game that are often seen as overpowered compared to their Rare counterparts. (Kaom's Heart, Lioneye's Glare, Soul Taker, etc). How do you plan on addressing the balance issues with these items?

Chris_GGG Yesterday at 10:23pm Yes. Some members of our design team are not happy with them. Any changes to them might be at release or in ongoing patches after that point. We're trying to be mindful of their rarity, prestige and value, but do agree that some are just far better than rares (which is not a good thing at all).
if they are really doing legacy uniques, it's a good thing you got it now :)
with a really good roll on a sword or an axe you can get higher dps right? but the no-mana feature is definitely pretty great, maybe too good.
"
tommigee wrote:
if they are really doing legacy uniques, it's a good thing you got it now :)
with a really good roll on a sword or an axe you can get higher dps right? but the no-mana feature is definitely pretty great, maybe too good.

Yeah there are higher 1h dps weapons out. Especially faster weapons that goes nuts with all +damage gear. So far i do 9k AoE dps free of charge, since i dont use life or mana to use my attackskill. ah well if they change it on release i should take a fast weeks vacation from work and try to beat my level 78 record :-)
There are maybe a dozen 1-hand weapons tops for sale at any given time over the 360 DPS Soul Taker. I think rare 1-hand weapons top out around 500 DPS, but it would cost a lot more than a soul taker.

Anything over 250 DPS (I'm talking about the weapon itself, not skill DPS) is fine with this build in the endgame, certainly if the given player is not the driven type.
Last edited by Sovyn on Oct 13, 2013, 7:28:16 PM
The mana clause of Soul Taker is invaluable to me, it's just way too good. I can't see ever using another weapon unless something else has a similar mana capability.

Edit: I read somewhere that if they intend to change some uniques, they'll keep the legacy uniques intact.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Oct 14, 2013, 12:41:06 AM
"
seiferoth10 wrote:

Edit: I read somewhere that if they intend to change some uniques, they'll keep the legacy uniques intact.

That sure would raise the values of the current Koam's, Shavronne's, Soul Taker, etc., to even more extreme heights. :)
Did read your posts about flasks, and only thing i can add to it is that while leveling i found it very useful to have a +evasive healing pot. Getting 80-90% more evasive while moving in to the mobs and avoiding even more chaos damage helps me alot.
It did feel odd to use a heal pot Before i start to take damage, but after getting used to it i've learned to use heal pots before the end of the fight. Using a very slow healing before the fight that also increases armor or evasion helps me alot.
And after the fight the hp pots are useally full and my hp is full for the next fight.
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Did read your posts about flasks, and only thing i can add to it is that while leveling i found it very useful to have a +evasive healing pot. Getting 80-90% more evasive while moving in to the mobs and avoiding even more chaos damage helps me alot.
It did feel odd to use a heal pot Before i start to take damage, but after getting used to it i've learned to use heal pots before the end of the fight. Using a very slow healing before the fight that also increases armor or evasion helps me alot.
And after the fight the hp pots are useally full and my hp is full for the next fight.

Thanks for that testimony. I did mention the Reflexes suffix in the flask section of the guide.

Bear in mind that it won't do anything unless you are already damaged as the benefits cease when healing stops (full life). I typically am full life when going into an encounter. I know this may vary from person to person. :)
Any of you with this build try to get IIQ/R gear up for some farming?

I am not talking about high IIQ/R and doing maps etc like high MF sporkers seems to do, more like docks.

I have put together some gear over the past three weeks.

I have a 5L chest (got lucky linking them with few fuses a while ago!) - and use an IIQ gem when doing the "farming".

I do merciless docks now with a bit of care, with an IIQ of around 80 and IIR of around 160, and with purity running max fire/cold resists for docks. I also run the cold dmg aura and evasion or armor one. I get left with 90 mana or so. Heavy strike uses 80 mana but I use a weapon with 2% mana leech and also use that curse when needed for the extra mana/life leech there, so I dont run out of mana for heavy strike (unless when I swing at empty spots etc!)

I also do tidal island runs as the magic/rare/boss mobs rareitem drops there are ilevel 60 (so can use in chaos recipe).

I havent hit a jackpot or anything though - but have got some currency this way, lots of chromos, a few sets for chaos recipe ( I alch any white gold ring/necklace I find, and wear any upgrades, or use rest for chaos recipe). I chanced the seige axes (20 ish so far, no luck with the unique yet :D))

My "MF" gear is this (I use the gloves and crown all the time though) in case anyone is interested.

Last edited by MildlyClever on Oct 15, 2013, 6:47:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info