[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
MildlyClever wrote:
Hey, GranNiN, if you play on Anarchy league, I can give you this if you want. Decent resists also on this. Let me know - IGN: MeleeGibson.

Thanks ! I'll contact you IG and why not share and slay some stuff together !
What do you recommend for the bandits?
:) 116 pages is quite daunting to read through for most peeps here I guess. The recent few posts are already covered, covered again, and so on. Sovyn has a lot of patience though! (Don't see this as an insult btw, just a curious observation as the recent few questions come up a LOT).

On the matter of HS - I swapped to Double Strike due to the knockback annoyance. I am lazy, maybe more than Sovyn, so I'd rather sit there and facetank stuff even if I get into dangerous spots as HS gives small range buffer because mobs have to chase YOU down too. The stun helps tremendously here as well. Double strike does not leech as much as HS does IF you use life leech. However, I use Life Gain on Hit. It is instant plus at high levels it really shines when you start hitting faster and faster. Double strike + Life Gain on Hit fits the bill here. ANY elemental hit (like Glacial Strike, Infernal Blow or even Lighting Strike) will benefit better from Life Gain on Hit instead of Life Leech, Glacial Strike not as much as Infernal Blow nor Lightning Strike though. You DO get a bump up from the explosions caused by Infernal Blow!

On the matter of bandits - I went skill points. You can basically go anything if you want.

Edit: Changed the last part of my post. I re-read up to page 6 and no word on the bandits at all! Lol. Well, I think it shows how concerned Sovyn is on the bonus he gets from them. Basically Sovyn wants to say that if you pre-plan your character, you should pick the reward that fits your playstyle and build the best. Correct me if I am wrong Sovyn?

Edit 2: For a bit more clarity to help you guys pick the right reward:

1) +HP - Helps because it will scale with the skills in Sovyn's build. Works if like to be a bit tankier and can forgo some skill points
2) Skill points - No brainer here, helps you reach the potential of Sovyn's build faster
3) Endurance charges - With the current new changes to Enduring Cry, this may be an option
4) +Resists - Helps in reducing the amount of resist you MUST get in gear. However, with Sovyn's build you don't need THAT much on gear anyway
5) Power charges - I can't remember, is there a reward pertaining to this? If there is, this is one reward you want to skip unless your atk relies on it. But if you really do, I would point you to Kripp's wander build, or the every popular Discharge build
6) +Mana - Only if you heavily utilise skills that require heavy mana expenditure. However for this build it won't be very viable as you don't get ANY boosts to it as compared to HP
Last edited by Xiaoyen on Oct 5, 2013, 10:28:26 AM
"
MildlyClever wrote:
true - I was thinking, I have 80ish mana left after running resists or vitality, armor, cold dmg auras. I have a 3% mana leech from attacks - so tried out without BloodMagic , iwasnt too hard in docks (I replaced BM with another gem - IIQ or with fire dmg - and tried), but not viable.

Mainly because since I uses BM, the "full life" didnt kick in much - as I was almost always like a few HP short of full :D

Sovyn, you on Anarchy too?

3% mana leech definitely works with HS - multi - melee damage - faster attacks - (any gem that does not use mana here).

I have played standard since the beginning - sadly I don't have enough time for temporary leagues too. :)
"
GranNiN wrote:
here is my weapon, i think it's decent and not worth an upgrade yet ?

I was wondering at which level did you go for Static Blows ?
i'm really tempted to take it in 2 levels (75) but don't have finished the marauder part
is it too early ?

by the way i'd like to thank you for sharing this build
this is an effective one and this is my character i'm enjoying the most !

I'm glad you are enjoying. :)

The weapon looks good -- it's 332 DPS which is relatively top of the line.

We don't take static blows -- I pulled that out of the build months ago. :) If you run wrath on blood magic and with that weapon, it *might* be worth it, but I'm really not sure. I hear you have to do a *lot* of of lightning damage to shock consistently.
So i did make a new templar, did find a (888%) facebreaker and some +physdamage gear from old chars and did test this build again.
And its insane.
Around level 40 i did have 6k dps with a 5L armour and the facebreaker. I one hit almost everything and when they die they kill off the rest with infernal blow. I did just reach merciless and did kill brutus with 3 attacks, guess its a 9-hit .-) Multistrike is good.
so far only problem is mana, a 5L infernal blow is very costly, so only running minimum amount of auras depending on the map. and i refuse to use blood magic, i need all the hp i can get in hardcore.
Anyway i can def recommend anyone to spend 1-2chaos and buy a "crap" facebreaker, and you will out-dps any other weapon and skillcombo until level...

Bandits, pretty much covered above. I'd just like to add that my official recommendation is to side with Oak in normal for the 40 life. It used to be that the skill point was at least as good, but since they nerfed life nodes a while back, I think the life from Oak is pretty good now.

Cruel and Merciless, I'd say just get the skill point, unless you are planning to do something with "Endurance Charge on Melee Stun" or the new trigger support gems coming out with the official release of the game on October 23rd, such as "Cast when Damage Taken," then maybe the endurance charge in merciless.
So if you use facebreaker armor/items - do you use no weapon at all? just a shield?
"
Hierokliff wrote:
So i did make a new templar, did find a (888%) facebreaker and some +physdamage gear from old chars and did test this build again.
And its insane.
Around level 40 i did have 6k dps with a 5L armour and the facebreaker. I one hit almost everything and when they die they kill off the rest with infernal blow. I did just reach merciless and did kill brutus with 3 attacks, guess its a 9-hit .-) Multistrike is good.
so far only problem is mana, a 5L infernal blow is very costly, so only running minimum amount of auras depending on the map. and i refuse to use blood magic, i need all the hp i can get in hardcore.
Anyway i can def recommend anyone to spend 1-2chaos and buy a "crap" facebreaker, and you will out-dps any other weapon and skillcombo until level...

Thanks for that. I think you are the second or third person in the thread to sing the praises of Facebreaker!

6K is amazing for level 40......

Don't forget the mana leech support gem which works fine with Infernal Blow. Or, you can try two 2% mana leech items. In either case you would probably need 3 repetitions of your skill available on your mana. That could be quite a bit with Infernal Blow!

Mana regeneration on gear helps a wee bit too.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Bandits, pretty much covered above. I'd just like to add that my official recommendation is to side with Oak in normal for the 40 life. It used to be that the skill point was at least as good, but since they nerfed life nodes a while back, I think the life from Oak is pretty good now.

Cruel and Merciless, I'd say just get the skill point, unless you are planning to do something with "Endurance Charge on Melee Stun" or the new trigger support gems coming out with the official release of the game on October 23rd, such as "Cast when Damage Taken," then maybe the endurance charge in merciless.

I think the skill point in still better - you can use it to get 6% more max life (the node right next to "steady hands" on the way to bulwark)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info