[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

ha, that new chaos resist ring would be sweet for this build!!
the reduced life is totally manageable, and it would bring the chaos resist to about 0 and add a good amount of chaos damage as well.
good stuff!! I wonder how expensive it'll be to trade for.

Ming's Heart

"
tommigee wrote:
ha, that new chaos resist ring would be sweet for this build!!
the reduced life is totally manageable, and it would bring the chaos resist to about 0 and add a good amount of chaos damage as well.
good stuff!! I wonder how expensive it'll be to trade for.

Ming's Heart

Interesting ring.

I'd say the only useful thing I see on it is the added chaos damage.

As mention before, chaos damage does not affect me much and I'm -60 chaos resist. So, I'm sure others using the build straight from the guide can enjoy these benefits as well. Of course, I'm talking *now*, the end game, not act 2 merciless or something.

Admittedly I have not experienced all of the highest level maps.
I used to sing the "chaos damage doesn't affect me tune", until I met the level 75 Plateau boss. It's a Rhoa with a chaos aura. My 3k health and -60 chaos resist lasts about 3 seconds against this aura, if it weren't for my giant pack of dominated monsters I never would've been able to kill him.

That's the one and only time I've needed chaos resist. Now, high level map bosses with minus max player resist and/or elemental weakness on the other hand... that's an exercise in futility.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Sep 27, 2013, 4:43:51 PM
"
seiferoth10 wrote:
I used to sing the "chaos damage doesn't affect me tune", until I met the level 75 Plateau boss. It's a Rhoa with a chaos aura. My 3k health and -60 chaos resist lasts about 3 seconds against this aura, if it weren't for my giant pack of dominated monsters I never would've been able to kill him.

That's the one and only time I've needed chaos resist. Now, high level map bosses with minus max player resist and/or elemental weakness on the other hand... that's an exercise in futility.

Good to know - solo it's pretty hard to see the highest level maps! (Only because the darn things don't drop...)

But if one were to get there, I would imagine a set of chaos resist gear and flask(s) might enable the kill. One would need to come prepared for sure.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 27, 2013, 7:27:27 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
seiferoth10 wrote:

Good to know - solo it's pretty hard to see the highest level maps! (Only because the darn things don't drop...)

But if one were to get there, I would imagine a set of chaos resist gear and flask(s) might enable the kill. One would need to come prepared for sure.

I totally agree with you, right now chaos damage doesn't affect me much either, I'm at -52%. however the highest map I played was 69 tunnel (and I didn't get any new ones out of it), so I'm curious about high level maps too.
with the current drop rates I doubt I'll ever see them, like you said.
Woot. After ~600 alts and ~10 regals, I have the base of my armor down. Now comes the expensive part, eternal/exalting the resists/life.

I'm also using it on my Sporker while I craft it, still rocking a Bringer for now.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Sep 29, 2013, 8:33:55 AM
"
seiferoth10 wrote:
Woot. After ~600 alts and ~10 regals, I have the base of my armor down. Now comes the expensive part, eternal/exalting the resists/life.

I'm also using it on my Sporker while I craft it, still rocking a Bringer for now.

Good start! I'm curious what you will think of the BoR vs. the 6L chest+random hat.
Hi, so I was wondering what sort of items/ DPS you have now.

I'm at lvl 66 on my Templar, but I'm feeling pretty weak still though I *think* my gear isn't too bad. I definitely nee to get a 32 +3% shield though, this one is for the meantime. Only 1.3K hp (a lot more w/o Eye) and DPS is about 2.1K.

Last edited by curryflurry on Sep 29, 2013, 7:45:07 PM
"
curryflurry wrote:

I'm at lvl 66 on my Templar, but I'm feeling pretty weak still though I *think* my gear isn't too bad. I definitely nee to get a 32 +3% shield though, this one is for the meantime. Only 1.3K hp (a lot more w/o Eye) and DPS is about 2.1K.

Welcome. :) I'd say you need more life on gear. Any melee build will need a lot more, and although we have the huge advantage of max block, we do too. Luckily, if you are a trader, there are tons of good items for sale in the trade forums for prices you can afford with the orbs that you have likely found already just playing through.

2.1K DPS is not bad for your level, but could be improved. I'm doing around 5k, many lazy pallys do far more, but I'd say 5k is quite comfortable. Self found, with any build, is pretty much for the masochistic. :)

I'd say you want gloves with armor. Get your survivability down pat before looking at IIR/IIQ. May take some farming if strictly self found to get there. I farmed a little. My gear post is still current, have not found an upgrade in months really. Just the way the RNG rolls.

You might be able to look at Vaal bucklers at your level, which could be a huge upgrade -- use the poe item search websites to find one with extra block (+6 is ideal). So, a vaal buckler with 38% block, high evasion and some life would be ideal.

Then you can drop Tempest and put Hatred in its place -- much better.

Best wishes!
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 30, 2013, 1:09:45 AM
Well, one obvious place your dps is dropping is that Item Quantity gem in your chest. If you can snag a Multistrike you'll be just peachy in that regard.

Otherwise, I agree that you've giving up loads of stats just for IIR/IIQ. I'd say gear up normally (Armour/Evasion/Life/Resists gear, Stone of Lazwhar), and if you're concerned with IIR/IIQ get some Aurseize gloves.

They've lasted me forever, I don't think I've ever gotten another pair of gloves after I graduated from my leveling gloves to Aurseizes.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Sep 30, 2013, 7:49:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info