VarthDaver's Flicker Ash Prolif Build

"
greensunggwa wrote:
@Bomb714

You pretty much answered along the same lines I would. Thanks for responding!
"
greensunggwa wrote:
@Bomb714

I'm a newbie myself, but I'm following the guide and having a blast, so I wanted to help you out.
It also seems the OP himself is not caring about this thread, so who knows when he will come back. :(
So I decided to become a little help for you. Hope this helps.

Frenzy charge :

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blood_rage
Blood rage buff gives you 1 frenzy charge per killing 1 mob.
Thus, you use flicker -> use 1 frenzy per flickering -> kills y amount of mobs -> gains y amount of frenzy.
Go make it easier,

flicker -> use 1 frenzy charge -> kill 1 (or more) mob -> gain 1 frenzy charge -> flicker -> use ~~~ ... and so on and so on.

For power charge :

His Heegemony's era grants 1 power charge for knock-backing monster. With Blunt Trauma skill node ("Knocks back enemies if you crit with your staff"), you will knock back enemies (we are crit build), and Hegemony's era will give you power charge.

You can use Assassin's Mark before you have Hegemony's.

2. This one I can't help, because I'm not OP.

My gems tho, if it helps... currently 78.

Reduced mana - Herald of Ash - Ele prolife - Burning dmg
CWDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal call - Increased duration
Flicker - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Melee physical dmg - Increased crit strike dmg (5Link, because I'm poor and a casual scrub lol)
Blood rage - Assassin's Mark - Blood magic - Portal
Leap slam - Faster Attacks - Purity of Lightning (I'm using Lightning coil) - Reduced mana

OP might use Heavy Strike 5~6 link for single target.

3. For initial frenzy charges : Blood Rage -> Leap slam (kill 1~2 mobs to gain 1~2 frenzy charge) -> curse -> Flicker.

After getting Frenzy charges going -> just flicker around, with curse :D

4. In any build, I usually take life nodes till 50~60, and then start getting dmg nodes.
Reason behind this is that leveling up til Merc is really easy, since you can get carried by the twink gears and weapons. I mean, even a Arc witch can level up with facebreaker + Tabula(or just a 4 link, np) from 1~60, without taking any physical dmg nodes, and it will be super ez mode. I know because I've done it before :)

I did something like...
Spoiler

23 Points : Life. https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA9kiMzz38WGPG2F8_vJ_vDicv45_yL6SsMft_45tY5FEZLtSPZ5uHGWwW_Esn7Q==

44 Points : Travel and Life.
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA9kiMzz38WGPG2F8_vJ_vDicv45_yL6SsMft_45tY5FEZLtSPZ5uHGWwW_Esn7cAaWfOsqho4p4SQVew4GmzkIilPJKoWbzbp42rFiny7Oti1BKcIna6PRg==

71 Points : Life!!!
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA9kiMzz38WGPG2F8_vJ_vDicv45_yL6SsMft_45tY5FEZLtSPZ5uHGWwW_Esn7cAaWfOsqho4p4SQVew4GmzkIilPJKoWbzbp42rFiny7Oti1BKcIna6PRodq4uoB3L6KeA0LYXlowQSE2amUkGwUUmVNR369gS7_og9QUKIA8B-paBRN2L01krXyqW6ZKw==

Starting using blood dance + flickering? Use staff if you want, so let's get some Dex nodes and dmg nodes!
Pretty much lvl 52 or 58, is when the high-base staffs are avaiable. I think I flickered from lvl 52, with a crappy pdps 250-ish staff. But still i was able to clear fast. Mostly because I was using Tabula 6 Link.
95 Points
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA9kiMzz38WGPG2F8_vJ_vDicv45_yL6SsMft_45tY5FEZLtSPZ5uHGWwW_Esn7cAaWfOsqho4p4SQVew4GmzkIilPJKoWbzbp42rFiny7Oti1BKcIna6PRodq4uoB3L6KeA0LYXlowQSE2amUkGwUUmVNR369gS7_og9QUKIA8B-paBRN2L01krXyqW6ZK52KiDgW-fuLQXK8ml6lE3FjC8lnWK6ftFtZ83EYXdrd1Yuvc5MHt3LV-MS4bmm-pw==

107 Points - End game : Get some block, increased aoe from Templar side, and most importantly, Eye of the eagle for the accuracy.
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2F8_vJ_vDicv45_yL6SsMft_45tY5FEZLtSPZ5uHGWwW_Esn7cAaWfOsqho4p4SQVew4GmzkIilPJKoWbzbp42rFiny7Oti1BKcIna6PRodq4uoB3L6KeA0LYXlowQSE2amUkGwUUmVNR369gS7_og9QUKIA8B-paBRN2L01krXyqW6ZK52KiDgW-fuLQXK8ml6lE3FjC8lnWK6ftFtZ83EYXdrd1Yuvc5MHt3LV-MS4bmm-pwixP_zoZoY7FPZr2YV9FkAt0u98gzg0MdmiSi6npQ==

Again, this is how I would do it.
I'm lvl 78, and doing pretty much the exact the tree progression I just posted, and I'm having a blast.

THANK YOU SO MUCH :D!! I really appreciate that. Helps me a lot.
Hi, I've been playing a flicker strike for a bit of time and was wondering if herald of ash was really worth it. From my experience and from your videos it doesn't seem to add any clear speed to the flicker+multi+splash combo. What is the benefit?
Thanks
I want try it on Beyond...
I want use Lightning coil and rat nest in place of abyssus.
Can you tell me why you don take iron reflex? it looks good idea with lightning coil.
Why not Vaal Pact?

p.s what is good to use for single target?
and what bandits you choose?
Thx for answer
Last edited by Jarovb on Sep 29, 2014, 2:28:40 AM
How does party play go if you're not getting all the kills ?
And bosses where there's not alot of other minions
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
Last edited by Auxion on Sep 28, 2014, 9:06:57 PM
This build has long grabbed my attention,looks really damn fun! but i wonder will it be doable with pillar of the caged god?

Also, has OP attempted atziri with this? :p
Last edited by Shurikenger on Oct 8, 2014, 2:14:39 AM
i have tried pillar of the caged god. it is very good for leveling but not enought if you dont build your equipement around it. You have to aim for +str/+dex/+x-x phy dmg item and it is hard to add life and resist too. so arrived at lvl +/- 55 i had to stop using it.
now i am using this staff:

and it works very nice
You have a video of a CI/vaal pact version, but we don't have any tree/stuff linked.

Could you link it please?
So.. few questions.

I saw a guy using Ash Flicker (Maybe not prolif, not sure).. but with daggers.

He claimed 80k DPS with an 11k tooltip Flicker at 8 casts per second and since flicker is "Damage per Use" instead of damage per second.. is he correct?

I followed your build pretty strictly and I can easily clear gorge :D and im having lots of fun currently being level 76. My weapon is about 450 dps and my crit w/o charges is about 39% . with charges & curse its about 70-80 .

My question for you what are the differences for this build between daggers & staves ? His Tooltip / DPS is WAY higher than mine as my tooltip is only at 6200 (with ash on) and he claims his was 11k with a 250dps dagger.

What are the pros / cons of using a stave vs dagger? What do you think would be better in the long run?

I am curious if I should have went daggers instead :\ .

I am still new and don't fully understand the mechanics of this build or most builds for that matter but how does it effect our ash prolif?

Just curious, any opinions appreciated!

Thanks,

Last edited by bomb714 on Oct 12, 2014, 3:29:21 PM
He claimed 80k DPS with an 11k tooltip Flicker at 8 casts per second and since flicker is "Damage per Use" instead of damage per second.. is he correct?
To be honest, dps numbers are a bit difficult to calculate, and I try to compare clear speed with other builds. There are a lot of factors which go into dps calculations, and on flicker its really hard to estimate. If you have 5k (physical) damage per hit with multistrike and splash it seems to be on par with a cleave dps tooltip of about 80-90,000. However if you run hatred and are making the number by elemental damage, its significantly lower comparatively.

Dagger flicker is the highest dps version of flicker, and its a bit safer. Back when flicker tooltip actually showeed dps, my dagger flicker build was at about 225,,000 - 285,000 dps tooltip. In comparison, it was not nearly as fast as my current CI version of this build which has a 18,740 tooltip.

2H can "flick" farther per flick than daggers can, but its far more difficult to play and build. The biggest thing is the fun of 2H for me outweighs the rest.

My question for you what are the differences for this build between daggers & staves ? His Tooltip / DPS is WAY higher than mine as my tooltip is only at 6200 (with ash on) and he claims his was 11k with a 250dps dagger. What are the pros / cons of using a stave vs dagger? What do you think would be better in the long run?

Dagger builds are a lot easier defensively, and cheaper overall as the remaining gear is pricey. I always start from the gear, and then make builds. I did daggers flicker for several leagues, and I think done a few hundred levels with it. I would recommend you follow what you enjoy, and do both. I personally find using a 2H a lot more fun.

I am curious if I should have went daggers instead :\ .
It depends on your goals, I tried to make a disclaimer that this was a high level build, but I understand people disregard it. I do hope you enjoyed it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info