VarthDaver's Flicker Ash Prolif Build

Sexy, strong, and nice clear speed build :)

Honestly I think your build should've been build of the week for the Herald of Ash utilize build, instead of that un-finished molten strike build.

Keep the videos coming! I always enjoy them.

As soon as I get some currency, I'll definitely gonna try this build out.

-----------------

I'm pretty damn sure you already tried this out, but still I was curious;

Would lightning coil work for this build, instead of Belly?
Perhaps losing some of the accuracy from one of the ring, and getting more lightning res from that ring.
Losing some clear speed (due to lose of accuracy), but Abyssus and lightning coil cancels out.

Again, I'm sure you've tried this out, but I was just wondering reason why you dropped it.

-------------------

Edit : another question : You don't seem to get any degen from Blood rage.
We take purity of flesh (20% chaos res) + Chaos res from gear (you have 16% i think) and have 4.3% life regen from the tree. Is this enough??
Last edited by greensunggwa on Sep 20, 2014, 5:15:12 AM
this build looks sweet, im gonna try it out, thanks for the share :)
Why not added fire as 6th gem (instead of ECoMS)?

How about using your 5L for Herald (your setup+reduced mana), that way you could use another aura (grace, hatred, determination, whatever you need)?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Wow this build looks EXTREMELY FUN. I am still a noob as i've only been playing for a short time now; I have some questions for you:

1. How do you constantly have so many charges up?
2. What other skills / gems do you use?
3. Can you fill in the mechanics section soon :P . I am going to start a new guy right now and follow this guide.
4. If you have time, can you please explain a little on passive tree skill order? I am not sure which nodes to take first or in what order.

Anyways, Build looks awesome & super Fun. I hope I'll have similar results later on.

Thanks for sharing!
@Bomb714

I'm a newbie myself, but I'm following the guide and having a blast, so I wanted to help you out.
It also seems the OP himself is not caring about this thread, so who knows when he will come back. :(
So I decided to become a little help for you. Hope this helps.

Frenzy charge :

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blood_rage
Blood rage buff gives you 1 frenzy charge per killing 1 mob.
Thus, you use flicker -> use 1 frenzy per flickering -> kills y amount of mobs -> gains y amount of frenzy.
Go make it easier,

flicker -> use 1 frenzy charge -> kill 1 (or more) mob -> gain 1 frenzy charge -> flicker -> use ~~~ ... and so on and so on.

For power charge :

His Heegemony's era grants 1 power charge for knock-backing monster. With Blunt Trauma skill node ("Knocks back enemies if you crit with your staff"), you will knock back enemies (we are crit build), and Hegemony's era will give you power charge.

You can use Assassin's Mark before you have Hegemony's.

2. This one I can't help, because I'm not OP.

My gems tho, if it helps... currently 78.

Reduced mana - Herald of Ash - Ele prolife - Burning dmg
CWDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal call - Increased duration
Flicker - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Melee physical dmg - Increased crit strike dmg (5Link, because I'm poor and a casual scrub lol)
Blood rage - Assassin's Mark - Blood magic - Portal
Leap slam - Faster Attacks - Purity of Lightning (I'm using Lightning coil) - Reduced mana

OP might use Heavy Strike 5~6 link for single target.

3. For initial frenzy charges : Blood Rage -> Leap slam (kill 1~2 mobs to gain 1~2 frenzy charge) -> curse -> Flicker.

After getting Frenzy charges going -> just flicker around, with curse :D

4. In any build, I usually take life nodes till 50~60, and then start getting dmg nodes.
Reason behind this is that leveling up til Merc is really easy, since you can get carried by the twink gears and weapons. I mean, even a Arc witch can level up with facebreaker + Tabula(or just a 4 link, np) from 1~60, without taking any physical dmg nodes, and it will be super ez mode. I know because I've done it before :)

I did something like...
Spoiler

23 Points : Life. https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA9kiMzz38WGPG2F8_vJ_vDicv45_yL6SsMft_45tY5FEZLtSPZ5uHGWwW_Esn7Q==

44 Points : Travel and Life.
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA9kiMzz38WGPG2F8_vJ_vDicv45_yL6SsMft_45tY5FEZLtSPZ5uHGWwW_Esn7cAaWfOsqho4p4SQVew4GmzkIilPJKoWbzbp42rFiny7Oti1BKcIna6PRg==

71 Points : Life!!!
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA9kiMzz38WGPG2F8_vJ_vDicv45_yL6SsMft_45tY5FEZLtSPZ5uHGWwW_Esn7cAaWfOsqho4p4SQVew4GmzkIilPJKoWbzbp42rFiny7Oti1BKcIna6PRodq4uoB3L6KeA0LYXlowQSE2amUkGwUUmVNR369gS7_og9QUKIA8B-paBRN2L01krXyqW6ZKw==

Starting using blood dance + flickering? Use staff if you want, so let's get some Dex nodes and dmg nodes!
Pretty much lvl 52 or 58, is when the high-base staffs are avaiable. I think I flickered from lvl 52, with a crappy pdps 250-ish staff. But still i was able to clear fast. Mostly because I was using Tabula 6 Link.
95 Points
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA9kiMzz38WGPG2F8_vJ_vDicv45_yL6SsMft_45tY5FEZLtSPZ5uHGWwW_Esn7cAaWfOsqho4p4SQVew4GmzkIilPJKoWbzbp42rFiny7Oti1BKcIna6PRodq4uoB3L6KeA0LYXlowQSE2amUkGwUUmVNR369gS7_og9QUKIA8B-paBRN2L01krXyqW6ZK52KiDgW-fuLQXK8ml6lE3FjC8lnWK6ftFtZ83EYXdrd1Yuvc5MHt3LV-MS4bmm-pw==

107 Points - End game : Get some block, increased aoe from Templar side, and most importantly, Eye of the eagle for the accuracy.
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2F8_vJ_vDicv45_yL6SsMft_45tY5FEZLtSPZ5uHGWwW_Esn7cAaWfOsqho4p4SQVew4GmzkIilPJKoWbzbp42rFiny7Oti1BKcIna6PRodq4uoB3L6KeA0LYXlowQSE2amUkGwUUmVNR369gS7_og9QUKIA8B-paBRN2L01krXyqW6ZK52KiDgW-fuLQXK8ml6lE3FjC8lnWK6ftFtZ83EYXdrd1Yuvc5MHt3LV-MS4bmm-pwixP_zoZoY7FPZr2YV9FkAt0u98gzg0MdmiSi6npQ==

Again, this is how I would do it.
I'm lvl 78, and doing pretty much the exact the tree progression I just posted, and I'm having a blast.

I have had this staff for a while now, would this be an acceptable one for this build? I know it has no added crit chance but the dps is about the same as Hege's staff.
I'm using a similar build. If you want more tankiness use a self cast immortal call.

IC w/20q Inc Duration w/ 20q and a enhance. With a lvl 2 enhance and 6 charges, I get 16 secs of phys immunity. With enduring cry and spell echo you can pretty much have immortal call up all the time. If you had 7 charges and a lvl 3 enhance it would be even better (obv).

Regards
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Why not added fire as 6th gem (instead of ECoMS)?

How about using your 5L for Herald (your setup+reduced mana), that way you could use another aura (grace, hatred, determination, whatever you need)?

Two reasons:

1) ECoMS gives power charge generation during IC uptime, and makes you basically immune to reflect
2) Add fire, and hatred both give you elemental damage, and while good paper dps, can cause you to be vulnerable to mobs which grant elemental reflect to allies. It basically opens you up twice, for limited gain.
"
jiggyji wrote:
I'm using a similar build. If you want more tankiness use a self cast immortal call.

IC w/20q Inc Duration w/ 20q and a enhance. With a lvl 2 enhance and 6 charges, I get 16 secs of phys immunity. With enduring cry and spell echo you can pretty much have immortal call up all the time. If you had 7 charges and a lvl 3 enhance it would be even better (obv).

Regards

Indeed, I ran a similar version to this for a while, but getting 7 charges requires over 8 points which is about 20-30% dps. It is definitely an option, and good if you are having issues with physical daamge.
Last edited by VarthDaver on Sep 25, 2014, 6:15:53 PM
"
iiowyn wrote:

I have had this staff for a while now, would this be an acceptable one for this build? I know it has no added crit chance but the dps is about the same as Hege's staff.

The crit really matters on a build like this, but my suggestion is to try it. I was personally using DW until I got Era, so did not experiment much with anything before L75 with Era.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info