[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

I want to say thanks for this awesome and detailed guide. I just got back into playing and started a ranger in HC yesterday since that is where most of my currency is at. Got to level cruel ledge in about 4 hours with this guide. Its so much fun watching the mobs shatter and burn in 1-2 hits.

Would this be a viable build for the new HC league that comes out with 1.3? I am very much enjoying tornado shot.
"
Frankyboy07 wrote:
I want to say thanks for this awesome and detailed guide. I just got back into playing and started a ranger in HC yesterday since that is where most of my currency is at. Got to level cruel ledge in about 4 hours with this guide. Its so much fun watching the mobs shatter and burn in 1-2 hits.

Would this be a viable build for the new HC league that comes out with 1.3? I am very much enjoying tornado shot.

Hi there,

I can't answer that until we know the full changelog and the new gems/uniques.

However, I'll update this guide ASAP and will start off with the build myself.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Been playing this build for a week now, and I'm really really enjoying it, even more so once I hit level 70 or so and could start playing high level maps. Thanks a ton for this really well-written guide, it's awesome! It covers so much, there's really not much not covered in the guide. I do have some small requests if you are going to update the guide in the future:

- Since the build can be used not only with a Ranger but also with the Shadow, Scion and Duelist (with some modifications) it would be really nice to see your finished build skill tree for those classes as well. I realize the build isn't as good on other classes but I think many players use it with those classes (me and my Shadow, for example :P )

- A paragraph detailing the optimal level for the CWDT gems would be really nice. I guess the gem levels you've linked are optimal but it would be nice to know why more in-depth :)
"
Jeppeboy wrote:
Been playing this build for a week now, and I'm really really enjoying it, even more so once I hit level 70 or so and could start playing high level maps. Thanks a ton for this really well-written guide, it's awesome! It covers so much, there's really not much not covered in the guide. I do have some small requests if you are going to update the guide in the future:

- Since the build can be used not only with a Ranger but also with the Shadow, Scion and Duelist (with some modifications) it would be really nice to see your finished build skill tree for those classes as well. I realize the build isn't as good on other classes but I think many players use it with those classes (me and my Shadow, for example :P )

- A paragraph detailing the optimal level for the CWDT gems would be really nice. I guess the gem levels you've linked are optimal but it would be nice to know why more in-depth :)

Hi, thanks for the feedback :)

I'll try to include the additional trees (Scion/Duelist/Shadow) and the CWDT levels in the next update

Kinda ontopic: The new skilltree update is out, C4pture and me were just overlooking them and I think we got the tree for the next league tornado shot :).

Changes:
+A LOT more accuracy

+More (projectile) damage/attack speed
+More resists
+More evasion

+About same movement speed
~About same life
~About same phys damage
~About same crit (slightly higher?)

-Slightly less crit damage

This is not final, but here's a preview (designed this some days ago, but confirmed just now):

Clickme!

Part of the credit goes to this strange being in the next post.
(PS: AND no we still haven't figured out why kids like cinnamon toast crunchies so much, but we're working on it)
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Dec 8, 2014, 9:28:06 PM
\o/ but do you know why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

you didn't even spell my name right :<

Edit2: I'll have to edit again, my name is spelled right now ! O:
IGN - NeilahMistwalker
- ShrubSquad
Last edited by C4pture on Dec 8, 2014, 10:54:04 PM
Looks great, I was looking at the 1.3 tree and I had similar assumptions about where you were going to go!

Thanks a million for the build in the first place, I just got to lvl 80 and I can speed run maps so well. I was especially impressed with the ability to run Double Jungle Valley Boss with no regen :) This has easily taken over my previous builds to being my favorite character to play. Thank you.

My Gear for the lulz
Spoiler

Edit: The No Quality on the bow is because I am currently trying to at least 5L it
Last edited by TMHChaser on Dec 8, 2014, 10:48:32 PM
We still don't know if they are gonig to nerf the base dmg of TS. Your dps might still drop if they decide to bring TS down to a normal level. (109% at level 20 is too much imo)
IGN - NeilahMistwalker
- ShrubSquad
Thanks for the updated tree! Curious, if you were not going to take the pierce nodes because no drillneck (and as self found i'll probably never get one lol), would you throw the 4 nodes saved at more evasion or the nearby damage nodes (you could get avatar of the hunt with those 4 nodes which would give you 30% more crit, 20% damaged, attack speed and move speed).

Edit: Oh and my new bow I just managed to craft after FINALLY getting Elreon to lvl 8 today...think I'll finally settle down as I never managed to get a good % phys roll.

Spoiler

will replace my previously yolo exalted:

Last edited by cdchi1 on Dec 9, 2014, 2:27:21 AM
Hi, I am yet to play this build and I cant wait to make this with the upcoming torment league. Just a question.

Do you think it's worth it to get the "Bloodletting" passive to boost puncture even if you're not using the chinsol/trap/puncture variation?? Or is it too much skill points that could be used somewhere else? The bleed seems to be quite significant, but I just wanna know your opinion on it.

Thanks for this awesome guide btw. I really look forward to building this.
Hi mate!

Two questions:

1-Do you think it would be a good idea to use
because of HIGH evasion, +1 level and 30% chaos RES and if you put those auras...hatred+herald´s gem...more dmg!!

2-Iron Reflexes, yes or not?¿ (because dmg reflect)

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Dec 9, 2014, 3:28:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info