[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Need help in choosing Ascendancy subclass.
Started playing HC. After some failures finally chose ranger and made some progress. Lvled with Ice Shot. After finally getting that 100% pierce I felt that it wasn't what I really wanted, so I changed it into TS. It feels good. Some facts:
-It's HC.
-Gonna probably use Lioneye's Glare.
-Don't want to use LA. Played it recently. Preferably TS.
-At the moment I'm using pierce TS through pierce gem and tree cluster. If Deadeye's chain is far superior, I can change into it.
-Playing as Ranger. No reroll unless I die. ^^

What subclass/nodes do you suggest picking? I'm also thinking about picking pathfinder. Has anyone tried it?
Hi,

i need some help choosing ascendancy class.

I play as TS ranger with drillneck and pierce gem.

Gear

I am thinkig of choosing Deadeye. If i understand correctly, i should not go for Ricochet cuz i have more than 100% pierce chance?

What do you recommend for TS+Drillnech build?

Ty
Possibility given to add a Duelist-Skilltree?
First bowmen incoming and too many options...

Edit: just saw it 10 seconds ago that there's a nearly final one (leveling 100+ pts.) - so nvm about. :)
Last edited by Skazur on Mar 30, 2016, 4:07:10 PM
I gotta say that so far, and being lvl 80, Drillneck TS variant is very powerful to level up but falls HEAVILY on endgame. The main reason is the Drillneck itself; turns out that when I changed it for a Spike.point Quiver with a shitload of crit chance&mult (and resists and shenanigans) it skyrocketed my dps with other skills and tree variations. Chained LA is waaaaaaay better than any Pierce supported gem in terms of AOE, and BR/Frenzy obliterates anything and everything on few/single target respectively.

Anyways, it's only MY opinion so you better test for yourselves and pick whatever you like the most.

EDIT: btw I'm using the Raider class for the onslaught and dodge/phase, of course this comment would be VERY different if I'd had chosen Deadeye.
Last edited by partyboy505 on Mar 30, 2016, 4:43:08 PM
"
13isLucky wrote:
"
Gorrath wrote:
For those who've played both this build and Mathil's Voltaxic build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1550827

Which one would you say is the most effective?

Thanks
Both are effective, I found Mathil's easier to gear and I never have to worry about reflect. I like that about the Voltaxic build so I have gone away from physical crit completely. I still keep up with this thread as there is always good info and theory rolling around.

It comes down to what appeals to you as a player.

I found both builds equally easy to gear. Harbinger's are more expensive weapon-wise than Voltaxic, but aside from that, I think both build use fairly similar value in gear. Really the only major variables are jewelry and quiver slots. From what I've seen in both threads, it seems like more people have had trouble getting DPS high with Voltaxic than with TS.

Voltaxic is incredibly powerful. As others have said, you deal almost exclusively chaos damage. Chaos damage is not reflected so both Phys and Ele reflect maps are a breeze. Monsters typically have much lower chaos resistance than elemental or physical. Neversink's guide probably has stronger top-end capability, if you're talking mirrored gear and such, but Voltaxic makes most game content a breeze, even on a budget.
A short question: Drillneck and the Pierce gem are frequently mentioned, but am I correct that for a Tornado Shot build using Deadeye ascendancy the Ricochet point gives a lot better AoE coverage than 100% pierce even though the damage might be higher with the second one?
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
When using Ice Shot as your main bow skill would it be worth speccing into the cold damage clusters, including Fangs of Frost? They seem ideal for a damage boost for Ice Shot, what do you think?
[Removed]
Last edited by Vanakurat on Jul 6, 2018, 8:10:02 AM
Thanks for the great guide! I've thoroughly enjoyed turning Illyeth into my first 80+ character (Hey, we all start somewhere!). I'm starting to hit a wall, though.

Link to build

Spoiler

Obviously the amulet isn't helping. I've been kind of addicted to +movespeed, and need to replace it (I have one lined up, with an extra +90ish max life to boot). Then there's the flasks, need some improvement. Got lucky with finding that ToH early on. I've got two skill points tied up in +30 Str/Int which, if I swap to a decent Rare amulet, I can hopefully shift around. Tooltip DPS on TS is a hair over 18k w/ HoF & Hatred and no other buffs. 3,477 hp, 10.4k evasion, slightly overcapped resists.

All said, I feel like I should be doing better than I am, and yet I still find myself getting quickly pummeled in certain situations (Perandus chests, some exiles, some map bosses). What can I do to increase survivability?
Last edited by swilstastic on Mar 30, 2016, 11:15:11 PM
"
Thanks for the great guide! I've thoroughly enjoyed turning Illyeth into my first 80+ character (Hey, we all start somewhere!). I'm starting to hit a wall, though.

Apart from the low life rolls on some of your gear you also have only 0.4% life leech from the tree (and none from gear) which seems a bit low to sustain your life. On the other hand, 0.4% mana leech is enough for me (also Tornado Shot). So you could spec out of the Essence Sap cluster and put points into the Vitality Void cluster (including the dual life/mana leech point). Taking Master of the Arena will also help a lot with sustaining Blood Rage.

Other than that, offense is often the best defense, and your bow is decent but lacking the all-important base crit chance. Pity it wasn't crafted on instead of lightning damage. I don't know your budget but I got a fivelink with similar damage but increased crit chance

for 3 Exalted recently so if an upgrade is affordable you should do it.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Last edited by scrooge999 on Mar 31, 2016, 3:41:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info