[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Get one or two +2 mana on hit jewels.
Spec into Essence Sap or Spirit Void if it isn't done already.

On a side note, there are better support than added cold damage which is meh for its mana multiplier (which doesn't help with your mana issues). And blast rain should have WED instead of either added cold or faster attack (another one that doesn't help with mana).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Are either of these quivers a clear cut winner? I gain about 5k more tool tip dps with the Broadhead at the cost of dropping my health below 4k. I have not tried dropping the mana leach nodes but should probably see if I can sustain my mana with the leach from the broadhead. If thats the case I could certainly use those three points in the tree more effectively

thanks
Last edited by Neurik on Feb 24, 2016, 10:57:42 AM
Hello guyz,

First of all a big thanks for this wonderful build, didn't think so at first, but it's really a great one.

Now I see that a lot of people discuss here about making it better, and I've tried to ameliorate my stuff alone, but I still can't make it by myself I'm afraid. And now I am starting to have difficulties in some maps or against some boss.
So here it is, I'm lvl 78 in Hardcore, but my tooltip dps for TS is only 4000 (5600 with hatred, without the frenzy), and Blast Rain is 4100 dps (5100 with hatred, without the frenzy).

Here is my stuff (trying to 5L my bow and my chest, but it's taking time ... and currency, and was pretty unlucky until now), the tree is mostly the one in the original post specially made for HC (defensive skilltree).

Its hard to change the boots since they are the one that give me frenzy charges. And I must say again that I play in HC, so survivability is the most important.

By the way, I saw that OP said that we can link Ice Golem + Culling strike + Item rarity. Is it really useful ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english :)
Last edited by Ghorghorexp on Feb 24, 2016, 1:24:40 PM
Would it be worth it to swap:

For:

Belly - 5K HP and 26% chance to evade
Alpha+Queen - 4.3K and 46% chance to evade (without Grace).

I can recap my resists easily and try to get more HP on the rings and gloves since the offer little as of now. Is it beneficial to trade the 700HP for 20% (without Grace) extra chance to evade?
I also have 40% and 30% chance to dodge attacks and spells respectively, if the information matters.
"
Iamfuzzeh wrote:
Would it be worth it to swap:

For:

Belly - 5K HP and 26% chance to evade
Alpha+Queen - 4.3K and 46% chance to evade (without Grace).

I can recap my resists easily and try to get more HP on the rings and gloves since the offer little as of now. Is it beneficial to trade the 700HP for 20% (without Grace) extra chance to evade?
I also have 40% and 30% chance to dodge attacks and spells respectively, if the information matters.

It's two completely different setups. It is like comparing oranges with apples. One gives you a safer setup for hit points to take big hits. The other gives you lower damage, different passives, increased evasion and +20-25% movement speed.

Worth it? It completely depends on what you want to achieve.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 24, 2016, 6:35:49 PM
"
Ghorghorexp wrote:
Hello guyz,

First of all a big thanks for this wonderful build, didn't think so at first, but it's really a great one.

Now I see that a lot of people discuss here about making it better, and I've tried to ameliorate my stuff alone, but I still can't make it by myself I'm afraid. And now I am starting to have difficulties in some maps or against some boss.
So here it is, I'm lvl 78 in Hardcore, but my tooltip dps for TS is only 4000 (5600 with hatred, without the frenzy), and Blast Rain is 4100 dps (5100 with hatred, without the frenzy).

Here is my stuff (trying to 5L my bow and my chest, but it's taking time ... and currency, and was pretty unlucky until now), the tree is mostly the one in the original post specially made for HC (defensive skilltree).

Its hard to change the boots since they are the one that give me frenzy charges. And I must say again that I play in HC, so survivability is the most important.

By the way, I saw that OP said that we can link Ice Golem + Culling strike + Item rarity. Is it really useful ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english :)

This is my preferred hardcore passive setup for lvl 85:
(Bandits = HP, passive, passive - passives are really worth it since you will need those extra hp nodes).
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73p9de4O_rqjirvjI_bEok2SjX2n1DB8_sh_K1FHGwE51DfUjb-VBedUGf529-0_BbXUIwiJJP0GIzH66NYwcZrx_957FKCfmybndN2oXWgyAW1sS3jKqbIZOkLPemHrelM2PZ2qbIxirLVI1EKEb3X9Fr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFL8xQ2Nh3bjn0p9W68hdobOwTOQCk4qI9OPYEz_QzGNfre2dcvqYtrBdO0FLXrvLlPTb76nZU29Nkd-hNmwq8SCivDpRmegbyeaag==

Your gear:

Boots = The Blood Dance suck big time and should be the first thing you should replace. Instantly. Use Blood Rage and get 3,6% life regen from passives instead. Much better. Get a Rare or Atziri Boots instead.
Helmet = Starkonja's Head is a really good hardcore alternative :) Gives you offensive stats and high hp. Just one with 95+HP
Flasks = Your current setup is fine for now.
Chest = Your best item, keep it. 5L it :)
Bow = Should be easy to replace to be honest.
Rings and Amulet = Do not go overboard on hp on these items even though you play hardcore. Amulet = DPS and attributes > HP (get either room for Elreon HP enchant or 40 HP on amulet). Rings = cap off resists + HP. This should be your main priority.
Gloves: 6% attack speed is not good. Replace them with anything with decent rolls of any kind (resistance, hit points, flat phys, room for attack speed enchant, whatever)
Hi there!

would someone please tell me which items should be replaced first? currently i am looking for better gloves, but that's probably not all. my char is lvl 87, and gaining levels is very hard, because i am dying all the time with slightly above 4k life and slightly above 23 k dam with 2 buffs.

admittedly, thats to some part due to the slow computer, but i am also playing recklessly. nonetheless, i would like to my my char tougher first before strengthening the offensive capabilities. for that i am asking where improvement is probably cheapest, and also, which items i'm more likely to be wearing for some time. thank you!

Last edited by Donnerdrummel on Feb 24, 2016, 6:02:23 PM
"
Donnerdrummel wrote:
Hi there!

would someone please tell me which items should be replaced first? currently i am looking for better gloves, but that's probably not all. my char is lvl 87, and gaining levels is very hard, because i am dying all the time with slightly above 4k life and slightly above 23 k dam with 2 buffs.

admittedly, thats to some part due to the slow computer, but i am also playing recklessly. nonetheless, i would like to my my char tougher first before strengthening the offensive capabilities. for that i am asking where improvement is probably cheapest, and also, which items i'm more likely to be wearing for some time. thank you!

Lot of room for improvement:
Remove hypothermia from your CoH setup. It is not worth it since you increase the mana reserved.
Remove Ice golem and switch with increased duration for longer blood rage and immortal call (use Vorici, its only 285 chroms).
Boots & Gloves = You got 0 res on them which means A) lower dps stats on rings or B) no maligaro gloves. I would go for a rare pair of gloves with resistance, high hp and room for attack speed enchant.
Quiver = Your quiver is horrible. It has low damage, low hp and and a bad implicit rolls. A) The conversion from physical -> cold is a bad thing due to reflect. Try to somewhat balance your physical and elemental damage. B) A magic (blue) spike point quiver with crit multiplier and life would actually be just as good as your current one. Replace it asap (spike-point as base is really good).

You should invest into leech wheel near duelist (ignore Essence Sap which is only needed for high end maps with no leech mod on them and you do not have a backup jewel with +2 mana on hit). This allows you to ignore leech on gear. Important!

Amulet = pure dps item slot. 0 resistance is your goal here.

Chest & Gloves & Boots = Your chest has very low resistances. This means it becomes very hard for you to run with atziri boots. It is 6L and I got a feeling you do not have endless currency, so keep the chest piece, throw out boots for a good rare that has movement speed and resistances.
-
IGN: Elem_Mental

Lets all drink red bull jump out of a plane and hope for the best.
Hey, thx for this awesome build, Iam sorry, but I have to ask another quiver question.

Right now, I use this one for about 50k TS damage.

But I found this one a few maps ago.

I have about 2k more screen damage with Wrath Needle, so the question for me is, how valuable is +1arrow? Is it included in the damage calculation?
Should I change the quiver?
Last edited by traax87 on Feb 25, 2016, 11:16:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info