[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
traax87 wrote:
Hey, thx for this awesome build, Iam sorry, but I have to ask another quiver question.

Right now, I use this one for about 50k TS damage.

But I found this one a few maps ago.

I have about 2k more screen damage with Wrath Needle, so the question for me is, how valuable is +1arrow? Is it included in the damage calculation?
Should I change the quiver?

It is not included. You should not switch.
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Lot of room for improvement:

AAAAAAAhhh here it comes. Well, i asked for it. thanks! :-)
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Remove hypothermia from your CoH setup. It is not worth it since you increase the mana reserved.
Remove Ice golem and switch with increased duration for longer blood rage and immortal call (use Vorici, its only 285 chroms).
Will try.
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Boots & Gloves = You got 0 res on them which means A) lower dps stats on rings or B) no maligaro gloves. I would go for a rare pair of gloves with resistance, high hp and room for attack speed enchant.

I already have got just the thing.... but can't crafct increased attack speed yes, as it seems. Will Level those guys[/quote]
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Quiver = Your quiver is horrible. It has low damage, low hp and and a bad implicit rolls. A) The conversion from physical -> cold is a bad thing due to reflect. Try to somewhat balance your physical and elemental damage. B) A magic (blue) spike point quiver with crit multiplier and life would actually be just as good as your current one. Replace it asap (spike-point as base is really good).

Well, that's funny, because i was pretty sure that the quiver was among my best things. After all, it increased the damage by a fair margin when i put it on and replaced my old one. You'd probably not like that one, either. :-)
But why is physical to cold bad? after all, i do have among my tornado jewels, so physical to cold should increase the damage by a lot - am i completely wrong?
also, concerning the reflect damage - there is reflect elemental and reflect physical damage. i thought that by having lover physical and higher elemental damage, reflect physical would not hurt as mucch, and the reflected elemental damage i have resistances for. wrong again? as it is, reflect maps hurt, sure, but are manageble. (up to tier 7-8 or so. after that, a lot of attentention is needed, anyway. wrong again?
"
Frankenberry wrote:

You should invest into leech wheel near duelist (ignore Essence Sap which is only needed for high end maps with no leech mod on them and you do not have a backup jewel with +2 mana on hit). This allows you to ignore leech on gear. Important!

will do.
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Amulet = pure dps item slot. 0 resistance is your goal here.

Chest & Gloves & Boots = Your chest has very low resistances. This means it becomes very hard for you to run with atziri boots. It is 6L and I got a feeling you do not have endless currency, so keep the chest piece, throw out boots for a good rare that has movement speed and resistances.

yes, i read the guide and... well, i did not think, apparently. i do have boots fast res boots, and will put them on.

again, thanks. would you please answer the questions concerning the quiver, too? it would help me understand this game better, i assume.
"
Donnerdrummel wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Quiver = Your quiver is horrible. It has low damage, low hp and and a bad implicit rolls. A) The conversion from physical -> cold is a bad thing due to reflect. Try to somewhat balance your physical and elemental damage. B) A magic (blue) spike point quiver with crit multiplier and life would actually be just as good as your current one. Replace it asap (spike-point as base is really good).

Well, that's funny, because i was pretty sure that the quiver was among my best things. After all, it increased the damage by a fair margin when i put it on and replaced my old one. You'd probably not like that one, either. :-)
But why is physical to cold bad? after all, i do have among my tornado jewels, so physical to cold should increase the damage by a lot - am i completely wrong?
also, concerning the reflect damage - there is reflect elemental and reflect physical damage. i thought that by having lover physical and higher elemental damage, reflect physical would not hurt as mucch, and the reflected elemental damage i have resistances for. wrong again? as it is, reflect maps hurt, sure, but are manageble. (up to tier 7-8 or so. after that, a lot of attentention is needed, anyway. wrong again?

There are a few things about the Quiver.
The Vaal implicit phys -> conversion: A solid way to make reflect much less dangerous is to balance your damage between phys and elemental. Assuming your damage becomes a bit higher you would soon start to have real problems with elemental reflect - especially with the TS - GMP - PTL - WED - PPAD - FA setup instead of TS - GMP - AFD - ICS - PPAD - FA setup which is more reflect safe.

Now the cold damage does benefit from WED but then again it is elemental damage and not physical damage which means monster resistances (which increases through the map tiers due to map mods + elemental equilibrium) will overall make your elemental damage worth less than physical damage. Hence you should aim for a balance. Also you miss out on 30% critical chance which is great!

The rolls you seek on a quiver is 30% implicit crit chance + 30+% crit multi, 30+% crit chance and 30+% WED. Also room for attack speed enchant is nice. Also HP can go quite high in this spot so its annoying to only have 40 and not 90 :)

So you quiver has low dps stats, low hp and an implicit roll that does not give you much benefit :(

For more information on reflect look into this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1549663
Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 25, 2016, 3:38:18 PM
New player, following guide and it's great! Up to 67 now and have saved some currency. Where are the priority areas to upgrade?

Here's my current setup.

Spoiler
why do i use chain instead of physical proj attk dmg on lightning arrow? seems like a nerf i guess i don't understand what chain does it doesn't seem any different just less dmg
"
Pango1981 wrote:
why do i use chain instead of physical proj attk dmg on lightning arrow? seems like a nerf i guess i don't understand what chain does it doesn't seem any different just less dmg

Standard LA setup = LA + GMP + CHAIN + PPAD.
From there on there are two routes. Either you got for PTL + WED for complete phys -> lightning conversion (good for phys reflect maps, but makes elemental reflect very dangerous) OR a safer setup with WED + AFD.

So you should use both.

As for what chain does, it makes sure every hit then change direction and flies towards a new target. This happens twice.

So for instance if you fired 1 lightning arrow without GMP you would hit target A, then target B and then target C (or target a once more). So a total of 3 hits.

With GMP it becomes 5 x 3 hits instead :)
Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 26, 2016, 6:33:58 AM
"
New player, following guide and it's great! Up to 67 now and have saved some currency. Where are the priority areas to upgrade?

Here's my current setup.

Spoiler

Since you need to upgrade all your gear I am gonna give you a few budget tips:

Passive setup for lvl 64:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73oknX117g5iWv66o4r8xbvjI_YNjcSiTZKNfVuvh3an1DB8kAoUdU4q45_-yFFHpMJM_yPTSn0bAY2_lQVDMY9gGf7UI9nGCInawY1-v9UGIzKUmvF07S5Tt7ZTu3sUfwJdaAUt0291y6bgyql67-pivqdlTb02R34FtejW53RtbLVINj2dqmyMYqzUQoRvdf0WvyaVYeJVS4w2

Passive setup for lvl 83:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73oknX117g5iWv66o4r8xbvjI_YNjcSiTZKNfVuvh3an1DB8kAoUdU4qIXbjn_7IfytRR6TCTP8j04bOSn0bATnU1oqNv5UFQzGPYMEzGf529wW11CPZxgiJ2sGNfr_VBiMx-ujWMpSa8XTtLlO3tlO7exSgn5sm53R_Al1oBS3Tb3XLMgFtbKbgyql67-pivqeyGTY9tUhlTc96napVhdRCvTZsjKXLhG9HfmKsdf0WvyaVYeJVS4w2idNwUsMzWho=

A) Chin Sol bow with Point Blank. You can easily clear Atziri with a 4L with this abusive setup. (this works best with Rain of Arrow & Blast Rain. Gem links = RoA + FA + PPAD + AFD & BR + Conc. effect. + PPAD + FA.
B) Starkonja's Head (try to get one with high HP)
C) Only have resist rolls on these items: Chest, Gloves (leave room for attack speed enchant), Belt, Boots and 1 Ring. This should be more than enough to cap your resists with the +15 from passives. Its a total of 3 x 120 elemental resist you need.
D) Absolutely no resists on amulet, 1 ring and quiver. Get pure dps / str + int for gem requirement and life on these items.

This setup is exceptionally effective for new players.
Later on switch into Tornado or Split Arrow.

Also I gotta ask - Are you using poe.trade, a lootfilter and acquisition / procurement? Go offline for 20 mins and set up the programs and watch youtube videos on how to use these programs / poe.trade efficiently.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 26, 2016, 6:48:06 AM
What ascendancy subclass would this build be most suited to? I imagine all of them can work well but my initial reaction was leaning toward the Raider or maybe the Pathfinder for a hardcore version.

Raider:

Rapid Assault
20% increased Attack Damage
20% chance to gain Onslaught for 3 seconds on Kill

50% increased Onslaught Effect
20% increased Attack Damage during Onslaught
25% more chance to Evade Melee Attacks during Onslaught
15% more chance to Evade Projectile Attacks during Onslaught

Rapid Assault
Way of the Poacher
10% increased Attack Speed
10% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill

2% increased Movement Speed per Frenzy Charge
3% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge
3% increased Attack Damage per Frenzy Charge
+1 Maximum Frenzy Charge

Way of the Poacher
Quartz Infusion
6% chance to Dodge Attacks
20% chance to gain Phasing for 3 seconds on Kill

20% increased Movement Speed while Phasing
Immune to Elemental Status Ailments while Phasing
10% chance to Dodge Spells while Phasing

Pathfinder

Nature's Boon
5% reduced Elemental Damage taken
Flasks gain a Charge every 3 seconds
N/A

Master Alchemist
30% increased Elemental Damage
Dispel Elemental Status Ailments on Flask Use
50% chance to Avoid Elemental Status Ailments while using a flask

Master Fletcher
Gain 10% of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element
Damage penetrates 10% Elemental Resistances

Nature's Adrenaline
15% increased Movement Speed while using a Flask
20% increased Attack Speed while using a Flask

Master Surgeon
30% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
Remove Bleeding on Flask use
20% chance for Flasks to gain a Charge when you deal a Critical Strike

Master Herbalist
30% increased Damage with Poison
30% increased Poison Duration
+30% Chaos Resistance while using a Flask
Always poison on Hit while using a Flask
"
Neurik wrote:
What ascendancy subclass would this build be most suited to? I imagine all of them can work well but my initial reaction was leaning toward the Raider or maybe the Pathfinder for a hardcore version.

Raider:

Rapid Assault
20% increased Attack Damage
20% chance to gain Onslaught for 3 seconds on Kill

50% increased Onslaught Effect
20% increased Attack Damage during Onslaught
25% more chance to Evade Melee Attacks during Onslaught
15% more chance to Evade Projectile Attacks during Onslaught

Rapid Assault
Way of the Poacher
10% increased Attack Speed
10% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill

2% increased Movement Speed per Frenzy Charge
3% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge
3% increased Attack Damage per Frenzy Charge
+1 Maximum Frenzy Charge

Way of the Poacher
Quartz Infusion
6% chance to Dodge Attacks
20% chance to gain Phasing for 3 seconds on Kill

20% increased Movement Speed while Phasing
Immune to Elemental Status Ailments while Phasing
10% chance to Dodge Spells while Phasing

Pathfinder

Nature's Boon
5% reduced Elemental Damage taken
Flasks gain a Charge every 3 seconds
N/A

Master Alchemist
30% increased Elemental Damage
Dispel Elemental Status Ailments on Flask Use
50% chance to Avoid Elemental Status Ailments while using a flask

Master Fletcher
Gain 10% of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element
Damage penetrates 10% Elemental Resistances

Nature's Adrenaline
15% increased Movement Speed while using a Flask
20% increased Attack Speed while using a Flask

Master Surgeon
30% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
Remove Bleeding on Flask use
20% chance for Flasks to gain a Charge when you deal a Critical Strike

Master Herbalist
30% increased Damage with Poison
30% increased Poison Duration
+30% Chaos Resistance while using a Flask
Always poison on Hit while using a Flask

This is something I have been paying attention to as well
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"

Here's my current setup.

Spoiler

Since you need to upgrade all your gear I am gonna give you a few budget tips:

Passive setup for lvl 64:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73oknX117g5iWv66o4r8xbvjI_YNjcSiTZKNfVuvh3an1DB8kAoUdU4q45_-yFFHpMJM_yPTSn0bAY2_lQVDMY9gGf7UI9nGCInawY1-v9UGIzKUmvF07S5Tt7ZTu3sUfwJdaAUt0291y6bgyql67-pivqdlTb02R34FtejW53RtbLVINj2dqmyMYqzUQoRvdf0WvyaVYeJVS4w2

Passive setup for lvl 83:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73oknX117g5iWv66o4r8xbvjI_YNjcSiTZKNfVuvh3an1DB8kAoUdU4qIXbjn_7IfytRR6TCTP8j04bOSn0bATnU1oqNv5UFQzGPYMEzGf529wW11CPZxgiJ2sGNfr_VBiMx-ujWMpSa8XTtLlO3tlO7exSgn5sm53R_Al1oBS3Tb3XLMgFtbKbgyql67-pivqeyGTY9tUhlTc96napVhdRCvTZsjKXLhG9HfmKsdf0WvyaVYeJVS4w2idNwUsMzWho=

A) Chin Sol bow with Point Blank. You can easily clear Atziri with a 4L with this abusive setup. (this works best with Rain of Arrow & Blast Rain. Gem links = RoA + FA + PPAD + AFD & BR + Conc. effect. + PPAD + FA.
B) Starkonja's Head (try to get one with high HP)
C) Only have resist rolls on these items: Chest, Gloves (leave room for attack speed enchant), Belt, Boots and 1 Ring. This should be more than enough to cap your resists with the +15 from passives. Its a total of 3 x 120 elemental resist you need.
D) Absolutely no resists on amulet, 1 ring and quiver. Get pure dps / str + int for gem requirement and life on these items.

This setup is exceptionally effective for new players.
Later on switch into Tornado or Split Arrow.

Also I gotta ask - Are you using poe.trade, a lootfilter and acquisition / procurement? Go offline for 20 mins and set up the programs and watch youtube videos on how to use these programs / poe.trade efficiently.

This is super helpful, thank you so much. I am using those tools and slowly learning how to use them more effectively. Thanks again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info