[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
xxfumaxx wrote:
"
GetRekz wrote:
What if you did like, hatred+herald of ice and than like Ice shot + chain + gmp + hypothermia + weapon ele dmg, and than the 6th link like ppad or fa??? :O it might not show a lot of tooltip dps cause idk if the tooltip includes hypothermia, but i feel like it'd slaughter everything :O

Changed only the gem from LA to IS in a 5L... Tooltip DPS +1000 even IS is lvl 12 and LA is 15/20 O-o

But it feels like lesser dps... i think i will lvl it offslot and try it later again...

im using like a lvl 15 ice shot w/ chain,weapon ele dmg,gmp, ptl (i dont have a 6 link yet >.>) and when it crits everything dies xD on t8/9/10 atm with only 10k tooltip
Hey guys, just made this build, I'm level 66 and I just bought a few upgrades on the cheap (I think I spent 5c total), I'm still a newbie-ish player, my only other char is a RT-cyclone marauder, so sorry if I say something silly, still learning... I still don't know which char of mine is worth dumping mad currency on, so probably everything you'll read is with a max 5c budget in mind =P

Wanted to ask opinions on my gear, I know I got some silly choices but mostly is because I had to cap resists, or I didn't want to spend too much since I'm not yet sure I want to main the character. Using lightning arrow and frenzy mainly, besides having int issues what should I prioritize on my gear?

I believe my worst pieces are rings+amu, maybe the boots/belt but I don't know the rest of the gear hwo it is. I bought head/weap/quiver/chest for 1c each since I had terrible gear, and I still don't know if I should replace gloves. Haven't yet master crafted anything and I only did change links and color of weapon and chest (needed atleast 3 green links, hoped for 5 of course =P, spent only a couple fusings though.)

Ideas? Also not sure if I should 4link my head/boots/gloves, they don't seem too final yet =P

thanks for the guide also!

edit: also if I found some mistakes should I post them to neversink? Found a few odds and ends around that confused me a bit due to probably multiple edits of the guide =P
Last edited by Neviskio on Jan 10, 2016, 10:47:34 PM
"
NeverSink wrote:
"
DuFFzbar wrote:
Anyone having issues killing yourself on Elemental Reflect? I wasn't having issues at first, but now I've increased my damage so much I kill myself almost instantly.

I dropped Hatred, and picked up Haste to see if I can live through it. However its a big DPS loss, and I cannot use HOI w/ AM, which is even more dps loss.

Any other suggestions? I have 4300 HP & Arrow Dancer. Around 110k Tornado shot with all of my steroids up.

Try changing to my augmented skilltree, it's designed to counter this problem.

I changed to the augmented albeit I modified it some. mine looks like this right now
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73p9de4O_rr8xbvjI_YNjcSiTZKNfVuvh3aXBjB8TiohduOfGYp_K1FHI9OGzkp9wzo51NaKN9SNv5UF51SPYG8nwTMqOCSLdvftP9Qj2cYIiST9mmoPqzH6MHEylJrx_94Wv6Cf3ah_Al1odf0mlUt4puDKqb6nhG9h4jpCZU3UQlVLvTa1SIw2R37rY4nTES82PXBSnapsjGKsBfmbJjIBshnPet0NFSAtgxm0LOmGswDuKk0_J0rIbqq18jWS2L3-j03jplcxnlb6yNzBSQ==

problem is, after taking the 4 life leech nodes I should have 2% life leech. but Character offence tab only shows main hand life leech as 0.4%. is the tooltip glitched, does your only show that also? Cause I'm scared to map right now on hc at level 91 until I know it's really pulling 2%. please advise.
"
IceMatrix wrote:
"
NeverSink wrote:
"
DuFFzbar wrote:
Anyone having issues killing yourself on Elemental Reflect? I wasn't having issues at first, but now I've increased my damage so much I kill myself almost instantly.

I dropped Hatred, and picked up Haste to see if I can live through it. However its a big DPS loss, and I cannot use HOI w/ AM, which is even more dps loss.

Any other suggestions? I have 4300 HP & Arrow Dancer. Around 110k Tornado shot with all of my steroids up.

Try changing to my augmented skilltree, it's designed to counter this problem.

I changed to the augmented albeit I modified it some. mine looks like this right now
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73p9de4O_rr8xbvjI_YNjcSiTZKNfVuvh3aXBjB8TiohduOfGYp_K1FHI9OGzkp9wzo51NaKN9SNv5UF51SPYG8nwTMqOCSLdvftP9Qj2cYIiST9mmoPqzH6MHEylJrx_94Wv6Cf3ah_Al1odf0mlUt4puDKqb6nhG9h4jpCZU3UQlVLvTa1SIw2R37rY4nTES82PXBSnapsjGKsBfmbJjIBshnPet0NFSAtgxm0LOmGswDuKk0_J0rIbqq18jWS2L3-j03jplcxnlb6yNzBSQ==

problem is, after taking the 4 life leech nodes I should have 2% life leech. but Character offence tab only shows main hand life leech as 0.4%. is the tooltip glitched, does your only show that also? Cause I'm scared to map right now on hc at level 91 until I know it's really pulling 2%. please advise.

Just checked it really only shows 0.4%, im pretty sure it's a glitch.

Also: Just did a HUGE update, added windripper part, updated gem and a lot of other sections :)
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Jan 11, 2016, 1:23:01 AM
"
NeverSink wrote:

Also: Just did a HUGE update, added windripper part, updated gem and a lot of other sections :)

one last question if i take out the 3 mana leech nodes culminating in essence sap i have only the 1 node for 0.4% is that enough mana leech do you know? its all you have on your tree...or do you have it on your gear?
"
IceMatrix wrote:
"
NeverSink wrote:

one last question if i take out the 3 mana leech nodes culminating in essence sap i have only the 1 node for 0.4% is that enough mana leech do you know? its all you have on your tree...or do you have it on your gear?

0.4 was enough for a good harbinger, on WR it's slightly not enough, which is ok, since it enables our Divination Distillate.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
"
IceMatrix wrote:
"
NeverSink wrote:

I use only 0.4 and "my mana is gone" is not an issue. I play TS, maybe harder with other "non splitting arrow" - builds.
"
NeverSink wrote:
"
IceMatrix wrote:
"
NeverSink wrote:

0.4 was enough for a good harbinger, on WR it's slightly not enough, which is ok, since it enables our Divination Distillate.

I'd love if you could cover proper distillate use. Blood Rage degen seems completely countered by Vaal Pact, as we heal to full immediately when firing into a pack.

Also, cheers for the build. Started building this char based on Mathil's Voltaxic, but ended up with a 9 crit WindRipper, so switching to your tree was a breeze :)

PS: have you tried mirror arrow? With increased duration, I'm amazed how well it works for keeping me alive in small boss rooms or with charging/jumping mobs.
The new skill images are very fancy, you put a lot of work here :). There's a little typo in the lightning arrow one, with "work" repeated twice. Also you could put a note near the beginning of the guide or around the skill tree section to tell reader that the windripper version is in 3rd post. I was looking for it everwhere and didn't think at first to look *after* the gear section.

Nice job.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
This guide was always verry good.

But the permanent support and the continued work makes it better and better.

In my opinion its the best guide at the moment in this forum.

Thanks a lot again for the best guide i ever saw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info