[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
daemmon wrote:

The build has a 4L empty (unless you're using 2x CWDT). I tested Curse on Hit + Split Arrows + Assassin's Mark + Pierce. Worked if you have decent accu and IAS. It gets better if you use Drillneck + Pierce passives. It´s the laziest way of applying curses. I just dropped it for a Culling+IIR combo, just because it never hurts to have some extra and I don´t mind dropping the curse myself.

Good idea on the Curse on Hit...surprised I didn't think of that myself as I use spectral throw and LMP with curse on hit Enfeeble with my melee builds. I don't use 2X CWDT so might give it a whirl. Still effectively have to 'cast' it because action needed, but at least with an attack you are doing damage AND you get higher curse effect/duration at higher CoH level.
Hi guys, I need a bit of suggestion on the gears.

Current gears
Spoiler

Character stats
Spoiler

Defense

Offense

With that setup, i can run 68 map or below. No problem for killing mod in 70-74 map but I will get instant dead if I met an exile there...or a few hit from those magic/rare monsters...

Now, I need to set a target for getting better gears. I need some suggestion to see which one will be my priority.

Body - I will 6L that Queen of Forest after I get another 5L for a backup.
Bow - I think I can use this for another while.
Helmet - Think this one will stay too.
Boots - Will replaced to Atziri's Step eventually.

Quiver, Gloves, Rings, Belt and Amulet need a better one but I dont know which one need to get a replace first. Can someone give me some suggestions please?

P.S I mainly use iceshot/tornado on the QoF body. This depends on the map type.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
Last edited by Exorcist901 on Nov 5, 2014, 7:06:30 PM
Two issues that I can see is that you're not running a CWDT setup, which is pretty important, and you're not running Hatred. Yes, Hatred is a DPS aura, but it's also important defensively - you want to freeze stuff as much as possible. And the lack of CWDT hurts too - I'd get some armor/eva gloves, color them RRRR, and run the setup suggested in the OP.

edit: and I forgot to thank Neversink for the amazing build! Thanks :)
Last edited by Faldrath on Nov 5, 2014, 6:54:42 PM
"
Faldrath wrote:
Two issues that I can see is that you're not running a CWDT setup, which is pretty important, and you're not running Hatred. Yes, Hatred is a DPS aura, but it's also important defensively - you want to freeze stuff as much as possible. And the lack of CWDT hurts too - I'd get some armor/eva gloves, color them RRRR, and run the setup suggested in the OP.

The reason for that running is that the RNG! Spent almost 300Chr on the helmet/Gloves and try to make them RRRR...RNG is so poor atm :/ I should have just use that 285 to get RRR...

--edited--
Ok...vendor a few Chr to make it to 285 for the last try...

Hate RNG...
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
Last edited by Exorcist901 on Nov 5, 2014, 7:05:52 PM
Hmm, I wonder why Neversink left Increased Duration at low level.

The level cap of CWDT doesn't affect ID as far as I know.

I should test this 6/7/8 CWDT setup, I'm using the low level 1/3/5 as I had those from a previous character but I guess I will get hit harder with this character, since it's pure eva with no mitigation.
"
daemmon wrote:

I should test this 6/7/8 CWDT setup, I'm using the low level 1/3/5 as I had those from a previous character but I guess I will get hit harder with this character, since it's pure eva with no mitigation.

it's 20/20 meanwhile, I just forgot to update the individual gems in the guide, sorry :P
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
nm i should L2read better lol
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Nov 5, 2014, 8:44:18 PM
"
"
daemmon wrote:

it's 20/20 meanwhile, I just forgot to update the individual gems in the guide, sorry :P

No problemo. Do you feel 6/7/8 setup is better? Is it activated on most hits or some are not activating it?
Gear Upgrade.

Any one wanne give me some advice on what to upgrade and what to aim for gear vice :)

Spoiler

Tx in advance.
first of all, thank you neversink for the inspiration!
secondly, i can really recommend giving my current gem setup a try.
instead of using puncture in my second 5 linked i use frenzy as a utility shot but not simply frenzy :

frenzy + gmp + power c on crit + curse on hit + assasins mark

within a couple of shots i have both my frenzy as well as power charges up and all enemys standing in my path are cursed. after about four shots i switch either to my 5l tornado shot setup ( the same as reccomended by neversink) or, if it is a single enemy i use my 4l puncture.
admittedly this overall setup decreases the damage of puncture drastically however the immense increase in clear speed due to the charges makes up for it easily.
this utility shot setup works so well, that i am even considering using my first 6l (if i ever get one) for a second curse instead of an uber powered tornado shot.

glhf
Last edited by Waldbewohner on Nov 6, 2014, 4:12:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info