[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Here's my setup:

Gear
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Defensive Stats:
Spoiler

I usually have my evasion flask buff and vaal grace alternating as I run through the map. Eva flask puts me at 63% evasion. Vaal grace puts me at 73% to dodge attacks and 78% to dodge spells.
IGN: Evyx / Archnemesis SC
Last edited by Evyx on Nov 25, 2015, 11:24:38 AM
That's the case, neither dodge nor evasion reduces hits which went thru them, and that's 100% sure that some hits will do so.
Burn all the orbs!
So, since the guide doesn't actually explain it...

What's the right 6L setup to use with TS+Drillneck?

Just had one drop (yeah!)

I took the pierce passices so I'm at 100% to pierce with a pierce gem.

Just swap FA for pierce?
There is no right setup. Each player can have its preference.

With Drillneck, I'd go for: TS, GMP, PPAD, Increase crit chance, Added fire damage, any of Faster Attack, Pierce or Slower Proj (test them and chose the one you prefer).

Don't forget that drillneck gives you "increased" projectile damage, not "more". Usual trees already have around 190-200% increased bow damage, + 90-100% increased from projectiles and some other increase sources (from gems, gear, etc.). So drillneck will typically be equivalent to 20-25% more damage at most.
Also Pierce allows projectiles to pierce (o'rly?). This is clear speed that is not visible on tooltip dps. That's why you really need to test to leverage pros & cons of each alternative.

I haven't done it myself as I use a rare quiver.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Hey guys,

I love this Ranger build. It is the first Ranger build I really enjoyed a lot, super fast and clearing speed is so much better than of other builds. But anyway, im at Level 86 right now, any improvements you can suggest are welcome.

My current Gear:

Spoiler

I´ve followed the tree as NeverSink suggested so far:

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgUtBbUF-QYjCC4IiQqbDY0WvxmOH0EhdiP2JP0mlSoLMHEwfDH6MgEylDY9N9Q51DpCOrM-z0MxSn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHVUtVhVoaW69daGHiYqxsjG1scFJ07XXLdvd463rvfXV_An8rhs6Hdow2jX2Nfo2_lQWa8Zsmm42dqqCfoaSly6bgp9SyGbVIu-O95r6nwTPBScMzxKLI3MqpzZjN6s96037UI9nG2sHcFd2o4dvjn-cK51TndOjW6mLrFO0_7YPvevPq_MX-Hf66_sj_3g==?accountName=Stone__Cold&characterName=tExStoneeCold

Btw, running with this 6-Link The Restless Ward is just awesome, it's like you never run out of Frenzy Charges with it. I'm sure I will at least reach sth. over 4k life, which im not sure if it will be enough to be Atziri viable, even though I haven´t maxed out all Gems yet with Quality and Corruption, so I am not on full DPS yet. But sure will reach that in the coming months.
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
Is this build viable in 2.1.0 ?
how could we know?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Great guide so far !

I have some questions rearding which main attack skill should be the best choice in which case:

You provide nice and clear explanations for each skill, and we learned that Tornado Shot/GMP is better vs Bosses, Split/Chain is better vs big groups.
I've read time and time again ingame and on the forum, that since 2.0 Split>Tornado, but I don't see why? With a nice bow our clearspeed should be fine for maps, and i prefer not shooting 5 minutes on a single boss.
Also the damage penalty of chain is higher than GMP.

You wrote that Ice Shot is a great main attack skill, if you can efford a 5l/6l, what I am planning in the new Talisman league. Also Ice Shot greatly benefits from pierce, as there will be more explosions, so then would be drillneck a must have? (Budget is NOT important now, i'm farming a lot) How important becomes "increased elemental damage wich weapons", if you use Ice Shot?
-> So, is this the BEST option? Are there more points, which matter here?

I am also very interested in how laggy Ice Shot is versus bigger packs. I have quite a good computer, but I still face some hard laggs time and time again, my Rainbownuker sometimes even kicks me out of the game.
I hate lagging contend due to too many colours/explosions, specially while playin' in a party, what i do most of the time.

=======================================================================================

Crafting an Harbinger

Very good guide, and nothing to add/complain about.

What i'd like to know now, would you recommend at the begin of a new league (when currency is rare), to craft only ONE stat on an Harbinger and then use a Regal? Multicrafting three Mods seems in my eyes an easier way to get a very good bow in a short period of time, than alterating the bow untill it gets 2 goods stats, using regal (needin' a lot of Luck) and then exalting/multicrafting ?

thanks for your help!
Last edited by KalayoGaming on Nov 27, 2015, 6:46:12 AM
@poster from above:

As I dislike and won't use categorising worse/better I must defend SA a little:

backround: Ranger 90-92 lvl, gear "shit as fuk actually/10", rather squishy too

I could run rare 10-12t maps only thanks to great range that SA gives. At TS range half of what was there would crash me within 2 seconds. I didn't fail at balancing attack/def. Rather there just was not much resources to share between these two.

(This poor thing: miserable_ranger, it used to be 20-30% weaker overall then, imo).
Plus I have an opinion of guy who screws this setup to the bone, so imagine what someone with knowledge can achieve with SA.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Nov 27, 2015, 6:57:31 AM
Personally:

TS: hard bosses
Split Arrow : Haku, Elreon, half or no regen maps
Lightning Arrow : everything else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info