[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
returnofsnow wrote:

Nuff said. 30% damage is way better than 12% IAS anytime. I like my 200k+ Frenzy tooltip with FA too, but that's only like 1/3-4 shots because I am out of mana everytime. If you don't have a really good bow, Physical damage is way more beneficial. It actually adds to your damage and leech.

Just my 2 cents.

Actually, you should get nether physical damage nor Attack speed nodes from Shadow's starting - all those are suboptimal... I dont recommend starting as a Shafow for physical bow build.
this. In fact I don't recommand shadow far any physical build but EK (maybe), the lack of life at start is too much of a problem with 2.0 damage increase.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Thanks for the reply guys. Got this bow, my tt is up to around 20k now with Hatred and HoA. Still need some more HP, in my opinion, but I'll work on that, and get the Ranger nodes. I know that the Ranger Start is more effective than the Shadow, but I've always liked the shadow, so thought I would try it out :)

Thanks for the previous replies. It was very on point and proficient.

So now I'm settled for those. I got myself a somewhat okay rat's nest and I plan on throwing a divine on it. I don't care so much for the IIR and would like to get above average crit.

So now I think I have my basic items set. I'm also capped on almost all res(8 off cold Q_Q) Next up I think I will have to start improving my life.

I currently sit at 3.7k life which I feel is abysmal. I'm thinking that the boots should be my next big upgrade do you guys think it's a sound decision?

I could free up a lot of space on my jewelry with a good pair of boots, I currently feel like my amulet and rings could do a lot better but I need some proper boots before that.

I'm also thinking about trading the belly away to buy a somewhat decent 6link. Would this be a good idea?

Spoiler
"
Afasia wrote:
Thanks for the previous replies. It was very on point and proficient.

So now I'm settled for those. I got myself a somewhat okay rat's nest and I plan on throwing a divine on it. I don't care so much for the IIR and would like to get above average crit.

So now I think I have my basic items set. I'm also capped on almost all res(8 off cold Q_Q) Next up I think I will have to start improving my life.

I currently sit at 3.7k life which I feel is abysmal. I'm thinking that the boots should be my next big upgrade do you guys think it's a sound decision?

I could free up a lot of space on my jewelry with a good pair of boots, I currently feel like my amulet and rings could do a lot better but I need some proper boots before that.

I'm also thinking about trading the belly away to buy a somewhat decent 6link. Would this be a good idea?

Spoiler

I would suggest you to throw out the amulet, ring and belt. Get amulet with life and preferably crit multi, maybe some stats and/or resists (what you need). Same goes for the ring, if you can invest, get decent diamond rings. If you miss some strength or intelligence for the use of skills or equipment, put a skill point +30 nodes (strength shouldn't be a problem but int is. I am lvl 87 and still have +60 int from the tree). I think it's more efficient than sacrificing resists or HP on jewellery. Also get a rustic sash with lots of HP and at least 2 resists. Then I would switch chest for Daresso.ň

/Edit: I think you can have Atziri's step, they are good imho. I just don't know why didn't you buy them with max HP roll? I don't think that the 2% more dodge spell dmg is that important but +11 life can make a HUGE difference with how +% HP nodes have you picked up in the tree. I personally got them with max HP roll and 14% spell dmg dodge for 1c on Warbands.
Last edited by peppko2306 on Sep 11, 2015, 3:51:20 PM
Hi there,
I followed the guide I found there to craft my harbinger.
I have got one mod left, should I add attack speed or crit multiplier ?

This will be used for this tornado shot build (I am currently using a chin sol...)
What do you think I should add ?

Thanks !
Any advice on what to upgrade next. I was planning on saving for 6L Harbringer. Anything else I should prioritize first? At 4.5k HP, capped Res (-15 Chaos), 5400 LA DPS standing in Hideout (Chain and GMP).

Playing on Tempest, so Rat's Nest and Maligaros aren't really an option.

Spoiler

Last edited by crux47 on Sep 11, 2015, 9:23:29 PM
"
edessiex wrote:
Hi there,
I followed the guide I found there to craft my harbinger.
I have got one mod left, should I add attack speed or crit multiplier ?

This will be used for this tornado shot build (I am currently using a chin sol...)
What do you think I should add ?

Thanks !

Increased Attackspeed > Crit Multi on weapons. IAS definitely.

"
crux47 wrote:
Any advice on what to upgrade next. I was planning on saving for 6L Harbringer. Anything else I should prioritize first? At 4.5k HP, capped Res (-15 Chaos), 5400 LA DPS standing in Hideout (Chain and GMP).

Playing on Tempest, so Rat's Nest and Maligaros aren't really an option.

Spoiler

Right now it's more about leveling your gems and QoL upgrades. Get better rings, with more life, better belt, gloves. Try to have atleast 80+ life on everything. You should ditch the Atziri's step if you can't cap your resists/need some Str/Int or anything.
Last edited by returnofsnow on Sep 12, 2015, 2:21:56 AM
First I want to thank you for the nice build and really comprehensive guide. Beside giving me a great Ranger I learned quite a few things about mechanics :) Currently I am even using Item Rarity on TS because it still clears maps nicely XD

I was wondering what your opionion on Starkonja's Head is? It seems to me that compared to Rat's Nest it has has less DPS but the advantages of all the low life bonus stuff plus (in my case 88) life.
Last edited by Hoggemeister on Sep 13, 2015, 12:01:23 PM
Hi everyone,

This thread is great, I learned lots of things about tornado shot but also about the game.
Thank you Neversink !

But there is a thing that I do not fully understand in this guide :
Why do you need the pierce cluster in the tree when time comes to equip a Drillneck ?

I mean, you cannot exceed 100% pierce chance ?
Because with this cluster you have 119% (30% + 10% + 79%) pierce chance and 20% projectile damage for 4 nodes.
With a 20/20 pierce gem you gain 79% of pierce chance, plus 10% with a Drillneck.
To improve pierce chance you can get a Poacher's Aim jewel for example (which is quite affordable) instead of getting the pierce cluster.
With this you save 4 nodes.

What is better, save 1 jewel slot for a better one and spend 4 passive points or use Poacher's Aim and invest in better nodes ?

P.S: My english is quite bad, so don't hesitate to correct this post ;-).
Last edited by warlock19 on Sep 13, 2015, 1:39:09 PM
"
warlock19 wrote:
Hi everyone,

This thread is great, I learned lots of things about tornado shot but also about the game.
Thank you Neversink !

But there is a thing that I do not fully understand in this guide :
Why do you need the pierce cluster in the tree when time comes to equip a Drillneck ?

I mean, you cannot exceed 100% pierce chance ?
Because with this cluster you have 119% (30% + 10% + 79%) pierce chance and 20% projectile damage for 4 nodes.
With a 20/20 pierce gem you gain 79% of pierce chance, plus 10% with a Drillneck.
To improve pierce chance you can get a Poacher's Aim jewel for example (which is quite affordable) instead of getting the pierce cluster.
With this you save 4 nodes.

What is better, save 1 jewel slot for a better one and spend 4 passive points or use Poacher's Aim and invest in better nodes ?

P.S: My english is quite bad, so don't hesitate to correct this post ;-).

Actually, you have the point. Spending 4 point for that is too much.
But proper pathing requires just 3 points to get Poacher's Aim. And jewel socket also costs 3 nodes, so if you got good jewels, you better pick Pierce cluster.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info